Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Safety

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Safety

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1130 results found

1. Having content warnings is absolutely ridiculous for anyone who is over 18. Don't treat your users who are adults like children. We don't need to be warned that the people we sub to swear in their streams.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I see the new stream labels, but don't see one for those who don't swear on screen. we feel kinda left out in the label update.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. If you want to talk about reinstating chat rights to someone who thinks they've been wrongly chat banned, there should be some way to get a hold of this person, especially from more than 5 years ago.

So twitch streamers don't have to give out their private email addresses they should be given a public email address that ends in twitch.tv. , Maybe @user.twitch.TV to differentiate it from corporate people who write from twitch?

That way they could deal with administration of their twitch stream fairly and honestly without involving the chatting public.

This was based on my experiences over…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. The current content classification rules lists 6 words as example profanity, three as "extreme vulgar language" and three as "mild profanity". Two problems: 1) not every part of the world categorizes those six words the same (some consider "cnt" to be pretty mild, some consider "" to be extreme, for example), but 2) due to this subjectivity, any profanity not listed is automatically unclear as to which category it belongs under. If I call my friend a *****, is that extreme? Is "douchebag" mild? I obviously don't think making lists of what profanity is extreme or mild…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I couldn't tell if one stream in my personal experience long ago was supposed to be for young children and family audiences or if it was supposed to be for teen audiences.

I tried to be careful but I said one wrong thing, that would be considered rated T on a video game, and I got immediately thrown off and suspended from their twitch chat without giving a chance to explain or anything like that.

At the time there was no rule about the level of chat that was expected from the audience. Like for example you could request the…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Some streamers, such as 39Daph, have really offensive stream titles … Other streamers, such as Amouranth or TheDanDangler, have really offensive stream content. But there doesn’t seem to be a way to report them for offensive content or titles. It is really strange that Twitch doesn’t have offensive content as a ‘reason’ for reporting streamers.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. When Twitch mutes audio thinking it's a copyright issue, yet it' truly original music, it should NOT be hard to get the audio UNMUTED. This has happened before, where the bot erroneously thinks its copyrighted material, yet it is COMPLETELY MY OWN SOUND DESIGN and not samples, etc. It's BEYOND ANNOYING in that the VOD after does NOT unmute after, and I'm left with something unusable. FIX THIS PLEASE.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  DMCA  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I don't know, if I am right here. I am a new streamer on Twitch and someone was in the chat and took my number to request a call back. So I was called from 10 different numbers or more during the stream. Then I said, that I will stop here, because I can't work like this and someone commented: Defeated. It is all becaus people want to stop other people from streaming. How could that happen here? Do something against these idiots.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. The batch reporting tool is a good start, but it's not very useful. Please add a select all option and enable us to select a single report reason and add details to report all users at once instead of having to select each and every user. It's extremely tedious and time consuming when trying to report dozens or even hundreds or thousands of bots.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. While it is great to restrict inappropriate and negative responses in chat, it would be nice to lighten some of the restrictions that force those that do have generally positive, constructive, and/or harmless responses to be deleted while timing a user out. The DM chat provides a failing alternative to this, forcing other methods to also result similarly to the above punishment, if not a more worse punishment. Fixing this issue can also provide a method that can also bring more content creators and viewers to Twitch.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I would like to know how to make a formal complaint about the lack of responce from the reports system on your platform. I have been suffering abuse and harassment for a month from the same user and I have reported every time they have said or done something abusive or harassment, which has been at least 10 reports over the month and I have been given no responce and no action has been taken. I wish to make a formal complaint about this as the lack of responce is disgusting and the fact this streamer is still, a month…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Sometimes Twitch might recommend a channel, and we go there, dedicate much effort to good participation in it, support the streamer by using the Amazon link, then for no apparent reason, suddenly we have a notice that our account is permanently banned. This could ruin almost one month of a subscription, perhaps even more.

If ordinary users have a little power too, to access a channel's ban rate for example, then we might know to be wary about dedicating ourselves as much to the channel, and perhaps not even to subscribe to that particular channel.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Please add a feature that allows the Streamer to manually remove followers. Banning a user doesn't remove them from your followers list anymore. Users are still able to receive notifications of all of your activity, or in the case of stalkers and ban evaders, they just create new accounts to follow you around to receive these notifications and keep tabs on you.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Si los streamers BLOQUEAMOS (no baneamos, BLOQUEAMOS) un usuario, se debería bloquear directamente su IP de nuestro canal.
    Soy sistemáticamente acosada sexualmente por un usuario puntual. Pude bloquearlo en plataformas como Discord y allí no puede volver a entrar porque el sistema bloquea su IP. En Twitch, por el contrario, se crea múltiples cuentas cada vez que transmito y me siento violentada e insegura, al punto que no quiero volver a transmitir porque me causa ansiedad. Crear cuentas en la plataforma es muy sencillo y eso está bien, pero deben brindarnos seguridad.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Hello,

I recently had an awful experience on Twitch that makes me uninterested in further using the service. This does involve a suspension, but please give me a chance to explain, it is not my goal to evade said suspension.

On March 17th I reported a user for sending me a NSFW **** link in my private messages. It was actioned on the same day, then exactly 7 days later on March 24th I was suspended very suddenly for allegedly sharing "sexually explicit content in public or private messages".

At this time I have served the suspension and would like…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. CUANDO SE ABRE UN TICKET O DENUNCIA A OTRO USUARIO DEBERÍA SER REVISADOS SUS VIDEOS DE DIRECTOS Y CHAT SI SE DENUNCIA MUCHAS VECES,REVISION EN PROFUNDIDAD Y SUSPENSION DEL CANAL

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Good afternoon. Short feedback about the unilateral support of moderators

I am an adult, I am 30 years old. I believe that I assess the situation as an adult.

The essence of the problem. Most of the major Ukrainian channels have banned Twitch. Because of planned attacks by Russians with complaints, because they hate everything Ukrainian. And the Twitch platform does nothing about Russians who incite hatred.

In more detail, I will explain as an example.
    Go to your favorite broadcast, on Thursday-Friday. After the game Arma 3. A military game, a simulator, and see what the streamers are promoting…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Okay, I just wanted to ask if you could review your bannable behaviours: I found out that a streamer was permbanned for saying the world "blacks". I don't think that you should ban someone, worst if it is a streamer, for saying such a thing. Instead, the racist ones are the moderators. If saying "black" is racist, the only thing I can say is that only racist people could have the idea to think that it is racist. Come on, start thinking.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Dear Stream Colleagues.
    Twitch Ban headless streamers, those who are offline themselves.
    25 streamers Banned Were without any proof of live.

Copy from a Banned streamer. ( Name i am know it keep it for me self )
    DANGER!!!
    There is currently a group (usually 20-30 people) on Twitch who go into small streams and be friendly there and then start posting swastikas and insults. The people belong to the NWO and communicate on Telegram and choose victims on Twitch together.

Twitch sometimes bans the respective streamers because the group takes screenshots of them and sends them to Twitch.

25…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Earlier today was victim to a hacked game account after following a link in the description of a channel, normally i do tend to be very careful but i was caught out by the fact it was top trending/most viewers of that specific game. By using a clip from an official stream they managed to dupe myself and probably plenty others. Now the blame is definitely on myself for not double checking but i do feel there must be a simple way to avoid these type of "con's" ... even if just putting a sizable delay on the visible amount…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?