Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Safety

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Safety

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. It would be very cool to be able to customize the color of the mod badge in a certain channel to match sub badges, additional badges, username color, etc. The default green sword doesn't always look that nice and chat would still see the sword icon.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I mod for a stream with 2k+ chatters and we often have several mods in at one time. Unfortunately we've had some issues with the ban icon that shows up next to usernames in the chat. When two mods hit the ban icon at nearly the same time, the first bans, but the second mod who hits the icon - even immediately after - unbans the user on accident. This is a bad design, I feel, because if a mod does not notice the user has been accidentally unbanned, then they are free to return and repeat their behavior. It…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Making a moderation feature that allows channel owners to give permissions to each individual moderators. This feature will give certain moderators access to manage commands/other features that only editors could access before. for example twitch has An editor role and a moderator role that can manage the broadcasters channel,right? so by adding a tool that allows certain editor commands/abilities to each individual moderators would be helpful to the channel owner, this command would need to be authorized by the owner of a channel or a editor. similar to how discord servers work(server owner can give any member of the server…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Would it be possible to create a tool that would allow mods/streamers to obtain KNOWN troublemaking accounts such as the recent string of hate raids and bots and then ban them in bulk as opposed to one at a time?

I moderate for several streamers and I've been trying my hardest to help support the more nervous ones who have been getting follows from suspicious accounts matching the ones I'm sure most of you are aware of. But going through and manually banning one at a time is extremely time consuming, especially considering there are so many of these accounts.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Submitted this in another section of uservoice also under streaming features, but to make this more targeted.

1) Allow channel moderators the ability to see all clips that are created for a channel they moderate for.
    a) should be able to search clips by specific keyword, category, date, time frame, user
    b) should be able to edit title which may be indexed on 3rd party sites
    c) should be able to "Disable" a clip. This 100% doesn't mean to delete it, only make it non viewable on the internet to the general public. Deletion can then be handled by caster…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Currently with the new User monitoring system, when a user has been marked as restricted all further messages from the user are not logged anywhere. So a use case: A user has been marked as Restricted due to ban evasion and decides to come into a channel to be unruly and toxic, the messages are hidden from the rest of chat and a moderator can action accordingly eg ban. That said user comes back at a later period and requests an unban. There is no context other than the user is restricted. There is none of the users messages in…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. I'm dissatisfied with the tools/the power that twitch and streamlabs has given me to report trolls who sexually harass me in my stream. For instance, someone came into my live stream on 6/10/20 (somewhere between 8:40am and 10:00am eastern) and wrote in the chat: "what kind of **** do you like?" The bot immediately flagged the word '*' and asked me to choose allow or deny. So I pressed deny. I can't remember if I hit Ban or not on this person. But by doing that, I can't report the person now because it doesn't show their screen name

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. The current value for timeouts is 600 seconds. It would be helpful if this number could be adjusted in moderation setting. When the Timeout button is clicked in chat, the user would be on timeout for the adjusted amount of time. Example: In Moderator Settings, change 600 seconds to ten seconds. When the Timeout button is used on a person in chat, they will be on timeout for ten seconds.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. I help manage various Twitch streamers ( https://i.imgur.com/b0XlJ4h.png ). The suggestion is necessary as the reason given is vague to the point of not possibly identifiable. The timestamp given ( https://i.imgur.com/17kt1sC.png ) is the start of a 9 hour stream, not a point during it, so the possible examples given;
    - Slur based on ethnicity ( they're both white )
    - Asserting mentally inferiority due to gender ( they're both trans-women )
    - Claiming that another person s a danger to society because of their religion ( possible religious affiliations never came up )

I, the content creator, and the…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Right now it is very tedious to have to only be able to add one word at a time if you're adding blocked words to your channel. I think it would be better if we could add 5 or 10 words at a time, separated by commas or or semicolons. This would make it less of a hassle for streamers to add banned words, especially if we have a long list of words we want to add.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. As both a streamer and a mod for many channels, I would love the ability to expand the filtering of "Users in Chat" beyond just searching by name.

I'd like to example filter by Account Age (to help find bot accounts or trolls), filter by length of time following a channel, filter by subscriber tier, etc.

This would be very very useful, especially when trying to find suspicious accounts, ban evaders, bots, etc, for larger channels that have endless lists of viewers.

Thanks!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. @everyone tag in chat From the moderator rank!

Chatters from moderator rank can make @everyone in chat to share important messages so that everyone sees it and gets tagged.

very simple and easy.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. mods should have a bell that they can ring it so the streamer can hear it to read chat if the mods want to tell the streamer something important, like if the streamer is muted or the cam not working.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. For example, color marker on nickname to mark toxic user in chat, small note on hover, or coloring friends messages in chat. I've been active twitch user for over 7 years. Now I am moderating a lot of twitch channels. Sometimes there are toxic people, that provoke to get banned, looking for reason to act even more toxic. Would be great to have an ability to mark different users in chat, so you dont need to check message history or remember nicknames to note peoples behaviour

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. the option to "/marker [notes]" is only for editors, however sometimes the Mods would like to just drop a marker for the streamer or for the editors to go back to as a good point of ref for them.

For an example; "Start highlight here, end here"

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. As a mod for multiple channels within the same community being targeted by view bots, I would like an option to see the people who are viewing the stream vs. just the "users in chat" list as it does not show any bots, and the numbers do match up 99.9% of the time. I'm still uncertain of the distinction between the two metrics, and on that note, if there was a count for the users in chat, for regular users, VIPs and moderators alike, that would be very helpful so at the very least I could spare myself from counting…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Hello everyone, today I come to propose an idea of ​​a tool that will help when moderating a chat and communicating between the moderators of a chat.
    The idea consists of a command that when entering it in the chat, there will be another chat but hidden, similar to how / poll works. To which only the moderators and the streamer will have access, this would be very useful for communication between the moderators and in support of the new tools recently included in the platform, such as the "Suspicious User"
    This would allow any questions the moderators have to…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Mods can flag a Suspicious user on chat, but the streamer can only see "Username flagged as Suspicious by Badiiin" for example.

it would be way more useful if the streamer could see the reason why I flagged the user. Writen by the moderator himself.

Example:

"Username flagged as Suspicious by Badiin, reason: Account created just a minute before the follow"

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. There is only 2 seconds 4 seconds and 6 seconds it would be nice if i can set a customs time

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Allow mods to see if and where users are banned in other channels. This is would be applicable if a user is using a streamers emotes in another channel and being toxic while they are banned in the chat where they are using the emotes from.
    This would make the streamer whose emotes they are using look bad/make the community look bad meanwhile they could be banned in the community they are using the emotes from.
    This could be shown when a moderator opens a users card.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?