Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Safety

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Safety

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

173 results found

1. Nowadays, if a streamer wants to change a collection's miniature, he needs to select a video as the miniature, but he should be able to do it without changing the video's miniature.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. There needs to be a way for people who don't use twitch to get help and support. Streamers are learning to harass and abuse people OFF twitch so they don't violate TOS. They also just delete VODS if they have been abusive in their streams. I have been getting harassed by "twitch streamers" and there was no way for me to get support from twitch without signing up. Please add a support option for people who are being abused by your creators but who don't use twitch themselves.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Some users on twitch unfortunately harass and target minority groups that being members of lgbtqia+ and PoC. If users are repetitively banned in say like 20-30 lgbtqia+ or PoC (tagged as such, like mixed race, african American;etc.) streamers channels, their accounts should be suspended then possibly sitewide banned, if there is a repeat offense post suspension.

There should data that collates this info and action as a result based of this also.

Being a streamer who fits into both these categories sometimes it gets a bit much having to ban and then also report these users, half the time i…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. The “block” function is the greatest exercise of power in chatting on twitch. This feature has the function of eliminating spam bots, political propaganda, and other obviously harmful entities that make comments knowing that they will be blocked.
    However, I think there is another side to this feature. This is the “monster-making machine” aspect. First of all, except for comments that are intentionally blocked as mentioned above, the first thing a blocked person does is to create a sub-account. I’ll skip the discussion of whether this in itself is a good thing or a bad thing, as that is not…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Please make a chat filter which allows you to ban users with brand new accounts or accounts that are X days/hours/weeks old (give the streamer a choice.) It will prevent people from harassing streamers who just make new accounts after they've been banned and continue to harass.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I noticed when attempting to login in to my Twitch account with the wrong password an error message stating "That password was incorrect. Please try again" appears. Also, in the case where there is no existing username the page displays, "This username does not exist." This is bad! Never do this! When the username or password is incorrect the page should display "Username or Password was incorrect. Please try again" or something to the same extent. The reason why the to warning should never be separate is a security issue. If an attacker were to try to get into someone's…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Having a leveling system that streamers can set the parameters of leveling So that the streamer has more control over there stream bassed on the level of that person thats in there, the nore they chat and interact the higher the level goes, also makes it easier for mods knowing if they have been in there bassed on the level rather than looking at when they followed, the streamer can even set perks for that viewer when they reached a level in the channel, this if more for putting guildlines in place to safe guard the channels plus make it…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Just either a message that would be sent out to all people following which seems difficult or a notice on the streamers page saying why they were removed instead of just deleting the page entirely. Thanks

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. The onslaught of content that is borderline porographic, highly suggestive because and obvious adult content and because of the repetitiveness of underage accounts created on a daily basis. Not to mention you aren't required to have an account to view ANY subject matter. As of today accounts have no viewing/streaming restricts on them unless what is divulged by the creator. There is no current method of authentication for accounts. Amazon is the parent company and has the abilities to verify accounts with bank/credit card information require THIS same method for all twitch user 18+ that want to stream. Require it…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Recentemente no Brasil presenciamos um acontecimento onde um Streamer foi roubado ao vivo em sua casa durante uma transmissão.
    Pensando no acontecido, tive a ideia de sugerir a vocês uma sistema de Segurança para o streamer.
    Através do cadastro no qual todo streamer precisa preencher para ingressar na plataforma Twitch (contendo diversas informações como endereço de onde reside), são informações fundamentais para que as autoridades cheguem ao local o mais rápido possível.
    O sistema é bem simples, basta cada canal de transmissão possuir um "botão de emergência" que aparecerá durante a transmissão.
    Caso algum espectador ative o botão, um membro…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Its quite easy, just make new accounts cant give follow. This would help
    It's like, im being harassed constantly by trolls that make fake accounts with very offensive names and they give me follow. so the alert plops and here we go again.

Like the " Followers " only option in the chat config by 1 week, 1 month, or ETC
    i would find this option very useful. and maybe this will discourage trolling and fake account creation

Also, pretty please... i cant whitstand anymore. those trolls are buying follow-bots... last day were about 6000... im very worried

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I have come to understand that for streamers trying to avoid giving away too much information about themselves, they will get a PO Box 30-45 minutes away from their homes. Since twitch is in the Amazon family, it seems like there could be a service streamer could pay for to have mail go to a generic location in the basic region (could correspond to Amazon shipping locations) and then they could get items from user delivered with Amazon packages. That would allow the content creators to receive items in a safer way.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. From what I've heard people have been getting host-botted. High amount of hosts from bots at one time, to where the streamer can't go live.
    Hosting/raiding is a big part of this community, and I think if this is happening then we could really use people looking into how to prevent it.
    Thanks,
    Rivvr

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I was watching project nightfall’s video on IG about women who get harassed while doing a livestream. It reminded me of how a number of times I watch such incidences and most of the time the streamers are left speechless and unsure of how to act. From the various incidents recorded, I noticed a couple of patterns which occurred and thought to take advantage of them:
    a) The culprits faces were visible for at least 10 seconds.
    b) There were people around using their devices. What are the odds they are subscribed to twitch or another social media platform?

Inspired…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Web cam view is requested for streamers who streamed more than three hours. For safety reasons so the streamer won't fall alseep live and harmed themselves.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Olá, Gostaria que fossem inclusos na conduta de assédios a idade e a posição sócio econômica e deixassem claro quanto aos pedidos no chat

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. There is a strong contingency of mods or folks that work in community development and support that would be willing to help make this process faster and more streamlined. Whether it's part-time work, pay by report, or even a volunteer position to start, you have the ability to keep that human feel Emmett was so passionate about, give the community a chance to directly enhance the platform they enjoy, and help you in the long run.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. предлагаю разрешить стримить только лицам достигшим 18-летия.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. It would be nice if when you time out, ban or delete a message a report button shows up next to the users name. As a moderator I would like there to be an easier way to report a users message to Twitch.
    Currently when ever you time out, ban or delete a message (using the Mod Icons that show up when the “Show Mod Icons“ setting is enabled) the user receives the punishment and the delete message button disappears no matter what punishment you give. It would be nice if when a message is deleted there is a report…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. as someone who makes mistakes on the frequent, just because its who i am. i get going forward and dont look back at times to just press on but unfortunetely sometimes i miss something, and want hard proof or evidence of the facts.

Im suggesting that people who are banned be able to create a localised twitch clip on the span of 5 or so minutes to clip of a stream theyre banned for, to allow for the submission of proof in both reports and unban requests.

i know i sometimes forget things, and people cant remember everything all the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?