Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Safety

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Safety

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

173 results found

1. Please allow the editing of a reason for a channel ban.
    Specifically, allow the editing of the reason text of a channel ban, without unbanning the user in question first. It is important that the user stays banned during this process, and that the timestamp of when the user was initially banned is preserved.
    I am someone who likes to tell users why they have been banned, often in great detail, so that they may easily see the error of their ways and show remorse for their actions before submitting an unban request. However, it is a regular occurrence, that…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Please extend the possible maximum length for the reason text of a channel ban.
    Currently, the maximum length the reason text of a ban can have is limited by the length of a chat message (500 characters), and can be calculated as follows: 500-6-<length of username>
    It is possible to ban people through an API integration, but I have not explored its limitations. This is typically not how you ban a user from a channel.
    I have recently banned someone, and I ran out of space listing all the reasons for which to ban them. I really want them to…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. There should be an appeal system when it comes to emotes getting rejected.

There has been multiple times where I paid to get an emote created, and made sure beforehand that it wasn't going against the guidelines. Yet they give a general reason, but it doesn't align. Allowing one person's perception to be the only answer isn't right.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Blocking channel point redeems from being used during active Shield Mode, so bot raids cannot use channel point redeems to spam.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. A mode that is only accessible to verified adults where adults can stream adult content or watch it, adult games are still video games. Adults shouldn't be thrown under the bus just because they like that content and after that one woman got banned twice for having sex live on twitch and came back in short order after raking in obscene money in the process.

Now I don't have an issue with the act itself what two consenting adults do is up to them. Its mainly the wonky enforcement.

So instead of twitch being two faced about it just make…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Auto ban users with racist nickname by using a ban list like for the chat

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Sometimes a new game gets released and its not listed under banned games even though it should definitely get banned from Twitch. There should be a way to suggest new games to get added to the list... Don't know why you don't have one already.. this is a gaming site...........

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Gambling streams such as those hosted by poker channels should be behind an authorisation wall. Gambling addictions are severe and those who struggle with them deserve to be able to enjoy Twitch without being drawn in by these channels.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. For at least the meantime while the follow hate bots are a thing... Make creating new accounts have a mandatory cooldown before they can follow an option since many of the accounts that do the hate follow to get around current protections are created same day.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. If someone is banned from a channel (not blocked) they should not be able to follow the channel. This should help limit the amount of bot spam and harassment attacks by making bad actors not be able trigger alerts or flood channels with follow bots.

Another option would be to have an option to block banned channels automatically and having ban apeals as a separate form rather than just messaging the channel.

It is beyond frustrating to get 20+ bots follow you in half an hour each with a simular name, some with blantant slurs.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. "Under attack mode" to get rid of all bots.

Twitch should introduce an "under attack mode" similar to the one in Cloudflare that many sites use. If you are exposed to an attack by bots, you switch on the attack mode and everyone who then tries to reach the site must first solve a captcha (in twitch cases, everyone who wants to write in the chat). Then all bots will be filtered out.
    When the attack is gone, which is usually 20min-30min, this mode is turned off and everything is as usual again.

This is better than having your stream…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Since the twitch follow botting has become such a pain , what if we add a simple accept/reject follow request for users who join in and wanna follow? Like on Instagram. This would massively stop the follow botting . And a UI menu for the streamer/ mods to bulk select a list of users to allow or reject which has been implemented for redeem requests already (like a check all and accept/reject) .

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. It would be very good if a streamer could block Accounts that aren't older that 7 Days or something. My Streamer is getting annoyed by one Person with 1000 Accounts. If I ban one he can still chat with anotherone because of his VPN. This is a serious problem on Twitch.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. A button you press in Twitch Dashboard when you are offline that makes it so that you enter the testing mode. In testing mode, you can see your stream as if someone else was but without actually going live to the public. To show that you are in testing mode all the Twitch stats Will change to say "Testing mode". You will be able to see bitrate stats and change how your channel looks. It would also be cool if you could get a shareable link that you could give to your friend so that he can see what it…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I heard at Twitchcon last year that there will be full support in the art field.

I want to draw with adult content, but I can't. There is no adult authentication system.

I just waited because I believed you'll improve it

So was there any improvement? no

As time goes by, the standards of adult content become more stringent.

If I draw a nude model right now, You guys will stop my broadcast

I want more free art activities. That is why we require an adult authentication system.

If not, I hope you improve it soon

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. a viewer that me and my partner in streaming (Ryuu101) share has multiple accounts, more than 13 and they keep on being toxic, and no matter how many times we ban or time them out they keep coming back. it isn't an issue with me, but they are stressing Ryuu101 out, and i don't like seeing people doing this kind of stuff to other people so something needs to be done, or at least a professional can tell her what she needs to do. they go by many names, but the main two are randomidiot, and Fo1x123452. the fox account…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. ich fände es sehr gut wenn man leute die nur am trollen sind komplett bannen könnte... so das sie überhauptnicht mehr auf den stream zugreifen können

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Your Terms Of Service is censorship in areas where females and those who identify as female live outside of the United States of America, where showing 'nipples' is not considered frontal upper body nudity in the eyes of the Canadian Constitution, and human rights. It was considered sexist to keep women tethered to a rule that did not apply equally to men in all conditions.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. A system where trolls / generally harmful viewers get negative karma when they are timeout, kicked or banned from channels. And some positive karma gaining system for viewers who follow guidelines. And then something for streamers to limit bad karma accounts harassing them. IMO could be very useful. Thoughts?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. These 4 been following and unfollowing me MANY TIMES and I am tired of it. Twitch needs to make a way to keep any users from following you. I know for a fact these 4 usernames are the same person. I have proof and I have emails they been following and unfollowing me at same time.

Kirilfrolov847
    MKVTeam
    ChitusNG
    Chitus7

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here