Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Safety

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Safety

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. a viewer that me and my partner in streaming (Ryuu101) share has multiple accounts, more than 13 and they keep on being toxic, and no matter how many times we ban or time them out they keep coming back. it isn't an issue with me, but they are stressing Ryuu101 out, and i don't like seeing people doing this kind of stuff to other people so something needs to be done, or at least a professional can tell her what she needs to do. they go by many names, but the main two are randomidiot, and Fo1x123452. the fox account…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. With recent changes to the Twitch channel interface on desktop browser, not only is chat hidden by default when opening the channel, but users can be stuck having chat hidden with no way to get it back easily.

If the user changes their window dimensions in such a way as to prompt Twitch to hide chat, they cannot bring it back without first stretching the window to be wide enough that Twitch deigns to display the "Expand" control at the edge of the page to unhide chat.

With recent changes, this control may not be accessible on windows displayed on…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. In an effort to make trolling more difficult, require 2 Factor Authentication to chat in streams. People can make fake phone numbers to tie emails to, but it would be difficult to constantly have to create both to tie together. Twitch users are supposed to be 13 years of age or older anyway and every teenager or older out there interacting on Twitch have cell phones. This would help provide better security and prevent bot spam and provide a safer experience for the streamer because of how difficult it would be to just create a brand new account after being…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Chat Verification  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. The ToS says that you can't endanger yourself or break the law or consume illicit drugs, as marijuana has become legal in many states and legal medically in many more it seems obvious that accounts promoting safe consumption, creation, and general education about marijuana should be allowed and appreciated as opposed to banned as if they were promoting illegal behavior. There is a lot of this content on youtube already and it could exist here on twitch in a live format that would allow people to ask questions and actually get a response in real time.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Community Guidelines  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Wenn ich in der Modansicht bin wäre es sehr hilfreich das man ein separates Chat-Fenster öffnen könnte so das ich auf dem Hauptbildschirm einen Stream auf Vollbild habe und auf einem zweiten Bildschirm den Chat offen habe.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mod View  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. ich fände es sehr gut wenn man leute die nur am trollen sind komplett bannen könnte... so das sie überhauptnicht mehr auf den stream zugreifen können

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Bot's and fake viewer's/People in My Live Stream it needs to stop I am very sick of it for when I see 1 or 2 viewer's I will be so fast to say this" Hi to my 1 or 2 or how ever many (ect). Plus I will also say and always ask" How are you and How is your lovey day going today." (The reason I am very mad about this that when I say and ask my viewer's IN MY STREAM NOTHING IS SAID OR ANYTHING BECAUSE IN MY LIVE STREAM BIO I HAVE IT WHERE IT SAYS…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Game directories, e.g. https://www.twitch.tv/directory/game/VALORANT on the website should not include channels that you blocked. This already works on mobile but not on the website.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. While I recognize that there are already guidelines against harmful/illegal uses of substances on camera, I have come across multiple channels whereas this is exactly what was going on. While I do not make it a job to report each channel I come across that does this, I have recently reported one, solely because there was a **** that was purposely laced on camera. The channel points were titled "joints", the stream time was "wake and bake" and she was clearly getting high on stream (that was not even set to "mature", so any minor could easily jump onto this…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Community Guidelines  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Timeline so can go back to other parts of stream to clip if missed it

Regards,
    System_Pwned

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mod View  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Que al reportar agreguen una seccion para poder denunciar estos casos, ya que en muchas ocasiones puede llegar a ser verdaderamente molesto

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Report Tool and Flow  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Mods cannot timeout/ban each other, so showing the mod actions view adds an unnecessary step when I want to access the simple user actions box. (this intermediary view could be retained for broadcasters, however, in the rare event where the streamer would like to apply a moderation action to a mod)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. add that accounts need to be with a certain time of creation decided for the same channel, time can vary from no time to days, weeks, or months if intended.
    when the account surpasses this creation time, ti will be able to speak in your channel

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Chat Verification  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. It would be nice in the new mod view to be able to search through the comments posted in chat by username. Best I could compare it to would be like cbenni, where you could type in someone's name and it would bring up their messages. This would be handy that rather than scrolling through chat, say for example if someone comments about someone else's message that they think is against the rules or starts a fight, you can quickly find it through a search.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Instead allow mods to ban for 24hours
    Only the broadcaster can permanently ban users

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Enforcement Types  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. A system where trolls / generally harmful viewers get negative karma when they are timeout, kicked or banned from channels. And some positive karma gaining system for viewers who follow guidelines. And then something for streamers to limit bad karma accounts harassing them. IMO could be very useful. Thoughts?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Currently, the mod view of a user exposes bans and timeouts specific to the channel. Expose bans and timeouts across all of Twitch.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. A lot of the time I'm chasing a name around a moving chat trying to right click it for the Purge/Ban interface. It would be way easier if I could see a message that needs to be purged that warrants a ban and just right click the message itself to get that popup interface.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. These 4 been following and unfollowing me MANY TIMES and I am tired of it. Twitch needs to make a way to keep any users from following you. I know for a fact these 4 usernames are the same person. I have proof and I have emails they been following and unfollowing me at same time.

Kirilfrolov847
    MKVTeam
    ChitusNG
    Chitus7

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Right now on the twitch app, you can tap someone’s name for the ban and timeout options to show up. However, when using timeout, it defaults to 10 minutes. Please add options to the timeout feature on the mobile app that allow mods to choose between different set times for a timeout. Such as: 1 second(purge), 1 hour, 1 day, ect. My biggest wish is to just being able to purge someone’s messages from stream when I need to mod from mobile. If more timeout options can’t be added, then at least add a ‘Purge’ option to the app that…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?