Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Safety

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Safety

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1130 results found

1. Some kind of tool in Settings to let stream viewers automatically block (better still, automatically report as well) these occasional "anonymous Whisper senders" who send out their tiny url links to their OnlyFans websites.
    I don't come to Twitch looking for *, and I'm sure none of us want these random whispers that somehow still circumvent the Block strangers setting from sending us whispers.
    Does Twitch actually allow people to anonymously send these "
    * advertising whispers", or are they breahing Twitch ToS/EULA ?
    Myself and others I know are tired of seeing these things randomly pop up.
    Is…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Its really sad that Twitch is not doing anything against OF streamers breaking their guidelines. And then they are also banning people who are not even clearly breaking the guidelines in 4-10 mins. What twitch is saying with this: "yea we only care for the money".

Would really appreciate it if yall would give a statement on that (USA/DE) because lots of people are wondering why Twitch is acting in certain ways over the past 2 years!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. An account that has been indefinitely suspended from Twitch has most likely committed a serious violation of Twitch's policies.
    However, the suspended account creates another account and broadcasts, or the suspended account's audio and video are still broadcast on other streamers' channels.
    Recently, there was a case where a suspended streamer purchased Twitch Con tickets with a different account and entered without permission, resulting in his colleagues being suspended for supporting “Suspension Evasion”
    Currently, many streamers are violating the "Suspension Evasion" policy.
    The “Suspension Evasion” policy needs to be updated in detail.
    This policy affects credibility, so sanctions should be…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. As the simulcast policy has changed since the last TwitchCon, please add "simulcast violation" to the list for efficient reporting.
    Even when the policy was changed after August last year, many affiliate/partner streamers continued to simulcast in violation of the contract.
    Even when all streamers were banned from simulcasting after last June, many streamers continued simulcasting without prior permission or in violation of their affiliate/partner agreements.
    To date, there have been no cases of streamers being sanctioned for simulcasting.
    So it seems that many streamers are abusing the policy and simulcasting.
    Even now, many streamers are simulcasting in violation of…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. As the number of streamers who conduct simulcasting (multi streams) without prior permission or in violation of affiliate/partner agreements increases,
    Add “Simulcast Violation” to the list for efficient reporting.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. i reported a streamer for telling me to "kill yourself" live on stream, it has been at least three months, I've heard nothing back, no tickets were given for my report, there were no way for me to follow it up, nothing was done against the streamer, when i send email to the customer support, they told me to use proper channel for submitting a report, even though i explicitly stated that i had reported the channel and nothing was done.

twitch is not a safe place, the streamer can just tell you to off yourself in front of hundreds…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Many streamers display videos on screen in violation of copyright.
    (movies, animations, tv programs, etc.)
    However, the copyright holder does not know this.
    Allow viewers to report copyright infringements.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. This has been going on for years, yet for some reason Twitch cant seem to block these phrases from being used to harass VETERANS who are just enjoying their time on twitch. They literally block words like GTFO which is a game on steam and many other phrases that can be used to target other people, races and genders yet something like this gets through? What if a person killed them self because of this harassment? Would twitch do something then or would they be held liable along with the person that's harassing the veteran? Much like the girl who…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Hello! I noticed that on Twitch, there are no backup codes that, in my opinion, should exist as an alternative means of access in case you lose your phone number and don't have the Authenticator app. This would solve many technical issues that may arise.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. This week i got follow botted - 170 bots on my channel. I took them all off but it took me a little bit to go through everything. Wish there was a fail-safe - unless someone is gifting subscriptions, no followers should be able to be purchased and put on someones account. This would also make it so creators cant buy followers that are fake. makes your ratings go down when you have a large number of followers but no one watching/ interacting and is not good for the channel

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Interest  ·  0 comments  ·  Bots  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Game skin gambling was added to the guidelines a while ago.
    Skin gambling on all games, including RUST, as well as CSGO should be banned.
    Guidelines need to be updated.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. As twitch terms and conditions changed in June, all streamers cannot do Simulcasting (multistream). However, not only revenue-generating streamers, but also many streamers are Simulcasting (multistream) without prior permission from Twitch.
    Why aren't streamers who are simulcasting (multistream) in violation of the terms and conditions punished?
    We ask that streamers who are generating revenue be immediately terminated and temporarily suspended for violating the terms and conditions.
    Also, please add Simulcasting (multistream) to your reporting categories.
    Change the terms again to allow Simulcasting (multistream) only for regular streamers and prohibit Simulcasting (multistream) for monetized streamers.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. When whisper scambots [click link to lose steam credentials] are reported and confirmed to be scambots, twitch should contact the link site registrar and report abuse to stop new bot accounts continuing to spam that site.
    Also whispers should have reported & confirmed links filtered so the whisper isn't delivered.
    Twitch should also report to google.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Interest  ·  0 comments  ·  Bots  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Quite simple. Proper moderation of content and people that allegedly Break ToS i.e. by breaking laws in a multitude of countries. why are some channels that are spitting hatred against people of a particular skincolor, Religion, nationality etc. not removed from this Platform, even after years and multiple complains etc.
    Inciting violence is not free speach but a crime in most countries.

And offering a proper contact form like idk any other company? Cant be that hard can it?
    Oh and why would i need an account to contact, suggest something or complain? Hope one day yall get the consequences…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. The issue I have is the constant misuse of the Terms of Services that Twitch uses for channels. I have been seeing favoritism in constant suspensions and de-suspensions of this user for quite some time. Constantly this user has disregarded the ToS of Twitch time and time again. 7 Bans are made public but merely they are short lived suspensions.

This does not bode well showcasing the truth/integrity/honesty of the services Twitch provides. In fact, it is quite harrowing how some users have leeway more than others. The more successful they are. The richer they are. The more apparent the…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Users need to know when Mods have reported them, banned them (even by accident) or placed them on Shared ban info lists to be able to contests them and fight against abusive mods.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. There should be an appeal system when it comes to emotes getting rejected.

There has been multiple times where I paid to get an emote created, and made sure beforehand that it wasn't going against the guidelines. Yet they give a general reason, but it doesn't align. Allowing one person's perception to be the only answer isn't right.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Stop allowing all these channel bots to be created by users. They offer no viewer count and do nothing for channel growth. Its bad enough you can get banned for using follower and viewer bot services but these bots never get banned for being A BOT.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bots  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Unregulated CSGO gambling. I don't think unregulated gambling should be allowed on twitch and neither should affiliated gambling. Affiliated gambling codes gives creators a small percentage of what their viewers loose on the gambling website to the creator as a reward for their viewers signing up and loosing money. A lot of streamers don't even use their own money on these websites when gambling live on stream, instead the website loads their account with money and lets them gamble with no finical risk, but at the same time these streamers are telling viewers to use these unregulated gambling website and…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Blocking channel point redeems from being used during active Shield Mode, so bot raids cannot use channel point redeems to spam.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?