Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Safety

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Safety

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Ignoring users can be very useful to remove negativity from your chat experience. Right now, it is not possible in chats you moderate. Surely it is your task to see negative things and remove them, but sometimes there are people, who are not an issue for chat in general, but for you personally. It would be great to have a switch or command (e.g. /fullignore) to remove these users from your chatting experience once and for all. This could then also remove them from being listed as recommended stream and similar situations.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Instead allow mods to ban for 24hours
    Only the broadcaster can permanently ban users

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. A system where trolls / generally harmful viewers get negative karma when they are timeout, kicked or banned from channels. And some positive karma gaining system for viewers who follow guidelines. And then something for streamers to limit bad karma accounts harassing them. IMO could be very useful. Thoughts?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. The Account Enforcements page states, "For the most serious offenses, we will immediately and indefinitely suspend your account with no opportunity to appeal." Yet, some users get suspended from Twitch seemingly indefinitely but somehow get their suspensions lifted. Such users need to be kept off Twitch for good, especially if they've been suspended multiple times in a short time frame.

For example, a user named DomDude64 has been suspended twice from Twitch within less than a month (9/25/2021 and 10/19/2021), but according to witness testimony, both times were supposedly permanent, and yet he successfully appeal both suspensions. His record of…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Enforcement Types  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. It can be rather unintuitive to post links as evidence in user reports, as they're not parsed and can easily be overlooked. Therefore, to reinforce user reports more effectively, I suggest that Twitch upload files as attachments therein, such as pictures and video files.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. When a streamer is suspended, screenshots should be included of the violation. Streamers are bound to repeat the issue if the issue is not made clear.

Multiple staff members should see the reports before a ban is decided upon. These moderators would work separately, without the influence of one another, to decide if the ban should occur or not. If both moderators do not hit 'yes' to the ban then the ban should not occur.

An example, my latest ban happened while a Twitch Staff member was in my chat. This member did not see anything against TOS and was…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. The community guidelines prohibit spam, one of the categories of which being posting large amounts of repetitive, unwanted messages or user reports, such as this:https://twitter.com/DomGang420/status/1441270323429576709/photo/1

However, I have yet to see any users be punished for doing this, and I understand that a lot of users have been clamoring for ways to deal with it for a while now. Adding on to all of the ideas put forth so far, I would ask that Twitch deals with users who continue to spam in chat better than it apparently deals with them now.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Similar to the idea of denying incoming raids - once it is determined that the raid is malicious, the mods/streamer can ban/remove all raid members with one click. (+Are you sure you want to ban all raid members for raidname)

Issues with this: 1. they will just privately join the channel in raid-like fashion.
    2. rare chance of getting 2 raids at once, one from a 'friend' and another 'malicious' and banning friendly viewers.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Safety Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. How is that Twitch is silent about leak? You should be first to inform your customers that there is one.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. The new Chat Verification function is really great, but i want to ask a similar thing for follows. Then the community can say goodbye for the follow bot attacks.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Chat Verification  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. "Hateful conduct is any content or activity that promotes or encourages discrimination, denigration, harassment, or violence based on the following protected characteristics: race, ethnicity, color, caste, national origin, immigration status, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, serious medical condition, and veteran status." - Twitch Community Guidelines (As of 30 September 2021)

By that metric, global emotes such as "TriHard" and "cmonBruh" should be removed as they primarily serve to spread anti-black racism throughout the community. Any honest twitch user can attest to this. I see no reasonable excuse for keeping them.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Community Guidelines  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. I was going through my blocked users list and users that have been banned still have profile pictures. not a big deal except their profile pictures are of genitals or grotesque.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Might want to um... Look into that.. Because I am getting the "Your message wasn't posted due to conflicts with the channel's moderation settings."

Soo.. YEAH! Night... I guess that is somehow.. A bad word.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Automod  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey there!

Night is definitely a peculiar word to get caught by automod. If possible can you please send the phrase/sentence that caught so we can investigate this further please?

14. Please make a chat filter which allows you to ban users with brand new accounts or accounts that are X days/hours/weeks old (give the streamer a choice.) It will prevent people from harassing streamers who just make new accounts after they've been banned and continue to harass.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. There is already a suggestion to ban the word r*tard. I'd like to expand on that suggestion, however. Thinking objectively, there are many words and phrases that are technically against TOS for the same reason, yet they are still commonly used.

I am NOT insisting that all these words and phrases be barred from use. I am saying their regulation should be considered. Either that or their use should be explicitly permitted in TOS. The current situation does nothing to protect the streamers who could, at Twitch's discretion, be punished for using these words and it does nothing to protect…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Automod  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. There's no clear way to report an offensive twitch team name

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Report Tool and Flow  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. If someone is banned from a channel (not blocked) they should not be able to follow the channel. This should help limit the amount of bot spam and harassment attacks by making bad actors not be able trigger alerts or flood channels with follow bots.

Another option would be to have an option to block banned channels automatically and having ban apeals as a separate form rather than just messaging the channel.

It is beyond frustrating to get 20+ bots follow you in half an hour each with a simular name, some with blantant slurs.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Hi,

I had today a bug that my text wasn't allowed due "Your message wasn't posted due to conflicts with the channel's moderation settings."
    The mods and streamer didn't saw my message, even in the chat with a mod my text was blocked ... (also not in there mod messages)

My two texts that were blocked are:

• du willst ja Freitag vieleicht ein IRL Stream machen, Alina sagte gerade dass Bobi sein Kleidprobetag am Freitag wäre matta9Silly

• wenn du für Alina was malst, würde ich nicht das Buschi mit dem Herz machen, da sie schon von jemanden diese Zeichnung bekam…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Automod  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. why can people make accounts like this? there is someone making tons of variants on "fat_streamer" to harass people. prevent this from happening.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. "Under attack mode" to get rid of all bots.

Twitch should introduce an "under attack mode" similar to the one in Cloudflare that many sites use. If you are exposed to an attack by bots, you switch on the attack mode and everyone who then tries to reach the site must first solve a captcha (in twitch cases, everyone who wants to write in the chat). Then all bots will be filtered out.
    When the attack is gone, which is usually 20min-30min, this mode is turned off and everything is as usual again.

This is better than having your stream…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?