Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Safety

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Safety

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1129 results found

1. on 20201020 today I used Twitch soundtrack and got a copyright strike , how can that be?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  DMCA  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. TWITCH SHOULD BE REACHING OUT TO ARTISTS AND GETTING APPROVAL FOR ENTIRE PLATFORM!!! Many many many artists would love to be able to have their music played on as many streams as possible. After all, it's FREE MARKETING!! Twitch should work with these labels who own the rights to make these decisions over the artist, and bring music back to streams. Artists get free marketing, labels make more off of that as ewell as the artists, and viewers and streamers alike get a much more enjoyable product that can also lead them to music they love that they might've never…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  DMCA  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Many streamers like myself are having their streams muted for songs that are embedded in games. Furthermore, since CW strikes are at the forefront of the majority of streamers, automatically muting streams for licensed music (the guild have acquired said licenses) creates more "paperwork" than necessary.

While I do agree with banning CW music without proper licensing, muting audio and then having to justify constantly for EVERY stream is unnecessary. BMI and others have API callbacks available to moderate for said CW music.

For music not from these companies, but under a license, a system should be in place where…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. It would be good to have an option of a 'sort by' on the lists of "Username", "Added by" and "Time Banned".

When you go to your "Banned Users" list (Dashboard > Preferences > Moderation > Banned Chatters) the bans are in a totally random order. This makes it harder to sort out the list.

This will make it much easier to find a banned user, sort out your moderator team and see when you have the most bans, etc.

Thank you for reading and I hope this feature can be added, to give us streamers more flexibility.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. . Commenting Anti Abuse

-channel owner MAC Blocking controls
    : platforms should allow channel owners to have controls, where thy can see username to MAC address allowing them to block/unblock accounts-MAC Pairs.

-Protected Chat
    Channel who opt-in to have their chat protected,will have the controls to approve/revoke the user-MAC Pair globally and the platform would remember the decisions, so channel owners wouldn’t have to approved after each stream.

-Highlight Known Banned Accounts
    Accounts who have been allowed back from a previous Platform ban or who have been channel banned from another channel should be highlighted in the chat for a…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. An option that detects copyrighted content and removes streams or clips, or cuts off the parts where this content is detected to avoid removing the glorious work you've done.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  DMCA  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I believe that the Twitch Audio Algorithm meant to catch and mute copyrighted material should be improved upon.

Many streamers have had parts of a VOD muted due to a copyrighted song, even though that song is a part of the game, and is in-game audio. The streamer likely paid for the game, so they aren't streaming the game with that song in it for free.

I believe the Algorithm should improve upon looking for audio that is both inside and outside of the game, OR, whenever the Algorithm checks for copyrighted material, a real person needs to give the…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Because of this clip thing and the strike when you hear music in the clip copyright, I had the idea that you as a streamer can restrict the clip function or deactivate it immediately and reactivate it if you want

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  DMCA  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Similar to the Watch Party. This way Streamers could share music with some of the viewers (prime members) without this whole DMCA problem because only viewers who have access to the songs anyway can listen to them.

The only issue would be how you would handle that the streamer hears the music too, without making it audible for nonprime members. But this way people would still have to pay somewhere to listen to the music to give the artists credit and at the same time it would improve the quality of streams. In my opinion, this would even help musicians…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Chat bots are intended for a channel owner to engage and moderate THEIR chat and channel. It is inappropriate, unwelcome, and absolutely NOT HARMLESS. You would NEVER in your right mind allow some stranger (or their spy cam and mic) to lurk unwelcome in your home.

Chatbots should not have the same account-like status as real people. They should be restricted to their owner's channel and chat completely via implementation. They should not be permitted to roam freely.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Bots  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Add a set cooldown from following to unfollowing as it sucks when someone follows to only get noticed by the streamer and thanked to then immediatly unfollow. People do this often on my stream, they follow me, I say thanks and a few moments later then unfollow.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Lately, these bans attacking everyone are complicated.

What if they create a way for users who are watching streaming to confirm the bans?An example: Suppose I am watching a stream where the creator of the content does something that will upset me, in which case I request a ban confirmation for all other users who are watching the same stream, and if the percentage rate is in favor ban, the ban is approved by the majority.What do you think? Fair enough?Note: Please, if you like the idea, don't take it for yourself. I await an answer.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Thanks for putting together Creator Camp in the first place! It has a wealth of resources and gives me more confidence to get started.

One thing I would like more information about is how to avoid copyright issues with playing music on my channel while streaming. I know some streamers do this already and I would like to know their workarounds (especially since listening to certain kinds of music is a big part of my life and personality).

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. To help with the new stuff coming with banning people it should have an optional feature to require an account to view a stream. And to go further to set the level of account i.e. required just an account, require an account with a verified email, require the account to be at least x hours/days old.
    That way those people we've banned cannot just sit there logged out stalking us.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. La noche del 17 de enero, mientras estaba retransmitiendo, sufrí un spam de followers, haciendo imposible la retransmisión debido al constante sonido de las notificaciones, luego continuo el spam en el chat, lo que me obligo a desactivar las notificaciones y activar el chat solo para subscriptores.

Me gustaría saber si twitch cuenta con alguna protección para estos casos de acoso, y si se podria revisar mi canal y eliminar todas las cuentas falsas(unas 900 cuentas) que desde anoche han aumentado el numero de seguidores ilegales en mi canal.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bots  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Dear Twitch Staff,
    I know my opinion is just a shoot in the abyss and nobody will ever read it. Despite this, I am going to make a small attempt.

I decided to write this, because I witnessed how a single user with a fake account can force to "expel" my viewers. It was not a regular troll, because he harassed not only the broadcaster (me), but also the normal users in the chat. In addition, he followed me, so he will receive information when exactly I will start a stream. I saw pointless to ban him (even if I…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I have an issue with bots in my chat. I don't need to see them listed alongside real users. What I ask for, is that you can right click them and "label as bot". Putting them into a different kind of 'listing' on the 'see who is in your chat' popup. This does not mean you kick them, or ban them or etc... it just means that "you" can see whether they are bots or real users. Or any User on your channel when opening up the list of viewers, can see that they are at the bottom, listed under…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. The gamer community is a well known toxic ground for girls, just yesterday while watching a Brazilian league of legend tournament many users were posting toxic and thresh posts about the first Brazilian girl to play in a big league of legend team (CNB), we can't let this attitude go unpunished or just forget it. Twitchs needs to take a step forward and create a campaign to protect and encourage girls to keep on playing and follow their dreams. Twitch also need to encourage players to report this kind of attitude and punish this kind of "bad, for community, gamer".…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. It's not unusual for streamers to get banned for accidentaly bringing up NSFW stuff or saying something inappropriate (racism for example) during stream, soo i had an idea to add a censorship option for streamers, this would allow them to censor parts of the stream soo when someone who are sensitive to that stuff watches it they don't need to see/hear what was censored, you guys may also add an option for people to see what was censored but that is all up to you guys.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. add the ability to show only channels that are suitable for children. This way a kid can safely watch twitch.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?