Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Safety

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Safety

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1125 results found

1. Sehr geehrtes Twitch Team, gibt es die möglichkeit im Abwehr Modus eine Einstellung um neue Fllower zu deaktivieren bei Bot Followern? Falls nicht wäre es bestimmt möglich das man dort so eine Funktion einrichtet damit der Chat sicherer wird. Mit freundlichen Grüßen.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Bots  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. i Say only this its a shame that a big platform like twitch is allowing to ***** asmr its no safe for children and a shame for a woman like me to see young woman selling them to that it has to get permant ban directly and iam 38 years old and telling you that

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I have a 13 hour VOD where 20 seconds of audio has been muted (im pretty sure) but i cannot seem to FIND exactly where it is...
    could we implement something that tags what part of the VOD was muted, with a numbered timestamp or something like taht, please???? (im aware it sections off part of the VOD with a color but in long VODs, sometimes its not able to be seen)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  DMCA  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. As a new twitch streamer i found so difficulty to reach avg 75viewers to get twitch patner for transcoding quality options . But transcoding quality option is available for twitch affliates although its not guarantee which feels so unfair to me like some of them get it and some others wont get it . Either give it to everyone or remove it for all twitch affliates . It feels so biased . Atleast provide subscription monthly and yearly plan payment method to get transcoding quality options is what all i need.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I am a person who has been permanently banned from Twitch. I am posting here because I contacted TwitchSupport about the subject matter and was advised that posting here was appropriate. I am also posting here from an account I created long before the one that was banned because I could not post here with the account I was disputing.
    Now, my question is, if I am permanently banned and 6 months later my appeal is rejected, what is the point of me waiting another 6 months to send in my appeal? I love Twitch, of course I do. I…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I would like to request for a feature to merge vods from the creator dashboard. I am suggesting this idea because I do face issues with streaming based on my current tech and so I do have times where my stream crashes and I have to restart my stream. So at the very least it would be nice to merge the vod so others from my community can watch my stream in a single vod and not have to change out. I believe that this feature will help multiple creators and will improve the streaming quality of life for those…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Hello,I found a bug:

Definitions -> Channel -> Select your birthday date -> Choose date: Open the calendar :

-days of the week pasted;
    -Numbers/and "saturday" leaving the calendar

Thanks,

Ana Abrantes

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Eu uso apenas músicas livres do Youtube, aquelas que são totalmente gratuitas e sem diretos autorais. Mas toda vez a Twich acha algo que não existe nas músicas. Será que não tem como vocês resolverem isso para eu não ficar toda vez vir e ter que contestar cada vídeo?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I play my own band's music and keep getting my VODs muted and automatically stopped publishing my VODs. My music category streams when I play covers are set not to publish per DMCA guidelines. But I purposely premiere new songs, lyric videos, and use our songs as intro/outro on gaming streams so they can exist in the VODs.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  DMCA  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Most of the community twitch (and especially Russian-speaking) is angry about the rigid rules of the platform, we are angry that twitch can ban the channel for just 1 word, while the platform makes absolutely no difference to the context in which the word was said, perhaps the streamer was just reading the news and in the text was a word that does not like twitch, and for the fact that the streamer says this word he will be instantly banned for example for "incitement to hatred" although there was no talk of any incitement to hatred, the streamer just…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Remove messages from deleted accounts that are bots the links from bots dming you stay active even after removed/ deleted

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Although not strictly limited to it being for safety reasons, having an option to download Twitch Whisper chat history as a .txt file is a feature that is missing from Twitch. It would be an extremely useful tool for reporting any harassment that occurs, particularly if there has been a long history of infrequent messages. I'm sure there are other uses for this tool that are not related to harassment too; but it just seems like a feature that is available on a number of other social media platforms, but is misisng on Twitch.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. The safety button on the dashboard just logs you out without warning, and when I sign back in, it treats computer I'm using like a new device requireing extra authentifications. It's the worst time for an inconvienience like that when your trying to deal with a major safety issue.
    Speaking of which, there's a cocacola advertisement currently running that isn increadibly louder than all the other ads you run, and it hurt my ears a lot

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    More Info Needed  ·  Ana responded

Hi there,

Could you please clarify what safety button you're referring to? Is it the Safety Center link towards the bottom of the Creator Dashboard menu? If so, I wasn't able to replicate the issue with it signing me out, when clicking it. Furthermore, I was curious to know what you are trying to access, to see if I can help clarify. Thank you!

15. A few days ago, a prominent streamer commented on the URL of a clip with an obscene image as a thumbnail on his channel, which caused a large number of obscene thumbnails to appear in the chat window. This was a case in which the streamer was banned by Twitch management while dealing with the BOT.

The streamer is a normal, healthy streamer and has no malicious intent.

The biggest problem is that the management officially counted the streamer for the violation afterwards.
    I strongly condemn the management for this.
    This is a very childish, poor, and inconsiderate decision that…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Remove the report button.

Why not? It's just a 'feel good' button. I keep reporting phishing scammers, cheaters, and use of viewbots.

Does Twitch do anything to stop them? Nope. I've flagged 1000 phishing(Not exaggeration) imposter accounts. They're still going.

I've flagged for cheating, with the specific rule, with the link to the said rule that the cheater is breaking and nothing happens.

The phishing scammers make a new one as one is taken down. No real way to prevent this menace.

The viewbots are quite obvious with looped video streams advertising a website or is to another phishing scam.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. vos modérateurs devraient prendre plus au sérieux les signalements de pervers qui sont sur votre plateforme vous parlez de sécurité mais vous êtes loin d'être irréprochable en la matière vous n'êtes pas responsable de tout ce qui est diffuser sur twitch mais du moment qu'un signalement est fais vous êtes juridiquement responsable prenez la peine de prendre en compte les signalement fais contre ces pervers qui sont dangereux et qui pollue les chats avec leurs sois disant défis pour satisfaire leurs pulsion sexuelle et illégale

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Make better decisions when you ban people and look more into it, you always ban my favorite streamers over the stupidest things. They could say one cuss word and you will ban them. Twitch is supposed to be an entertainment platform for all ages and for us older people we are more entertained by someone close to our age, we can relate better and we can engage better but when your banning streamers we watch over the little things, like their adult humor, we tend to get annoyed with your platform. My idea is to make better decisions when you…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Twitch's complaints system is completely ineffective in dealing with DMCA violations.

It's part of Twitch's rules, that Twitch considers complaints against DMCA violations only from copyright holders. But how copyright holders could reach small channels, for 5-10 viewer? Of course they can't! And any day, any night i can see a dozens of active channels that broadcast movies and TV series without any rights to do so, grossly violating their user agreements with Twitch and DMCA, but i can't even report them for this.

If I want to complain about a violation of DMCA, I'm redirected to pages with lists…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. In light of features like shared ban info https://safety.twitch.tv/s/article/Safer-Together-Making-Twitch-Safer-with-Shared-Ban-Info , the suspicious user controls https://help.twitch.tv/s/article/suspicious-user-controls and users getting marked as suspicious (but not unmarked) as soon as a channel they are banned from raids another, I would like to request that you be more transparent about the effects of this terrible and poorly implemented "feature".
    When I saw the announcement about it at TwitchCon EU 2022 in Amsterdam last year, it was already immediately obvious to me, that these features, intended to curtail harassment, are more than likely a poor aid, and much more likely to be abused as a…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?