Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Safety

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Safety

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. As a mod for multiple channels within the same community being targeted by view bots, I would like an option to see the people who are viewing the stream vs. just the "users in chat" list as it does not show any bots, and the numbers do match up 99.9% of the time. I'm still uncertain of the distinction between the two metrics, and on that note, if there was a count for the users in chat, for regular users, VIPs and moderators alike, that would be very helpful so at the very least I could spare myself from counting…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. As both a streamer and a mod for many channels, I would love the ability to expand the filtering of "Users in Chat" beyond just searching by name.

I'd like to example filter by Account Age (to help find bot accounts or trolls), filter by length of time following a channel, filter by subscriber tier, etc.

This would be very very useful, especially when trying to find suspicious accounts, ban evaders, bots, etc, for larger channels that have endless lists of viewers.

Thanks!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Currently with the new User monitoring system, when a user has been marked as restricted all further messages from the user are not logged anywhere. So a use case: A user has been marked as Restricted due to ban evasion and decides to come into a channel to be unruly and toxic, the messages are hidden from the rest of chat and a moderator can action accordingly eg ban. That said user comes back at a later period and requests an unban. There is no context other than the user is restricted. There is none of the users messages in…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Hello everyone, today I come to propose an idea of ​​a tool that will help when moderating a chat and communicating between the moderators of a chat.
    The idea consists of a command that when entering it in the chat, there will be another chat but hidden, similar to how / poll works. To which only the moderators and the streamer will have access, this would be very useful for communication between the moderators and in support of the new tools recently included in the platform, such as the "Suspicious User"
    This would allow any questions the moderators have to…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Mods can flag a Suspicious user on chat, but the streamer can only see "Username flagged as Suspicious by Badiiin" for example.

it would be way more useful if the streamer could see the reason why I flagged the user. Writen by the moderator himself.

Example:

"Username flagged as Suspicious by Badiin, reason: Account created just a minute before the follow"

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. @everyone tag in chat From the moderator rank!

Chatters from moderator rank can make @everyone in chat to share important messages so that everyone sees it and gets tagged.

very simple and easy.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. The current value for timeouts is 600 seconds. It would be helpful if this number could be adjusted in moderation setting. When the Timeout button is clicked in chat, the user would be on timeout for the adjusted amount of time. Example: In Moderator Settings, change 600 seconds to ten seconds. When the Timeout button is used on a person in chat, they will be on timeout for ten seconds.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. There is only 2 seconds 4 seconds and 6 seconds it would be nice if i can set a customs time

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. The TL;DR - allow the option to turn off the highlighting of restricted and monitored users, while still having their messages viewable in the suspicious user activity widget.

The new "Suspicious User Controls" feature, while having a lot of potential, currently works in a very counter-productive way. "Restricted" users are notified that they are being restricted, however their messages still show up on both the broadcaster and moderators vision - with an additional highlight. For automatically flagged users this makes sense, but whats the point of manually restricting an account when you could just ban them instead?
    This feature would…

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. I really like the new monitor and restrict tools introduced today for ban evasion detection! I did some testing of using monitor and restrict for general moderation, and there are three improvements that would dramatically improve their usability and impacts:

• Please add the ability to add a reason for monitoring a user's messages, the same way that /timeout and /ban have a [reason] field. This will let other mods know what kind of monitoring they should be doing. An example for how I would like to use this is: a user who is toeing the lines of rules in the…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. mods should have a bell that they can ring it so the streamer can hear it to read chat if the mods want to tell the streamer something important, like if the streamer is muted or the cam not working.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. I help manage various Twitch streamers ( https://i.imgur.com/b0XlJ4h.png ). The suggestion is necessary as the reason given is vague to the point of not possibly identifiable. The timestamp given ( https://i.imgur.com/17kt1sC.png ) is the start of a 9 hour stream, not a point during it, so the possible examples given;
    - Slur based on ethnicity ( they're both white )
    - Asserting mentally inferiority due to gender ( they're both trans-women )
    - Claiming that another person s a danger to society because of their religion ( possible religious affiliations never came up )

I, the content creator, and the…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Allow mods to see if and where users are banned in other channels. This is would be applicable if a user is using a streamers emotes in another channel and being toxic while they are banned in the chat where they are using the emotes from.
    This would make the streamer whose emotes they are using look bad/make the community look bad meanwhile they could be banned in the community they are using the emotes from.
    This could be shown when a moderator opens a users card.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. When clicking to view a users chat history, add an option to view the messages within the context of the chat/stream (for example: an option to show 10 lines before and after the message in question). Sometimes people say things that look bad out of context, allowing mods to see what everyone else was saying may help clear up misunderstandings.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. For example, color marker on nickname to mark toxic user in chat, small note on hover, or coloring friends messages in chat. I've been active twitch user for over 7 years. Now I am moderating a lot of twitch channels. Sometimes there are toxic people, that provoke to get banned, looking for reason to act even more toxic. Would be great to have an ability to mark different users in chat, so you dont need to check message history or remember nicknames to note peoples behaviour

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. When you decide to ban someone and perform the command make a popup come out and the popup says "Do you want this user get unfollowed from streamer?
    there you decide if yes or no, because if unfair you get unfollowed because you got a 69 seconds ban (more if you are a guy who has like 3 years following the channel)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. When a streamer is suspended, screenshots should be included of the violation. Streamers are bound to repeat the issue if the issue is not made clear.

Multiple staff members should see the reports before a ban is decided upon. These moderators would work separately, without the influence of one another, to decide if the ban should occur or not. If both moderators do not hit 'yes' to the ban then the ban should not occur.

An example, my latest ban happened while a Twitch Staff member was in my chat. This member did not see anything against TOS and was…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Would it be possible to create a tool that would allow mods/streamers to obtain KNOWN troublemaking accounts such as the recent string of hate raids and bots and then ban them in bulk as opposed to one at a time?

I moderate for several streamers and I've been trying my hardest to help support the more nervous ones who have been getting follows from suspicious accounts matching the ones I'm sure most of you are aware of. But going through and manually banning one at a time is extremely time consuming, especially considering there are so many of these accounts.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Given the existing infrastructure behind the (1) first-time chat callout experiment, (2) non-mod chat delay, and (3) automod caught message queue:

There should be a toggleable setting where the initial message of any newcomer to chat must be approved by a moderator for that and any subsequent messages to appear to non-mods. Thus, this would limit the ability of newcomers to send messages without prior approval.

Not only would this reduce how many eyes see hateful messages from human accounts, it would neutralize spambots from having their messages show up to non-mods -- a useful step in responding to the…

143 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?