Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Safety

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Safety

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1130 results found

1. Honestly if you have a thriving community and get suspended you can't interact with anyone at all. You are yanked out from your freinds and no real way to communitate unless you have other platforms. This can be very damaging and can be dangerous for the individual. The process of appeal or the way suspentions are given give you no feedback or redemption literlaly removing the individuals freedom of speach. Putting everything in the hand of an automated system that plays with peoples life work and hobbies. Honestly I suggest a more humane system that allows a period of time…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. To Whom it May Concern at Twitch and whoever else decides to read this,

While I am not someone who streams on Twitch, though have considered it, and who rarely finds myself watching streams, I still had been rather excited for the recent, now declared null, update to the TOS/Policy on Sexual Content.

I am not someone who participates all that often in adult content, but I do believe that it should be able to exist in adult spaces for those who do wish to participate. The internet has become a hostile places for those who wish to see or…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I noticed a lot of hate raids will flag / report a channel rapidly to get it taken down; and it had me thinking about Steam Review Bombing.

I was wondering if a possible fix might be that if a channel gets an exceptional amount of flags / reports in a short period of time that those reports are thrown out or logged as possible hate raid? Might allow your automated systems to avoid banning streamers in these situations while not removing the ability to still report content.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Make a Twitch website that's 18+ only, possibly with more lax moderation and rules.
    One that's similar to twitch, but it's 18+ and it's a separate website. It's unlikely that there would be any monetary loss, long term. Quite the opposite actually.
    Twitch is already considered somewhat of a shady **** site, so it would have no bearing on their reputation.
    The only difference would be that the 18+ content would get its own twitch website and would thus be separated from the regular content and make the main Twitch website predominantly for gaming again.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Why is twerking allowed without a label, despite being potentially seen as sexual, while nudity, a natural act, results in legal consequences?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Your "Safety" policy prohibits "realistically doctored nudity" without any explanation or examples of what that even means. I suggest updating the policy to provide clarity on that.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Strange nudity isn't allowed on your platform, but there are constant nude streamers, and every time I try to report, there's a ******* internal error, like get your worthless **** together retards.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Can we have a separate version on just chatting for sexualy explicit content, whenever viewing the just chatting tab it's nothing but sexually explicit things. Now that it is explicitly allowed by Twitch, why not make it it's own category so just chatting can actually just be chatting.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Please require an account to view a stream. Banned users are just logging out to view streams now. And please bring back removing banned followers from your list, please! I don’t know why you got rid of this feature but bring it back.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Today's update to the policies are understandable but the solution provided is very disappointing. I am a sex-positive streamer who educates and discusses sex and kink in a no-shame, queer-focused way. I am not streaming nude or playing games with excessive nudity. However, I do use the "Sexual Themes" tag because I want viewers to be aware that those topics of conversation can and do arise. With this new policy, I'm now penalized for being sex-positive by being ineligible for the home page.

It has been previously recommended that blurred or hidden thumbnails be shown with those categories, which feels…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Allowing users to complete the Affiliate Application by using their Paypal or another method that doesn't include sharing their SSN would be a major step privacy wise.

If someone's SSN gets stolen, it can ruin them financially for years to come or even for life. This is why we are told never to share that number. Having a work around where we can file the taxes ourselves without having to give out our SSN to Twitch or Amazon would be beneficial to all involved and would help reduce the chances of people getting their SSN stolen.

Posting this in safety…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. It would be great to have a feature to hide the chat and/or the entire stream for everyone who isn't logged in.

Recently, one of my viewers received screenshots of their conversation in my chat from someone who is already banned. Having a feature that hides the entire chat, or even the entire stream, If possible, would be great! It will help alot with the safety of the streamers and for the safety of the viewers

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. On 5.12.2023, a follower bot was sent to my account while I was broadcasting. Accounts that have previously been botted should not be able to access my account.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bots  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. A follower bot was sent to my channel a few days ago. Can you please help with this?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bots  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. In my 13 years of being on the website I can only recall a few times I've used the whisper function, majority of which were people contacting me [as a moderator] for an unban. The hundreds, possibly thousands of other times were merely bots using the feature to spam links which I can only assume are all malicious.
    Now I don't have any data on how useful the whisper function is for actual people but I would take a guess and say 80-90% of all whisper messages are likely spam/bots. I would just like to propose the removal of the…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bots  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Hi,

Yesterday there was a great event hosted on The Nerd Council channel featuring different black streamers in the UK, celebrating Black Brilliance. I found out via email and it is so appreciated that I was notified. However, this was only notified on the day of the event. This has caused a lot of disparaging messages from those unaware and it made the chat very tough to engage in.

May I suggest that we can try to get notifications on these events prior the day, as this can help lower the issue of hate messages, so it can provide for…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. We need something where if we ban someone they can't create another account incase the person is going to harass streamers for a reason because a friend of my just got harassed on her stream earlier today she banned him & he created another account this needs to be added ASAP.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I suggest allowing third-party applications to show merged chat during streams. Showing all chats from various streaming services will increase inclusion as then all viewers can chat with each other as well and not be left out of conversations without having to leave Twitch to go to another streaming platform. By not allowing the ability to merge chats through third-party services it decreases inclusiveness.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Please allow the editing of a reason for a channel ban.
    Specifically, allow the editing of the reason text of a channel ban, without unbanning the user in question first. It is important that the user stays banned during this process, and that the timestamp of when the user was initially banned is preserved.
    I am someone who likes to tell users why they have been banned, often in great detail, so that they may easily see the error of their ways and show remorse for their actions before submitting an unban request. However, it is a regular occurrence, that…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Please extend the possible maximum length for the reason text of a channel ban.
    Currently, the maximum length the reason text of a ban can have is limited by the length of a chat message (500 characters), and can be calculated as follows: 500-6-<length of username>
    It is possible to ban people through an API integration, but I have not explored its limitations. This is typically not how you ban a user from a channel.
    I have recently banned someone, and I ran out of space listing all the reasons for which to ban them. I really want them to…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?