Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Safety

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Safety

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. With the mod icons it's far too easy to hit the wrong user as chat scrolls. For deleted messages and timeouts this is a pain, but for bans it pretty much boots the user, so there should be a confirmation prompt.

Other ban methods aren't as prone to going wrong so don't need a prompt.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. La opción de que los mods del canal puedan hacer clips, ya que la mayoría de los streamers deshabilitaron la opción de hacer clips para prevenir el DMCA pero hay momentos graciosos o importantes donde no hace falta un clip, y no que el streamer lo haga y pierda el tiempo haciéndolo, seria muy útil que habilitaran esa funcion :D

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. A lot of the time, users get banned for saying things that could be considered hateful or homophobic in Deere's chat, but it's hard to process an unban request because there is no real context around what was said.

It would be nice to be able to be able to click a message in someone's chat history and be able to expand the rest of the chat around the time the user said said message.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Can we possibly get a feature that Mods/Editors of a channel can use to hide certain extremely toxic comments from the Streamer?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Often a user in chat will post an objectionable message which the streamer and moderators miss: there may be an offensive meaning which is objectionable but cleverly concealed and a violation of channel-specific rules, for example.

I suggest adding a "flag" icon that works very much like the existing Reply button on every chat message whereby people in chat can select another chat message and post a reply message into chat which will be visible to channel moderators, chat bots with moderator status, and the streamer, Only, and non-moderators cannot see the reply.

This way there would be a safer…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Recently there was a change in the permaban system so when you permaban a person he can't see chat anymore. I understand that this is added to prevent harassment and stalking, but I think it's not fair, what does his typing something bad in chat has with his reading the chat? If he violated rules by typing something inappropriate, I just ban him from typing, that's only fair, but I don't want to ban him from reading. It's not only unfair but also encourages people to create alternative accounts to be able to read chat again while they could stay…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. A lot of the time I'm chasing a name around a moving chat trying to right click it for the Purge/Ban interface. It would be way easier if I could see a message that needs to be purged that warrants a ban and just right click the message itself to get that popup interface.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Recently Twitch implemented a feature to mark users in the chat as suspicious or to restrict their use of the chat.

But sadly the restrict option only acts as a complete chat ban, which does not help much. (because if someone does not follow the chat rules in streams im supporting as mod, will get a complete Ban)

My idea is to expand the restrict chat access option, so that suspicious users could be restricted in a way, that their messages will automatically be held back by auto mod for a certain ammount of time (or until a mod releases…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I have been banned for having an opinion, the mod that banned me probably had a bad day and decided to ban me for having an opinion on something. I used to watch this streamer everyday until i expressed my opinion on something that the mod disagrees with and i got permanently banned. also the mods on this channel never do unban requests, nor does the streamer (its a pretty big streamer) so im stuck in this place where im banned and no one does the unban requests.

I just think mods shouldn’t have the power to permanently ban someone…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 안녕하세요, 평소에 트위치를 자주 이용하는 사람인데요. 오늘 한가지 굉장히 불쾌한 경험을 해서 고객센터에 도움을 요청합니다. 스트리머에게 일방적으로 폭언을 하는 사람을 완전히 쫓아낼 수 있는 방법이 없나요? 그 사람을 쫓아내면 다른계정으로 찾아와서 또 스트리머를 괴롭히는데, 이걸 막을 수 있는 방법이 없는건지 궁금합니다. 방법이 없다면 제가 아끼는 스트리머는 계속 그 사람에게 고통받아야하나요? 피드백 부탁드립니다.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. As a mod for multiple channels within the same community being targeted by view bots, I would like an option to see the people who are viewing the stream vs. just the "users in chat" list as it does not show any bots, and the numbers do match up 99.9% of the time. I'm still uncertain of the distinction between the two metrics, and on that note, if there was a count for the users in chat, for regular users, VIPs and moderators alike, that would be very helpful so at the very least I could spare myself from counting…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Hello everyone, today I come to propose an idea of ​​a tool that will help when moderating a chat and communicating between the moderators of a chat.
    The idea consists of a command that when entering it in the chat, there will be another chat but hidden, similar to how / poll works. To which only the moderators and the streamer will have access, this would be very useful for communication between the moderators and in support of the new tools recently included in the platform, such as the "Suspicious User"
    This would allow any questions the moderators have to…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. There is only 2 seconds 4 seconds and 6 seconds it would be nice if i can set a customs time

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Allow mods to see if and where users are banned in other channels. This is would be applicable if a user is using a streamers emotes in another channel and being toxic while they are banned in the chat where they are using the emotes from.
    This would make the streamer whose emotes they are using look bad/make the community look bad meanwhile they could be banned in the community they are using the emotes from.
    This could be shown when a moderator opens a users card.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. When a streamer is suspended, screenshots should be included of the violation. Streamers are bound to repeat the issue if the issue is not made clear.

Multiple staff members should see the reports before a ban is decided upon. These moderators would work separately, without the influence of one another, to decide if the ban should occur or not. If both moderators do not hit 'yes' to the ban then the ban should not occur.

An example, my latest ban happened while a Twitch Staff member was in my chat. This member did not see anything against TOS and was…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. If you are a mod, you already know what this feels like. You are modding for the streamer and the chat moves and you see someone type something inappropriate or something you should be deleting, wrong behaviors etc..

Chat moves fast and the messages move and so do the little options to delete/timeout/ban someone. At times, you click on one of those options but right in that instant the chat moves and you end up targeting the wrong person who has never done anything causing them to maybe get offended and possibly leave the stream.

The idea is to allow…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Your letting mods decide **** is not the way to go. Don't let them have the power unless 10k more of viewers

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Undzwar wenn mann einen entbannungs antrag gesellt hat ob man den dann per Neuigkeiten bei twitch sieht ob mann Dan ahnemen kann oder ablehnen kann und da Hinweis mit schreiben kann

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. In the moderator view, when clicking on a user as moderator, it will show how many times the user got banned on different channels. This will prevent trolling and will make the job easier for moderators.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?