Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Safety

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Safety

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

329 results found

1. In your email you state

"For your stream archives (VODs and Clips), right now your only options, if you think they contain unauthorized music, is to either go through them one by one, or, for Clips, use the “delete all” tool we’ve provided."

This is utter ********.

When a streamer is alleged to have violated anything, that allegation should clearly refer to the video that violates, along with timestamps of the time ranges that violate.

Then, the infringing content can be taken down if it is deemed to violate DMCA.

You cannot expect that a streamer should pre-emptively go one…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  DMCA  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. More details are SPECIFICALLY needed for NO COPYRIGHT SOUNDTRACKS / sounds during streams. A lot of my personal archives and streams get flagged when using songs that have been listed on sources as COPYRIGHT FREE and still get flagged. The same goes for MULTIPLE other channels and something needs to be outlined for this proccess because somewhere, someone is doing something wrong.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  DMCA  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Mod command to introduce a deliberate EXT-X-DISCONTINUITY into the live m3u playlist and remove the last eg five minutes from a live VOD from public view. Saves having to delete entire VOD if something goes wrong - particularly for IRL outdoor streamers who have much less control over their environment!

Minutes as an optional parameter with 5m default? Command privs for streamer, mods and video producers?

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Paying for music license so then copyright is not infringed allows users to be able to livestream and clip videos without being copyright claimed and potentially loosing their place on the platform. During these times twitch and other streaming sites are a life line to musicians

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. If a song is part of the game, it should not be muted. If you're going to insist to have the stupid DMCA filters in place in the first place at least have them set to recognize songs that are in various games so I don't have parts of my stream muted for songs that the game comes with.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Interest  ·  2 comments  ·  DMCA  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Protect streamers from false copyright claims. We don't want this to become like Youtube where anyone can just claim your content without any repercussions.

There are hundreds of fake accounts stealing music from video games and voicing rap over it, posting it as original content and then claiming the original video game music as their own whenever it is played on a stream.

Countering it takes entering your full name and address. No way anybody is gonna appeal those muted vods or copyright claims by submitting that info.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. a fully resolved audio appeal has still "appeal audio/selected" option, with no selections, code logic bug, and the video has muted audio

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  DMCA  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I have two ideas that I think should be considered:

1. Have a way for streamers to contact Twitch regarding incorrectly identified content.

2. For Twitch to follow-up and determine whether there is incorrect information in their content checking system.

I regularly get muted audio and an indicator that I have copyrighted music in my audio loop of my stream; however, all of my audio is from the YouTube Audio Library which has already been verified as CC0 by YouTube, and it's freely usable on YouTube or other platforms.

So, there is no reason that these songs should be getting flagged on…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. This makes 0 sense. You have no problem banning people for inappropriate content or things you disagree with, yet when DMCA comes down on you, it's up to us as content creators to protect ourselves?

You don't get to regulate a platform, and then things get tough, decide you don't want the responsibility anymore. Either ban content AND protect creators yourselves from the DMCA strikes, or do neither. Doing both shows you're just a bunch of greedy pieces of crap who really don't care about your creators. I know your a company and your main thing is to make money…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I think if Twitch is going to be taking copyright more seriously moving forward, then they need to include video games in that as well. As it stands, there are many streamers, both partnered and otherwise, profiting off someone else's work without their explicit permission or sponsorship. I know this is an unpopular opinion, but video games should require permission/sponsorship to broadcast just like any other copyrighted material.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. A PRS license would allow copyright holders to get a piece of revenue from it, that sounds fair?

Could we stream copyrighted music if that happened?

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. he puesto musica sin copyright y aveces me la silenciaba twitch, por miedo mis stream ahora soin aburridos simn musica

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Amazon, which owns Twitch, has their own music service. IIRC there is also an extension that allows Amazon Prime Members to share their currently playing Amazon Music lists with other Amazon Prime members. What would the feasibility of allowing Amazon Music Prime members to share their currently playing lists with everyone like the Watch Parties?

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Separate in-game audio, streamer voice, and music into different audio channels. Viewers that link their music service (as long as they have an active subscription) of choice to their Twitch account can have access to listen to the streamer's music audio channel. Those without a verified link to a music streaming service they subscribe to would be limited to only in-game audio, streamer voice, and copyright free music. You could use it to promote Amazon Music, and also partner with other music streaming services.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. The games I stream (Fallout 4/Fallout 76) have in-game radio stations, and these seem to be getting flagged; I imagine Bioshock and Grand Theft Auto would face the same problem. Can we have some clarification on how music that comes in a game is being handled? I don't have external music in any of my streams (unless I'm singing along with the in-game radio).

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. A notification on the dashboard when we get a DMCA, in case the email gets caught in a filter, goes to an old account, or doesn't reach us for some other reason.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. If we're going to get muted sections due to copyrighted music, at least allow us to upload a revised audio clip for the muted segment. Give the streamer the opportunity to, for example, upload a voiceover to convey what the viewer is missing in the muted section, narrating the gameplay, etc. This revised segment can go through an approval process with Twitch to ensure the voiceover doesn't further violate copyright if need be.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Creators who pay for music streaming services like spotify, pandora, apple music ect. should be allowed to play music from those platforms on stream. They pay to use a service that allows them to listen to music uninterrupted, and artists and labels get paid for the streams played. It makes sense. Partnering with a music streaming service could be beneficial for twitch as well. Limiting creator's choices in the content they're allowed to use, and punishing them for something they may already pay for isn't right. Please excuse me if i seem ignorant. but it doesn't make sense to me.…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Please help us with showing that we are fully complaint and legally allowed to play music on-line or live. I am a professional DJ and Virtual DJ helps make sure we are legally compliant. There is no reason my videos should be muted... Ever.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. When watching a vod, which I do plenty. It can be annoying to try and scroll through the small time slider to reach the end of a break where music has caused copyright and the vod is muted. A prompt saying would you like to skip to when the vod is no longer muted would be very helpful.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?