Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Safety

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Safety

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I know Twitch CEO went over this at Twitch-con San Diego 2019 with some good pluses towards this better chance. I have no idea when that will be implemented into today's Twitch Moderation, but hopefully sooner rather than later.

But anyways, some things he did not mention was these ideas and should add-on or I would recommend a complete overhaul on the enforcement.

• We should be able to see in our own dashboards of previous infractions that are on the account and not removed due to being expired or mistakened suspensions. We, as live streamers, or even users (non-live…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Community Guidelines  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. There is a trend for people to stream anime series which not only is illegal, since they don't own the content which has copyright, but this will hurt twitch content creators.

1. Most of these channels are using an illegal streaming website to stream the show on twitch.

2. If they are using a legal site (for example, Crunchyroll) they are breaking the law by double streaming their content here.

3. They are not creating their own content, hurting all hard-working streamers that actually put effort on twitch.

The problem is there is no easy way of making a report for this case.…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Community Guidelines  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. I dont know why Twitch is always helping big streamers with the tournaments like twitch rivals. I have never heard that Twitch would do something for small streamers community, why not Twitch Rivals for small streamers like myself. It doesnt matter about money, as it will help get some audiencie from the Twitch Rivals. TWITCH help small streamers!!!

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. [SPA]

Necesitamos un grupo de personas que se dedique a controlar de forma más activa la comunidad, y a la vez controlen que los creadores de contenido siguen todas las normas y directrices establecidas para la plataforma.

Sería la mejor forma de aumentar la seguridad y la confianza de los usuarios para que todos puedan disfrutar de Twitch.

¿Tienen planteado crearlo? ¿Necesitáis gente?
    Deberíais ofrecer oportunidad de empleo para esto.

[ENG]

We need a group of people who are actively dedicated to control the community, and at the same time keep that the content creators follow all the rules and…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. There are some users that I have dealt with in the past that purposefully mis-identify trans/non-binary individuals and streamers. How will Twitch trust and safety board manage these users? Purposeful mis-identification is very hurtful, especially after being told the correct identity, and they outright are ignorant to it.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Allow the streamer to place a browser window for on screen silent ad's in the place of mid rolls.

(example of this already working was Loots on screen ad's)

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. I have a friend who is a beginner streamer who has been banned and doesn't know why. Twitch only reported that he said something that is outside of his policy. I watch all of his lives and I don't remember any time he offended someone else. In addition to not making the reason clear, the platform does not give confidence to new streamers, making them question whether the platform is the best option for them to work. Not only that, I remember other cases in which Brazilian streamers were banned for stupid reasons. So I would like to leave the…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. I think the title says enough, we can all think for ourselves.

We have a right to expression as we have a right to be offended. Please don't destroy this great platform of personal expression by buying into false logic.

The effort put into encouraging individuals to choose to dismiss certain viewpoints is far more realistic and beneficial than preventing it from being manifested.

The majority of "unsavory" content expressed on your platform is done ironically: to take this too seriously and censor it is an insult to the people that make your platform real and viable.

I understand the…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. How will Twitch be applying their new guidelines on other forms of social media like twitter, facebook, or discord; if at all?

Are there going to be repercussions for partners doing something that violates these new guidelines on their publicly linked social accounts?

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. I was indefinitely banned almost 18+ months ago and followed the appropriate appeal steps and was never given a decision or explanation for why I was banned. Is Twitch ever going to address their moderation, banning procedure or appeals process?

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Twitch's changes to acceptable content this year explicitly created different rules for male and female streamers. Where can we start a dialog about what kind of message this sends to both women and those who objectify/dismiss female streamers?

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. People should not be able to create usernames with phone #s or addresses in them. This is commonly used for doxxing streamers and Twitch Safety Ops/Support does not/will not ban them on their usernames alone, even if they created their name(s) to harass a streamer.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. With twitch taking a large stake in livestreaming as a whole I feel it is best for twitch to branch out into allowing 18+ NSFW content on the platform.

I propose that 18+ content is limited exclusively to verified 18+ users of the site, and is impossible to discover by default - but can be found using a convenient account setting.

In this way ambiguity between certain game content and body painting can be eliminated by defining what makes content 18+ or not 18+

A safe alternative to other NSFW live stream sites can be created through twitch in this…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Children watch your creators and I've come across some Chanel's that are showing more than they should, doing ****** acts on different equipment things that shouldn't be within a streaming platform such as twitch! When did twitch become the new onlyfans?! YOU REALLY NEED TO PAY ATTENTION TO WHAT THESE "CREATORS" ARE PUTTING ON YOUR PLATFORM!!! MY SON ADORES TWITCH BUT THIS IS ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING!!!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. During the town hall the coo mentioned that Twitch didn't want to assume identity. The N word hard R is is a slur and should not be allowed to be sent through chat under any circumstances. It is hate speech. N word with the a used on stream amongst Black individuals is in no way the same as saying N hard R in chat.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. NO se permita lucrar con con contenido erótico, sugerente y ******; ni mucho menos promocionar páginas alternas a estas.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. why some men can stay at stream without shirt , and women are being punished for they cleavage and show the body, and men can go shirtless live no matter what kind of body shapes they have (yes, there are men who appear to have breasts)?

can we have an equal policy for all ?

or please let us know why female body can be considered sexualized and not a male body

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Twitch should implement better reporting tools, starting with no longer requiring you to either report from within your channel or from their channel. For example, if reporting due to behaviors off-platform or reporting off-stream after gathering information to make the report rather than interrupt the flow of your own content, it's a bad experience to have to go their channel. If the person being reported is a streamer themselves, then that also forces someone to have to see that person's stream content or potentially live content in order to make a report, and because many people tend to wait to…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. We get the initial notice that we've made a report and that's great. What we don't have is any resolution. We are left in the dark as to any actions or if the report was even looked at.
    It would be nice to have a follow up email letting us know that someone has at least read the report and acted (even inaction) ala the vague wrap up email.

"Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. We've initiated an investigation based on the information that you provided and we'll take appropriate action based on our findings. Please note…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?