Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Safety

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Safety

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. While someone has already suggested a channel admin role, it would be nice if the proposed admin has more powers than just adding and removing mods.
    I am the head mod, editor, and essentially personal streaming assistant for a streamer that streams for fun and has a very busy and important life when not streaming. Even though he cares very much about his community and his stream, minor tweaks to things like info panels, adding VIPs, curating the autohost list, adding and removing extensions, telling me how many sub points he has, and editing channel points rewards often fall to…

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I would love to have a toggle-able chat badge or flag we mods could use to mark people that warrant extra watching. New chatters who set our troll senses tingling, or folks who have said problematic but not ban-worthy things, for example. Like the negative equivalent of a VIP badge. The badges would need to be removable, for people who turn out to be okay after all.
    Some problem users disappear when timed out, then show up later after we've forgotten about them or when different mods are around. A chat badge would let them stand out instantly. And paired…

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. So currently moderating on mobile you cannot purge a message. I would like to be able to purge a message by selecting it vs doing a 1 second time out like the mods and work with and myself are currently doing.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Moderators on the browser and desktop versions of twitch have incredible access to moderation tools such as mod icons, mod view etc. this makes handling larger chat rooms incredibly easy for a group of mods working together.

Unfortunately I, like many others, am in a position where I am a mod for a larger community, yet am often on the go and find myself using mobile twitch far more often than desktop. This makes it so much harder to keep chat under control, as the current moderation process on mobile is utterly laughable. Messages that would be deleted instantly if…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. While setting up my "permitted terms and phrases" I didn't click "private" when saving and my private information was sitting in the mod action panel with no way (or advice) to fix it. I wish there was a way I could have cleared that one specific action so none of my mods could see the private information I was trying to block.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. moderators have some pretty good tools to work with on desktop especially with BetterTTV and FFZ installed, but the moderation tools on mobile are extremely limiting. As moderators are not always able to be home it is understandable why some may have to use the app and especially it is hard to watch over larger streams. Being able to set a moderation profile while watching a stream would be game changing with mod icons next to the names, as well as a larger name to click on, as it’s very hard to hit the name precisely. Additionally, there is no…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Making a moderation feature that allows channel owners to give permissions to each individual moderators. This feature will give certain moderators access to manage commands/other features that only editors could access before. for example twitch has An editor role and a moderator role that can manage the broadcasters channel,right? so by adding a tool that allows certain editor commands/abilities to each individual moderators would be helpful to the channel owner, this command would need to be authorized by the owner of a channel or a editor. similar to how discord servers work(server owner can give any member of the server…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. It would be great to have the ability as a Mod to disable spending channel points during a specific situation. I have been noticing in the Role Play community that when alot of hate comes into the channel and we go into sub mode only. The haters will wait until they have enough points to post a message in sub mode just to throw Salt or the spam some of the cheaper options to distract the streamer. I know that there is emote only mode but that also feels like a punishment for the subscribers that are not doing anything…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Add a "Testing Mode" for those given mod permissions on a channel.
    Currently, only admin/channel creators can manage emotes, channel points, alert gifs, etc. but many times, someone else creates custom gifs and images for the creators. It would be very useful if mods could activate a "testing mode" that allows them to manage emotes and other channel images (avatar, banner, channel icons, etc.) unofficially (doesn't save, but can see how the channel will look with the new images.) This would be useful because it would make artists jobs easier if they need to test the pixels sizes and resolution…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Hello! I'm relatively new to streaming. I've had fun using the platform and I look forward to continuing to grow my channel and meet new users. However, one of my friends and I have been running into an issue with streaming Jackbox Party Games.

We want people to be involved and play with us, but we are running into issues with trying to ban users that use vulgar language and racial slurs. While we can ban them if they are logged into their account, we can't keep them off of the stream and being able to participate if they just…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Adding an option to disable /me (or .me) in mod view/by a streamer would mean one less thing that the mods have to look for while modding in the many channels where it is not allowed.
    Perhaps with this option enabled, the message where chatters try to use /me would simply stay as normal text, however being automatically deleted would work as well.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Allow channel editors to manage the rules for the broadcaster that appears when you first enter the chat, this will allow chat rules to be up-to-date and easily edited and accessed by moderators and trusted people in a broadcasters stream.

For example, if there's a streamer who's really popular and doesn't have the time to check in on his chat settings ever so often. The editors of the channel can manage the chat rules, and edit them instead of having to contact the broadcaster.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Ability to shadowban users where they are able to type in chat and see their message, but their message is not seen by anyone else but them.

This will help substantially in reducing cases of ban evading as shadowbanned users usually don’t realize they are banned (if they don’t look into it more, especially in larger channels) and at the same time it will not affect the streamer’s chat

Can be an ip shadowban across accounts. This would be such a helpful feature in preventing constant toxicity.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. I think it would be nice if there was a way to have a log (or even just a count) of how many users you have banned (as a moderator in a channel)

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. If Twitch won't filter (or ban) usernames containing personal information, perhaps streamers could blacklist names containing certain words/#s/etc.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Submitted this in another section of uservoice also under streaming features, but to make this more targeted.

1) Allow channel moderators the ability to see all clips that are created for a channel they moderate for.
    a) should be able to search clips by specific keyword, category, date, time frame, user
    b) should be able to edit title which may be indexed on 3rd party sites
    c) should be able to "Disable" a clip. This 100% doesn't mean to delete it, only make it non viewable on the internet to the general public. Deletion can then be handled by caster…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Subs get different badges the longer they are subscribed. Why don't MODS get different colored swords or different swords entirely the longer they are a mod?? If someone is in a chat and sees a mod with a sword showing they have lots of experience that person may be less likely to do or say something dumb knowing an experienced mod is in chat. Also there aren't enough mods to cover all streams so this would be a nice little thing to do for the mods. I have 500 hours in as a mod, it would nice to be recognized…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. While I can understand the rationale behind channel chat and whispers being treated separately, the fact is that users who are banned for inappropriate behavior often follow up by harassing the streamer directly through whispers. Here is a potential workflow I can think of:

Whenever a mod bans a user from a streamer’s channel, it triggers some kind of message/notification to the streamer that a user has been banned and asks if the streamer would also like to block/ignore. Additionally, there can be an option for the streamer to auto-block in these instances where mods are trusted and there may…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Hey guys,

I would love if there was a way we could ban/disable anonymous cheerer/gifter as a option for the streamers. I'm not a fan of the fact I have no control over this.

Thank you.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. This feature would allow creators to allow and disallow follows to protect against spam, such as followbotting. If a user starts to get followbotted, they can turn off follows, and problem fixed. It will lead to less issues in the future going back and forth with support and stressing about whether or not you will be banned from Twitch.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?