Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Safety

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Safety

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1129 results found

1. Dear All,
    I would like to raise the subject of negative behavior of some members of the Polish Twitch community and especially target Polish creators who intentionally make hurtful comments to other creators and then use the method of covering themselves with the words "it was about GTA RP for a joke". This is unfortunately a common phenomenon among some users of the platform and poses a serious threat to the positive atmosphere on Twitch.
    Attacks and insults to other users, especially in live public statements, are unacceptable. They should be condemned and a reason to block such a user.…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. The hacking and/or hijacking of accounts for malicious purposes has been a known and happened issue on Twitch and is apparently detrimental for the safety of all users, either with accounts hacked or affected by subsequent malicious activities such as fraud or hate spam.
    So, it would be good to have more active methods for users to report accounts that start to have suspicious activities, other than passively remind everyone to protect their own accounts.

Recently on a channel where I work as a moderator, there was a user who had been talking normally in the chat for several months…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Just wanted to bring attention to how many pre recorded scam streams are happening at "Pools, Hot Tubs & Beaches" IRL streams. I went through and saw 7 of the same exact stream across 7 different "Users" all have a scam link attached to the stream title and are all probably stolen and pre recorded streams. This leaves uninformed users vulnerable to falling for these traps.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I was not sure what category this fit into but my dilemma is this.
    For the specific games I and many others live stream there is a constant issue involving stream sniping even if you ban someone they can still watch your stream. The even bigger problem is that they can watch in a private or "incognito" tab/window and the username appears to be something like 324098635, A098371192, or x938649236x etc. I know this because me and my moderators tested this in my offline chat to see who was appearing under "Viewers in Chat" and we noticed this pattern.

My…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. A collective place to review and edit (potentially add new evidence), previously submitted reports.

Including, an identifier that marks if a report has been actioned - this would coincide with the emails that inform us if our report has been actioned.

Additionally, this could be used to submit

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Some creators are targeted for copyright take downs and disingenuous hate speech reports because they are standing up to abusive communities or hateful ideologies. Twitch should consider how its safety and copyright features can be used maliciously and do more to protect creators who are impacted disproportionately simply because racist or sexist groups don’t like them.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. At what point do you compare your own TOS and Conduct rules against what shows up on your main page of streamers? You let string bikinis, but some random thing gets reported by some troll and it's a ban. Then they wait months to get a human to respond as vague as possible because you don't want to be legally responsible for specificity. You created an 18+ option for a reason. Be consistent or let it go. You're tanking as a platform because of your inconsistency. Read the writing on the walls. Time to go back to basics, when your…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Just an idea that the person who is banned from a channel should be informed of who banned them from the channel (broadcaster or moderator of the channel) and the reason included (if a reason was given).

This shouldn't just be for the mods and broadcaster of the channel. This wouldn't be shown to those who aren't banned from the channel unless they're also banned from the same channel.

"<User 1>, <User 2>, etc. are banned from <channel name> by <broadcaster/mod's name> because of <applicable reasons>"

This would help the person understand why they're banned and if it was an…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. My suggestion: add a follower bot etc to our channel. have a quick action button in the publisher panel where, when fired, publishers can submit reports with a single click. Press this button from quick actions when the broadcaster is exposed to fake follower bots. With a single click, the twitch team will be notified. Twitch should delete those bots as soon as possible. No one should have any trouble with this. Because most people don't know what to do about it! I think it would be a very practical and beautiful solution.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Bots  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Hello, I have been a Twitch user for the past 5ish years. I am genuinely curious how some streamers are allowed to go AFK just about every single day for hours on end and just farm their chat. I didn't come to specifically report any single person but Amouranth is the most popular person I know getting away with this. She starts streaming then eventually makes up an excuse to get off camera and doesn't return for literal hours. Doing this she still brings in easily over 6,000 viewers each time. I am genuinely curious how people like her are…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Auto ban users with racist nickname by using a ban list like for the chat

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. updated 3/28/2022
    first posted 5/29/2021

Or promote them to Global Moderators because they are effectively doing your job for you.

For those who don’t know the difference:
    A Twitch Global Moderator is someone hired by Twitch to process your personal information and track your usage of the platform.
    A Channel Moderator is any random idiot chosen by any streamer to process your personal information and track your usage of the platform.

The difference is as follows:

The first represents Twitch and is legally required to be responsible with your private information (according to California’s Online Privacy Protection Act).

The second…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I dont understand why do you ban people who did not break terms of service? I can see girls streaming pools , hot tubs and beaches every day and its okay on twitch so why do you ban affiliate streamers who want to do the same? you literally destroy someone´s career just because of people who send fake reports and then streamer gets ban and has to wait for long time . i think this is not okay. why dont u ban someone when you know that they broke terms of service? this is not fair at all .

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. The current system for banning people who are underage is really really bad, it just takes you to type something like "im 12" or "im 12th" and you get insta banned in 2-3 minutes by a bot right after someone reports you, no staff checks it if its true or false. Maybe add a age verification system or something to prevent false bans. I appealed mine, sent proof of age and it took 1month to reject my appeal (I guess 19 is underage now). Nice job twitch.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Sometimes a new game gets released and its not listed under banned games even though it should definitely get banned from Twitch. There should be a way to suggest new games to get added to the list... Don't know why you don't have one already.. this is a gaming site...........

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Some of us understand fully the legal requirements to stream music, I myself having ran a successful online radio station for 10 years, understand paying for licensing, broadcasting, ect, ect. This license can include online play as well (myself being registered with SOCAN and paying yearly fees), this legally allows me to play copywritten music at will online, it adhere's to all DMCA guidelines and superceeds any copyright claim against my channel, and yet, twitch ignores this, refuses to put a place where we can supply the license number or facilitate any number of ways to alleviate this. This would…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  DMCA  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. A quick tool to add blurr to selected sections of a VOD. Currently we have to download the entire vod, edit in 3rd party software and then upload again.
    Unpublishing the video removes it from recent streams for viewers that missed it.

If we had an option to blue selected portions of the video in the editor that add security options to streamers.

I'm editing a 3 hour VOD just to blue out 30 seconds of a screen that shows my address...

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. i went through my video manager and alot of my audio was muted. When i went to go appeal it they were all at 6 min in and for songs that I've never heard of or used. I use a music site that is strictly no dcma, and puts the song and artist in the chat. Maybe instead of making us go through and make sure we didnt use the audio, you guys could check before muting us?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  DMCA  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I personally do not have a quarrel with people having subathon's, though I do hope that they make every effort to maintain a healthy schedule for sleeping, eating, self-care, etc. I do feel that it is potentially misleading to some and saying the stream will perceivably "last forever" (as long as people continue to donate/sub) but then during stream announcing when the streamer will cap/limit the subathon, thus contradicting bot announcements and stream titles lacking or having omitted the now annouced limit to the stream. if people continue to donate or sub in effort to continue the streams timer, but…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I think it is time to deny API access to all unverified bots/extensions. Malicious users are creating bots that are using the API to target streamers when they go live by hate raiding, follow botting, and now spamming other channels with malicious stream advertising messages in an attempt to get their targets banned.

All of this goes away by requiring bots and extensions seeking to be added to the platform go through a review process.

If Twitch doesn't have the resources to properly staff such an effort, crowdsource the review process.

Something must be done, doing nothing is no longer…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bots  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?