Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Safety

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Safety

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1129 results found

1. Given the terms of service defines driving streams as Self Harm and Injury due to distracted driving, I would want a stipulation added that the streaming device being it a phone or tablet must feature the back of the Driver's head to be evident that the Driver is not a distracted driver.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Proposal: All DMCA strike appeals within 30 days, or another concrete time period. Twitch must have an avenue for creators to submit proof of license for copyrighted music, which should also have a mandatory maximum 30 days review period. Note: This should be accompanied by an additional 'bad actor' appeal option.

An example from my experience: I'm sure I'm not the only one in this boat, but I have purchased lifetime stream rights to broadcast a song made by a small creator. I have provided twitch with that information. I have appealed every muted audio...for months. I even received a…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  DMCA  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I know many people under the age of 13 that wanna watch peoples' streams or show off their talent on Twitch, but they can't since they don't meet the age requirement. Instead, I think people under the age of 13 should be able to use Twitch, just without the chat feature. That way they can still show off their awesome skills but they just won't be able to view the chat in case there is someone inappropriate in it.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Instead of striking users or scrubbing content, develop an algorithm with the aid of spotify/youtube/apple music etc that generates plays that work in conjunction with music heard on a stream. That way users can play game like GTA without worrying about being taken down for DMCA, while music streaming sites generate income for the music artists. Everybody wins.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. It would be nice if you could look into this as I don't want to DMCA'd when I'm following the rules!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Modded and hacked games should be banned. Original license games should be shown only Twitch. So the viewers won't be confused.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. There should be two different accounts. One for streamers and one for viewers. I noticed most streamers tend to flirt more with other streamers. This distracts the audience. There should be a new rule streamers can't view other streamers. Raids should be random not chosen. If this is going to happen. Safety reasons for women streamers being lurk by older male streamers.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Banned streamers for lurking and trying to pick up date during live stream. Safety precaution for young ladies streamers whom older men viewers flirting and speaking to them awkwardly during live stream. Stream should be cut off or turn off. Both streamer and viewer should be questioned. Also ban temporarily.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Today, the only available options are to report abusive actions are to report individual people, ie either the streamer or someone specific in a chat; basically individuals.

The problem is, moderators on some chats get the power in their hands go to hteir head, and since some rather big streamers delegate this job to them precisely because they cannot monitor what happens, it creates a void in which allows abusive behaviours to happen.

The moderation problem is specific in the way you don't know who issued an individual moderation action against you, hence you cannot even talk to him/her (provided…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Some Streamer are using ilnessess to get money from viewers and most of them doesn't prove if they have the ilness or not and they are burning the people that has the ilness not only in Twitch but IRL too. They says for it users to give some excuses that are funny and the better is that he doesn't show the medical documention because his parents are cousin and he is afraid to lose his viewer and lose his money.

The point is. When the Streamer are using Twitch to stream his games, stuff... befre he start do it he…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. There has to be a better way to get unmuted from copyright free audio.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. What to do to avoid a strike if a music author gave me permisison to listen to his/her musical production while streaming on twitch ? Of course I mean permission with proof like message screenshots etc. and no money involved.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Pretty simple actually. With the new Steam policies about getting more NSFW games and more Illusion Games SFW versions in the same platform, i'm sure that list is pretty outdated and needs more games getting banned. (Koikatsu: Party is SFW if you don't include a specific patch from the official game to be NSFW).
    And not more sexually, high gruesome or extreme violence should be there too, Hatred is the best example nowadays and isn't include in the list. Postal 2 isn't neccesary for being more ironic & sartastic rather than polemic because yes.
    Games being bad and only popular…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. just do research first before u decide its copyright material

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Kanalımıza bir kaç gündür yayın esnasında istenmeyen botlar tarafından takip edilip yayın ortasında sabote ediliyor ve bizi banlattırmaya çalışıyorlar. Lütfen gerekeninin yapılmasını istiyoruz destekleriniz için teşekkür ederiz .

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bots  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I occasionally see streamers who promote therapy or claim to have mental health issues, when they really are not qualified to be involving themselves in such matters. Even worse are the situations where it's clear (or it cannot really be verified) that a streamer is claiming to have a problem, just so they can solicit for subs/donations/boost their social media presence.

I think the topic of mental health is just too personal and risky for someone with no background in treating mental illness (or appears to be pan-handling) to be discussing on their channel. I think beyond telling a viewer…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Not sure if Twitch already does this, but many public-facing jobs conduct background checks and verify their candidates are mentally/physically capable to do their job before they are able to work for them (especially if they are working with children/youth). This screening process could help weed out potential issues with repeat criminals/offenders/etc.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I think that an App could be created where we could check if the music is copyrighted.
    And if that were found the app would generate the information and a link where the music could be purchased. To put over the screeb Like this:

Song: Holiday
    Artist: Madonna
    Copyright By Sony
    Can be purchased on Amazon

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I think, Twitch or the owner of the song coulding put a small note over the live transmition telling viewers that they are the owner of he song. And the song also could be buying at Amazon or somewhere else clicking on the info. In my case Im an old Dj with more de 50 years and I use to play most 70 and 80 and sometimes my guests ask for the name of the song. If there is a link maybe they can be get interesed go out there to buy.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. DMCA Strikes could be avoided if plagiarism was better explained to streamers.

According to Stephanie Morrow, in her article "Plagiarism: What is it, Exactly?": Plagiarism is a confusing subject, and can often occur without the artist knowing it until it is too late.

If you use another person's work and do not attribute that work to the author, including copying text verbatim, paraphrasing a phrase or summarizing an idea, [or playing a song in the background of your stream], you are essentially committing plagiarism. Plagiarism usually occurs when a writer fails to:

• cite quotes or ideas written by another author;
    2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  DMCA  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?