Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Safety

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Safety

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

174 results found

1. Your Terms Of Service is censorship in areas where females and those who identify as female live outside of the United States of America, where showing 'nipples' is not considered frontal upper body nudity in the eyes of the Canadian Constitution, and human rights. It was considered sexist to keep women tethered to a rule that did not apply equally to men in all conditions.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. A system where trolls / generally harmful viewers get negative karma when they are timeout, kicked or banned from channels. And some positive karma gaining system for viewers who follow guidelines. And then something for streamers to limit bad karma accounts harassing them. IMO could be very useful. Thoughts?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. These 4 been following and unfollowing me MANY TIMES and I am tired of it. Twitch needs to make a way to keep any users from following you. I know for a fact these 4 usernames are the same person. I have proof and I have emails they been following and unfollowing me at same time.

Kirilfrolov847
    MKVTeam
    ChitusNG
    Chitus7

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. If you ban a partnered streamer temporarily please tell them exactly what in the vod got them banned and how to avoid doing that in the future. Ive seen how vague and ineffective the system of telling a streamer "you broke this rule" in a email is and hope Twitch improves on this flawed system

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Not sure about other games, but for Halo: Master Chief Collection, there is a clique of trolls that hack the game, and sadistically DDoS streamers consistently. They can get a player's IP even if masked, VPN's work but the latency is already bad enough as it is.

It's disconcerting every time I see a player with a new account, they have no issues creating new, free accounts every time they get banned.

-They spoof gamertags/screennames, then fly around maps to force other, random players to search the spoofed names to report them (and get them banned).
    -They can create any…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. hope this message finds you well. I'm writing as a devoted Twitch user and content creator who deeply values the platform's commitment to innovation and community engagement. Over the years, Twitch has evolved into a dynamic space for content creators and viewers alike. While the platform boasts an impressive array of features, I believe there's an opportunity to further enhance the user experience through the implementation of an Advanced Livestream Statistics Dashboard.

Rationale:
    As a content creator, I am constantly seeking ways to understand and improve the performance of my livestreams. While Twitch already provides some basic analytics, an Advanced…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I would like to request for a feature to merge vods from the creator dashboard. I am suggesting this idea because I do face issues with streaming based on my current tech and so I do have times where my stream crashes and I have to restart my stream. So at the very least it would be nice to merge the vod so others from my community can watch my stream in a single vod and not have to change out. I believe that this feature will help multiple creators and will improve the streaming quality of life for those…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Although not strictly limited to it being for safety reasons, having an option to download Twitch Whisper chat history as a .txt file is a feature that is missing from Twitch. It would be an extremely useful tool for reporting any harassment that occurs, particularly if there has been a long history of infrequent messages. I'm sure there are other uses for this tool that are not related to harassment too; but it just seems like a feature that is available on a number of other social media platforms, but is misisng on Twitch.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. In light of features like shared ban info https://safety.twitch.tv/s/article/Safer-Together-Making-Twitch-Safer-with-Shared-Ban-Info , the suspicious user controls https://help.twitch.tv/s/article/suspicious-user-controls and users getting marked as suspicious (but not unmarked) as soon as a channel they are banned from raids another, I would like to request that you be more transparent about the effects of this terrible and poorly implemented "feature".
    When I saw the announcement about it at TwitchCon EU 2022 in Amsterdam last year, it was already immediately obvious to me, that these features, intended to curtail harassment, are more than likely a poor aid, and much more likely to be abused as a…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. If you want to talk about reinstating chat rights to someone who thinks they've been wrongly chat banned, there should be some way to get a hold of this person, especially from more than 5 years ago.

So twitch streamers don't have to give out their private email addresses they should be given a public email address that ends in twitch.tv. , Maybe @user.twitch.TV to differentiate it from corporate people who write from twitch?

That way they could deal with administration of their twitch stream fairly and honestly without involving the chatting public.

This was based on my experiences over…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Sometimes Twitch might recommend a channel, and we go there, dedicate much effort to good participation in it, support the streamer by using the Amazon link, then for no apparent reason, suddenly we have a notice that our account is permanently banned. This could ruin almost one month of a subscription, perhaps even more.

If ordinary users have a little power too, to access a channel's ban rate for example, then we might know to be wary about dedicating ourselves as much to the channel, and perhaps not even to subscribe to that particular channel.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Please add a feature that allows the Streamer to manually remove followers. Banning a user doesn't remove them from your followers list anymore. Users are still able to receive notifications of all of your activity, or in the case of stalkers and ban evaders, they just create new accounts to follow you around to receive these notifications and keep tabs on you.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. CUANDO SE ABRE UN TICKET O DENUNCIA A OTRO USUARIO DEBERÍA SER REVISADOS SUS VIDEOS DE DIRECTOS Y CHAT SI SE DENUNCIA MUCHAS VECES,REVISION EN PROFUNDIDAD Y SUSPENSION DEL CANAL

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Hello Twitch staff, I suggest you moderate some of the categories like:
    https://www.twitch.tv/directory/game/Lineage%202

In this category, half of the channels are view-botted server promotions which makes no sense. The channels get views by view-botting and embing their channels to their main webpages. Some of the channels stay on top of the list for 24/7. I don't know if other categories have the same issue, but at least this Lineage2 category is full of promoters. If there would be a function specifically to report the Promoted-view botted channel, this would help to make the platform more cleaner.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Ana responded

Hello there,

I would like to let you know that you can report channels in the manner you have described. Simply click on the three-dot icon and select the report option. You will be prompted through some reasons. To report bots, you can select Live Stream and then under "Why are you submitting this report?", you can select "Search" and type in "Bots" and follow the rest of the required input instructions. Hope this helps.

15. I would like you to ban the name Karen when used as a term of abuse and harassment. Knowing people named Karen, who are very sweet people, it upsets me to see others use their name is such ways. I feel the use of any name as a term for bullying is wrong, especially considering my own experiences with bullying due to my name.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Why won't you enable human authentication???????????

Such as, "Select all photos that are showing traffic lights..." etc...
    Twitch bots are ruining your platform.
    Honestly its not that hard to get rid of them. Your monitoring/authentication process is atrocious. It wouldn't surprise me if Twitch was supporting these botting sites and allowing BOTS for more ad revenue/publicity and numbers.
    Embedded and fake views should not count.

It's not that hard to get a server, run some simple python commands that create accounts in the thousands. Then let them chat, and even mimic other user's input to make them seem authentic.

Force…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I've seen quite a few people get banned now and they cannot decipher what they got banned for in the vague email you send. More to this; streamers can be streaming for 10 hours a day and you expect them to remember 10 seconds of discourse that got them banned? Just attach the "bannable" clip to the email. How are people supposed to consciously appeal a ban when you don't explicity tell them what they did was wrong instead of give a vague "category"?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. This might not be within twitch's power, but perhaps some kind of SWAT safety database made available specifically for law enforcement. Just something for law enforcement to reconcile an accusation (swat worthy) against streamers, as they are easily targeted. I acknowledge this is a rare event, however this seems like a small overhead to implement

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. put in a block tab so i dont have to report someone to stop them for showing up anywhere

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. It can be rather unintuitive to post links as evidence in user reports, as they're not parsed and can easily be overlooked. Therefore, to reinforce user reports more effectively, I suggest that Twitch upload files as attachments therein, such as pictures and video files.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?