Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Safety

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Safety

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1129 results found

1. BTTV is trash, and the entire community is cringe. I would appreciate it if Twitch allowed users to block their content, as it is not a part of the platform and 3rd party apps should not dominate chat. I would also like to point out that the BOOBA emote is extremely sexist, and only enables children to continue a mindset that has historically oppressed women as sexual objects. Finally, I would like an option to not have animated emojis in Twitch chat, because it is annoying and cringe.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. At the discretion of streamers and moderators, the reasons for the ban vary depending on the atmosphere of the room.

Sometimes, some users cannot remember what they said on the day of the ban

When they were asked to cancel after being banned,

it would be nice if the users could simply check why they were banned.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I'll note that many people have already submitted complaints about Twitch's lax punishments for harassers and abusers, but I'll submit mine anyway.

For years, there's been a user in a once huge stream who has been violating the rules thereof over and over but keeps getting unbanned despite his repeating his behaviors. Since his most recent unbanning, he has been harassing other users in both the stream and his own stream, as well as rallying his followers to join him in on it. For example:
    * https://controlc.com/69bedc23

Despite my numerous reports of his behavior—both to Twitch and the stream mods—no…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Create a difference between block and ignore commands. Ignoring a user should not be treated the same as a block. Ignoring a user would just mean that you do not see messages of a certain user in channels outside of your own and channels that you do not moderate. Ignored users would still stay followed to your channel.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. When applying a ban to a streamer, eventually apply an additional ban on their revenue (subs, bits, adv) for a period on top of the ban period.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. The problem: Blocking someone does two things:
    1. Makes them unable to interact with you in a poor manner (their messages won't show to you)
    2. Makes it so they CAN'T follow you and will be forced to unfollow (which doesn't make sense and you'll see why)

Now, how to fix it so it isn't garbage:
    1. Make it so permanent ban forces the person to unfollow instead and prevents them from joining hosts or raids that goes to whoever banned them.
    2. Instead of hiding chat messages from a blocked person, take the Discord approach (add a "this message…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. In the last year I have discovered on your platform an incresead number of streamers that push agendas or political views through their perfomances. Across time I enjoyed watching others playing and learned interesting things from your streamers but the above mentioned practices have been very tiring.
    But my main concern is about the impact of these atitudes on the younger(minor) audience which are very vulnerable, easy to manipulate and influenceable .
    I would appreciate if you would take into consideration this and a first measure I thought about would be to implement a tagging/flagging of the streamers that have…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Music license companies put their videos on Youtube and make money through Youtube. They need to be watched in order to make money. There is no problem when everyone watched its videos individually but a streamer share their videos with crowd of people it is problem because this is loss of earning for them. My suggestion is that when the streamer share a music from Youtube, available number of streamer' spectator be reflected music views. In this way even if streamer does not have any right of broadcasting, music license companies lose anything also they make a profit with the…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  DMCA  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. i think it not apropriate to show the nudity of body like many channels

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. “Twitch does not allow content that depicts, glorifies, encourages, or supports terrorism, or violent extremist actors or acts.” But for some reason Twitch allows it in games? Call of duty modern warfare 2 allows you to slaughter civilians at an airport. Destroy All Humans glorifies Genocide. The Postal series promotes mass murder. These games have their place but it’s not on this platform by Twitch’s own definition. Either ban these games or change the community guidelines to allow depictions of terrorism.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Why does Twitch not partner with StreamHype Music in order to provide DMCA Free music to its users? You should review and reach out to them for potential opportunity.

https://www.streamhypemusic.com
    info@streamhypemusic.com

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Your platform is dying because you gave everyone a choice and a voice then you slowly started to take it away. This is how a platform dies In The United States. We don’t like to be told what to do and what we can play. Especially when we are playing music WE BOUGHT AND PAID FOR on iTunes or even on a CD. Being punished for playing the music WE PAID FOR is unacceptable. I stopped using your platform when you started striking DJs and I’ll NEVER go back. Your platform is dying

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. We already have the option to set our chat to "only followers" or "only subs" so chatbots can't spam around.

Why don't we have an option to temporary disable following on our channel? This could be a implemented as a mod feature - maybe with an option to directly report follow botting on that channel.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Will Twitch Be Doing a Strikes Removal Program in the Future Like Say After So many Days the Strikes Fall off? the account? Would Something like this be possible in the future?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I would suggest to go over your existing appeals for muted music.

Two of my videos are falsely muted for 15 months now. I've sent multiple e-mails to Twitch on every possible email I could of find, and every response is that it's not their department to deal with appeals.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  DMCA  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. [PT-BR]
    Favor considerar adicionar para cada vídeo ou live a classificação de idade. E não somente ao canal.

Para o Brasil temos: L(all ages), 10, 12, 14, 16, 18.
    https://pt.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sistema_de_Classifica%C3%A7%C3%A3o_Indicativa_Brasileiro

[En]
    Please consider adding an age rating to each video or live. And not just to the channel.

For Brazil we have: L (all ages), 10, 12, 14, 16, 18.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brazilian_advisory_rating_system

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Why do you have us use Twitch Soundtrack as an approved music source than hit my game stream with a VOD? You approved the music so why may I ask am I and my stream being penalized for it? YOU need to fix this issue ASAP. I've uninstalled the Soundtrack app because of this and will Never use it again.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Please make sure that Soundstripe Music does not get flagged as copywright audio. Very irritating to see multiple random vods with audio muted and i ONLY use Soundstripe.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I get it...RIAA is aggressive. However, if ContentID can automatically tag and flag a song by whistling the notes, then I would suggest posting a link automatically to "Purchase this song now on iTUNES, Google Play, Amazon, or listen now on Spotify" over muting a stream.

But I know you don't argue with lawyers, you just do it or get sued with them.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Hola, me gustaría, si es posible, que Twitch tuviese una página o sección donde los creadores de contenido pegamos un link de una canción (de youtube por ejemplo) y que Twitch diga de manera automática si tiene Copyright o no. Muchas gracias <3
    Sería muy útil para todo tipo de canales en la plataforma.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?