Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Safety

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Safety

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

48 results found

1. Okay, I just wanted to ask if you could review your bannable behaviours: I found out that a streamer was permbanned for saying the world "blacks". I don't think that you should ban someone, worst if it is a streamer, for saying such a thing. Instead, the racist ones are the moderators. If saying "black" is racist, the only thing I can say is that only racist people could have the idea to think that it is racist. Come on, start thinking.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. The community guidelines prohibit spam, one of the categories of which being posting large amounts of repetitive, unwanted messages or user reports, such as this:https://twitter.com/DomGang420/status/1441270323429576709/photo/1

However, I have yet to see any users be punished for doing this, and I understand that a lot of users have been clamoring for ways to deal with it for a while now. Adding on to all of the ideas put forth so far, I would ask that Twitch deals with users who continue to spam in chat better than it apparently deals with them now.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Create a difference between block and ignore commands. Ignoring a user should not be treated the same as a block. Ignoring a user would just mean that you do not see messages of a certain user in channels outside of your own and channels that you do not moderate. Ignored users would still stay followed to your channel.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Lately, these bans attacking everyone are complicated.

What if they create a way for users who are watching streaming to confirm the bans?An example: Suppose I am watching a stream where the creator of the content does something that will upset me, in which case I request a ban confirmation for all other users who are watching the same stream, and if the percentage rate is in favor ban, the ban is approved by the majority.What do you think? Fair enough?Note: Please, if you like the idea, don't take it for yourself. I await an answer.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Banned users can't even watch the stream they're banned from, or chat. Blocking banned users from chatting makes sense, but you shouldn't stop people from watching content they enjoy. Simply watching a stream without interacting is in no way harmful to the streamer - and I don't see why bans have to stop viewers from being able to watch them.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. As articulated in the title, I advocate for a nuanced approach to suspension evasion, one that accounts for the severity of the original suspension being evaded. Currently, the consequence for evading suspension is uniformly indefinite, regardless of the duration of the initial suspension, even if it is as brief as one day.

My proposal entails a differentiated response: users evading temporary suspensions, ranging from 1 to 30 days, would incur an additional penalty of 30 days. Conversely, individuals already under indefinite suspension who proceed to evade it should face heightened repercussions or remain under indefinite suspension, as previously determined.

It…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I just recently started streaming music in my streams. today i used twitches own download, pretzelrocks, and some of my content got cut out for copyright issues. how am i supposed to know something that is being advertised as safe to use for music has copyrighted music thrown into it? I dont think it is a very good idea to use these music companies as recommendations if copyright enforcement is going to be thrown in even though its advertised as safe to use while streaming.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. So I have seen streamers that would find this feature very handy.

Ban option 1 would be a chat ban the same thing as the ban option now.

Ban option 2 would be a total ban the user that is banned would not be able to access the stream or chat.

This 2nd "total ban" feature would be very useful in stream-sniping situations so the ****** would not be able to access the stream.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 3 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?