Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Safety

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Safety

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

329 results found

1. During the current situation of the pandemic removing DJs from crucial entertainment venues, more DJs have turned to Twitch to help with their financial crisis while most clubs and bars are closed, as well as keeping their performing art fresh.

While DMCA is still putting a tight grip on recorded music on stream, and DJs are currently doing everything they can to prevent full tracks being played during their sets, will DJing on Twitch still become accessible during this time? Also, what is the policy for music mixed and cut up on the fly?

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  DMCA  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Do I need to explain this? Do I EVEN need to explain this?

If Twitch Partners are going to abuse DMCA, then there should be some SERIOUS punishment for it. Revoke their Partnerships for anyone who blatantly abuses it and, should the case be a severe one, disallow them from re-achieving Partnership status for a length of time or even permanently (with Affiliation being either harder to attain or also permanently disallowed; again, depends on the severity of the case).

Hold the people at the top accountable. Do not let them abuse the system because it hurts people on the…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  DMCA  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I got a muted section of video recently due to music Fallout 76 creates all by itself, legally in game. How can I defend against that! If I stream my favorite game and someone has the in game radio on, Twitch algorithms will think its DMCA strike time and if this happens one or two more times I will lose my account. Again all for in game music! I am terrified of losing my beloved twitch account, I have come to truly love it here. I am a cyber refugee of the Great Mixer Debacle and don't always know what…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. A notification in the Creator Dashboard of how many strikes you have, any strikes you receive, and the ability to handle said strike.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Months ago, I filed for an appeal on another twitch channel I run and I never got a response. There’s no way for me to contact about being updated. Also, when filing the appeal, there was no way for me to attach proof that I had permission from the artist to use their song. So, attachments when filing an appeal needs to be a thing. And again, I never heard back so that part of the one video is still muted despite appeal being filed months ago and having the artist’s permission in writing

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  DMCA  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. DEAR READER(S),

There needs to be an extension in the amount of time content creators are allowed to fix or remove disputed content.

BANNING AN ACCOUNT out right is uncalled for considering other rightfully banned accounts that are intentionally uploading and maintaining disputed content without multiple warnings and flags in place as well as assistance to edit and/or remove content.

1. MORE WARNING FLAGS FOR CREATORS

2. LONGER DURATION TO RECOVER/REMOVE CONTENT

3. IMMEDIATE NOTIFICATION TO FOLLOWERS/SUBS FOR AN ACCOUNT'S REMOVAL

Admin Edit: Please avoid requests for suspension appeals for specific users

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I've decided to go on a bit of a rant regarding the current DMCA-system in place. While it's a stretch to call it constructive, seeing as I can't offer a viable second option, I still feel a need to express my opinion on this.

The current system you have in place is pure destruction for the platform. Not allowing streamers to stream the music they want is a change I find it hard to accept. And I don't even stream myself. If I was considering it, I definitely won't with the current situation.

There has to be some workaround on…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I would love for there to be a place full of approved music. Like with YouTube, have a page, tab, or something with music that wont get copyright stuck. Especially since even some game music can get strikes. I don't want to get in trouble and I only recently learned that you can't play everyday music. It would be awesome if you would compile a list of music for people to be able to play without getting in trouble. Please and Thank You

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Stop muting licensed audio! If you persist on doing this, at least let people save their appeal form to paste in every time you mute licensed audio! Also, does it really take a MONTH to do an appeal of licensed audio? Can't we just show our license and move? Also, once you clear a track, can't you carry that over so you don't re-mute the next video? This is crazy, and not what the DMCA intended!

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. It strikes (pun not intended) me that there should be a way to provision a means to report plays/performances (and recordings via VODs) of third party music on stream for the purposes of avoiding DMCA strikes.

Streamers who are already in the music industry are highly likely to be affiliated with one or more reporting agencies in their regions, and most such agencies collect fees on behalf of overseas partners. In this day and age of service integration and automation, it seems logical that there should be a means to compile a post-stream report for an affiliated agency and submit…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I just got my VOD muted...for using Twitch Soundtrack. Two separate songs were marked as unlicensed. This is ridiculous, and needs to be changed. How can Twitch promote Twitch Soundtrack as 'the solution' for DMCA takedowns and as a Spotify alternative, if it's causing the exact same issues as any other music platform?

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Twitch is completely broken when it comes to copyright. We already know this with the DMCA issues users have been having, playing in game music designed for the game and still getting a strike. But there's a complete other end of the spectrum... Full length movies, TV show marathons, UFC events, WWE Pay-Per-Views.

As viewers we don't have any way of reporting this stuff to Twitch, if we try to report a channel for using copywritten content Twitch then asks us if we are the copyright holder and we should submit our own DMCA claims. Problem being we're not the…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  DMCA  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Hey Twitch i have a question for you. Since DMCA as taken advantage like others and including myself that uses Twitch Soundtrack. Should Twitch add a feature where broadcasters can sign up for music license to play that music on the stream. I think this great idea for Twitch! Thanks being platform throughout my two years streaming!
    Twitch Affliate,
    NoahTheGamer808tv

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Twitch should find a way to reimburse or provide recompense for the unfair and extremely short timeframe to deal with their VODs. Many streamers lost years of content because they simply didn't have time to download and archive their VODs, which is absolutely unacceptable in this industry. Twitch has acknowledged that they screwed up, so let's hear them state what their plans are for making it right to those negatively affected.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. All Star Wars Music technically Falls under Fair use, so as long as it is being used for something Star Wars. Star Wars music shouldn't be getting flagged there's over 50-100 different Star Wars Video games...

Your rules are stupid, you aren't protecting anybody but the user themselves, it would have been easier for you to right a EULA, that explains that Twitch isn't responsible and that the video creator holds full accountability, instead of making this dumb system you guys made, where videos get muted, while playing games they were meant to be played in.....

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I had a stream of myself playing piano auto-muted due to an erroneous copyright issue. I was performing Mozart's Sonata in C Major and Mozart's Fantasia in D Minor, and the copyright conflict was for other artists' rightfully copyrighted performances, not for the piece in question that I was performing.

I'm betting that the auto-mute algorithm could be smart enough to know when somebody is performing a piece vs playing from a recording.

Until this is fixed, this feature will disproportionately affect musicians using Twitch to perform works that are in the public domain.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. So when I am streaming music from and channel titled... wait for it... NOCOPYRIGHTSOUNDS, why the **** does every single one of my streams have at least 4 muted segments???

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I see a lot of affiliated and partnered streamers using characters from licensed works without permission as their emotes. Emotes should be regulated the same way as anything else – if you don't have permission from the original creator, you can't use it.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Brought music clips with license and still get claims. How can that be and why does it not know?

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. How about making a tool where we're able to link a music streaming platform (Pandora, spotify, SoundCloud) to our twitch.

Maybe you guys can find a license agreement where by having a paid account with the music platform and linking the two, we might be allowed to play music on stream. Maybe with a volume limit.

Perhaps a tool where we can play music from that does not get recorded on the VOD or clips. Kinda like a 2 track system where 1 is left out of the final mix.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?