(Visually) Disable Moderator Badge
Users are able to hide specific badges already (Twitch Prime, Turbo, Bits, ...) but what about Moderator Badges?
The reason for this suggestion:
In smaller streams (new) chatters might get scared if moderators post messages.
So I see 2 potential ways this could be achieved:
- Only visually disable the mod badge (keeping the moderation actions in-tact)
- Allow moderator to go into "non-moderation mode" - in this mode, the moderation actions are not available and they are like a normal chatter
In both cases moderators should still show up in the Moderator List (/mods).
Recently Twitch added a "Mod View" into the chat settings - maybe something could be added in there?
Say a "Hide Moderator Badge" option?
We would like to offer an “off-duty mode” for Mods, but it isn’t one of our top priorities at the moment. Will revisit in 2021.
Being able to turn off the moderator badge in chat would be great especially for smaller streamers, as mentioned by somebody else it can turn people off from speaking if the chat is just filled by mods talking. The only solution shouldn't be for mods to just not talk.
Do you want any idea for the offduty badge? Just change it to VIP icon with green square.
Yes! I think an "off-duty" mode for Mods would be fantastic. If my Mods have had a hard day I don't want them to feel like they have to be on duty because of the badge.
I also don't want them to feel like their only option is to stay away from the stream or be an active Mod. They will always be members of the community first and Mods second
I would still like the see this as an option.
imagine adding a "pools, hot tubs and beaches" in the categories and then saying
"We would like to offer an “off-duty mode” for Mods, but it isn’t one of our top priorities at the moment. Will revisit in 2021."
It would be very nice. @Shimesaba is it under development?
2021 checking in here, hows the update @Shimesaba
any follow up on this yet ?
Please yes to option 1
This would be great, would get herassed less in dm's (yes i could turn them off but i dont rly want to do that).
The second option would be interesting.
When a moderator went in their holidays or go on a trip he/she can activate the "non mod mode" and be a normal user when join the stream.
We want this! Having chats full of moderators on small stream scares of new viewers, this could be an easy solution, that doesn't require removing the moderator status to users.
It's worth noting that some streamers already have systems in place to allow users to moderate without having the moderator badge by eg. letting moderators operate by whispering moderation actions to a bot (while not currently having the mod status or appearing in the mods list).
Implementing this officially however would provide some important benefits:
1. Moderators will be able to act faster. Using their normal moderator commands rather than whispering a bot or using a third party site is a significant speed-up.
2. The streamer would no longer have to manually merge the Twitch moderation logs with the bot's moderation logs.
3. Provide Twitch themselves with valuable data about "anonymous" moderation. Perhaps this method of moderation is far more common than current data makes it out to be?