Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Safety

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Safety

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

6 results found

1. Enable 2FA as a chat optional requirement for users to be required to have 2fa before typing in a users stream chat. This would drastically reduce the number of times a banned user will try to evade a ban to harass a streamer / disrupt chat.
    On top of this it would drastically increase awareness on 2fa. Being optional it wouldn't force people or streamers to turn it on or use it. This could also help people who have 18+ Mature content streams reduce the number of people under 18 from engaging.

As 2fa already exists within the twitch platform…

1,114 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Completed  ·  Twitch responded

Hey all,

Thanks so much for your feedback and comments on this topic. Today we’re updating our suite of moderation tools by adding phone-verified chat and expanding the settings for email verification, to help Creators better control their chat experience and improve security. Both Creators and Mods will be able to set the verification requirements for a channel and there are varying levels you will be able to set so it best suits your community. Unlike 2FA, which requires you to enter a code each time you sign in, you’ll only have to verify a phone number and/or email once to be considered verified for chat across Twitch. For more information please refer to our blog post from earlier today: https://blog.twitch.tv/en/2021/09/29/securing-your-chat-with-phone-and-email-verification/

We’ve spent many months building, testing and refining this tool, and while this is far from the last update on our roadmap to improve Creator safety, we’re optimistic about…

2. 420 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. At time of writing an editor of a channel can upload/edit/manage/delete vods and highlights, but cannot edit/manage/delete clips

Please allow editors to manage clips of the channel(s) that they are editor(s) of

60 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Some users create problems within communities of streamers that don't warrant a permanent ban from the platform but cause recurring issues.

For example, I have a group of other streamer that I am friends with and our communities often intermingle. A user has been prevelant in all of our channels, walking the tight rope of bannable offenses. While we have used discord to keep in contact with our mods collectively, it still segments the information into a small group.

It would be amazing to have a way for content creators and moderators to raise red flags across all content creators.…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Completed  ·  Danky responded

Hello! We have introduced Shared Ban Info that may help with solving your suggestion. You can learn about Sharing Ban Info with your fellow creators at our blog

Apologies for missing this post at launch, but thank you for your feedback and have a great day!

5. Please allow streamers to remove people from their follower's list. As a small streamer, I struggle with trolls, and I have made many streamer friends who have had the same experiences as me. On more than one occasion I have banned a troll from chat and had them return with upwards of 3 other accounts, sometimes even up to 10 or 15 other accounts during one stream. (Keep in mind my average stream is about 2.5 hours, and I try my best to not acknowledge or encourage the trolls at all, I just ban them and move on.) They follow…

607 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Completed  ·  mouse responded

You have a lot of different suggestions here, the latter of which have not been implemented, but I wanted to let the thread know that we have recently released the ability to remove followers from your list by Blocking them.  https://twitter.com/TwitchSupport/status/1243643979897417730?s=20

You can see how to Block a user here: https://help.twitch.tv/s/article/how-to-manage-harassment-in-chat#BlockWhispersandMessagesfromStrangers  Additionally, you can see your channel Banned Chatters in your Moderation Preferences in the Dashboard  https://dashboard.twitch.tv/settings/moderation

Please post the other points as separate ideas. Thank you.

6. G'day fellow moderators!,

So as of late on a mate's stream, one of the other mod's and myself started setting chat to emote only during cutscenes in the game he is playing, decreasing the chance's of story etc being spoiled for him,

However,

Typing it out all the time is starting to feel like a chore, would it be possible to add a toggle button, via the settings cog button at the bottom of chat under mod tools, the same way there is a slow mode toggle for "off/on"?

I think it'd add another effective tool for mod's to help…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Completed  ·  Twitch responded

Hey there!

So sorry for the delay on the response to this! But we have added an easily toggle-able setting for emote only and a few other chat settings.

• Don't see your idea?