Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Safety

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Safety

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

95 results found

1. Sehr geehrtes Twitch Team, gibt es die möglichkeit im Abwehr Modus eine Einstellung um neue Fllower zu deaktivieren bei Bot Followern? Falls nicht wäre es bestimmt möglich das man dort so eine Funktion einrichtet damit der Chat sicherer wird. Mit freundlichen Grüßen.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Bots  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Remove messages from deleted accounts that are bots the links from bots dming you stay active even after removed/ deleted

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. A few days ago, a prominent streamer commented on the URL of a clip with an obscene image as a thumbnail on his channel, which caused a large number of obscene thumbnails to appear in the chat window. This was a case in which the streamer was banned by Twitch management while dealing with the BOT.

The streamer is a normal, healthy streamer and has no malicious intent.

The biggest problem is that the management officially counted the streamer for the violation afterwards.
    I strongly condemn the management for this.
    This is a very childish, poor, and inconsiderate decision that…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Spam Bots continue to raid the platform. My friends and I are getting spam bots that go to websites such as Dogehype. Although their services are cheap, it is still untrusted, and I want to suggest that any form of "dot com" should be a red flag.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Bots  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. There are people creating twitch chat bot account then using script or something to prevent message drop which makes their message appear the last at every message throttle even when they are not vip/mod/broadcaster. This is like a passive aggressive way of spamming messages.
    As a streamer I can't point out because I have no proof but this totally ruined my chat integrity, made the chat seems like there are always same few users wanting attention.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bots  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Hi, I've recently witness a channel being targeted 10 times in October by follow bots and already got 2K followers in 1 stream in November. That channel is using Serybot to counter and bans accounts instantly but some accounts still find a way to act as real followers. Also they started fake raiding 1 viewer for at least a minute. Wouldn't it be easier if Twitch had a universal bot on every channel that can track what Serybot is doing but with much more efficiency ? or at least a toggle on/off when an attack like that is…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I was follow botted and had nothing to do with it. I did not know who did it. It happen 7:22 into my stream and 10:23pm Uk time thank you.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Imagine a world where twitch publicly acknowledged they have a bot problem. So far for the last 2 weeks I have been following this one account thats been changing their name every day while streaming fake video to fake viewers. They are allowed to stream uninterrupted for upwards of 24 hours before changing the name and doing it again. It has been clear to pretty much every person who stumbles accross this account that its fake and using botting to further push the scam. They provide a url code with promise of $50 sign up for free and a chance…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I have seen alot of follow bots lately. It is ruining the experience for the chatters and making things very frustrating and ifficult for the streamer and there is not much the streamer or mods can do about it. My idea is after say 20 followers in a short period of time, anyone that wants to follow must reeneter a authentication code to follow for the next hour. It would make it so the follow bots wouldnt be able to spam follows and anyone who actually does want to follow would just have to simply reenter a code.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Please add a function to ban bots that spam in one single sentence. Let this function work together with the delay in sending a message to the chat (from about 3 seconds or more), it will not apply to emoticons (at the streamer's choice), so that you can configure the restriction to check words in potential spam bots (for example: from 2 words or more), distinguish between the use of signs, CAPSLOCK, and other minor nuances. The larger the range of words for checking potential bot messages, the greater the delay should be at the time of sending the message…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Hi,
    I don't know what is their aim. But many bot accounts have come in chat, but any of them doesn't watch.
    These bot accounts always have a common thing, they come from some channel just showing chat with autobot recommending random channels or have a discord called Social something. Just like a vigilante group.
    In my channel there was always less than 2~3 bot accounts then I blocked them. And today voilà, dozen of bot welcomed me.
    Tbh I really don't care about them, but they're too annoying. I see there ain't any reason to block their accounts, but…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I'm a mod, but we worry about bots in our streams. Should be take a lot of time to research which follows are bots? Finding the bots among the many thousands of legit follows is hard and time consuming. Is it worth it for us to take the time and search for bots? Thanks in advance!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. How about:
    1. Set up a system to analyze users reported for being suspicious of being a bot in a chat.
    2. Said system allows the person reporting to select one or more recent chat messages from said user.
    3. The chat message gets added to a staff-curated list of spam messages. The curated list runs a check behind the scenes (maybe via a JS that already does the "sending message" mechanics).
    4. If the message matches the list, the account is flagged for investigation and the message is shadow-banned (the message appears for the sender, but anybody else won't…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. mettre le programme au client avec ce visqueux gomma sur la plaque forme principale ces puce contient toute les information que vous voulez pas puis son programme disparue comme mes si font des copie la plaque forme a était bâtie comme les japonais pour faire l'écoute sur d'autre paye mon père travailler en Corée puis Jai appris sa par une madame que son fils travailler dans les laboratoire statistiques

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Kanalımıza bir kaç gündür yayın esnasında istenmeyen botlar tarafından takip edilip yayın ortasında sabote ediliyor ve bizi banlattırmaya çalışıyorlar. Lütfen gerekeninin yapılmasını istiyoruz destekleriniz için teşekkür ederiz .

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. yayın esnasında spam takipçi geldi bunları ne yapmalıyım bilginize sunmak isterim spam takipçi istemiyorum lütfen yardım

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Chat bots are intended for a channel owner to engage and moderate THEIR chat and channel. It is inappropriate, unwelcome, and absolutely NOT HARMLESS. You would NEVER in your right mind allow some stranger (or their spy cam and mic) to lurk unwelcome in your home.

Chatbots should not have the same account-like status as real people. They should be restricted to their owner's channel and chat completely via implementation. They should not be permitted to roam freely.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Bots  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. La noche del 17 de enero, mientras estaba retransmitiendo, sufrí un spam de followers, haciendo imposible la retransmisión debido al constante sonido de las notificaciones, luego continuo el spam en el chat, lo que me obligo a desactivar las notificaciones y activar el chat solo para subscriptores.

Me gustaría saber si twitch cuenta con alguna protección para estos casos de acoso, y si se podria revisar mi canal y eliminar todas las cuentas falsas(unas 900 cuentas) que desde anoche han aumentado el numero de seguidores ilegales en mi canal.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Dear Twitch Staff,
    I know my opinion is just a shoot in the abyss and nobody will ever read it. Despite this, I am going to make a small attempt.

I decided to write this, because I witnessed how a single user with a fake account can force to "expel" my viewers. It was not a regular troll, because he harassed not only the broadcaster (me), but also the normal users in the chat. In addition, he followed me, so he will receive information when exactly I will start a stream. I saw pointless to ban him (even if I…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I have an issue with bots in my chat. I don't need to see them listed alongside real users. What I ask for, is that you can right click them and "label as bot". Putting them into a different kind of 'listing' on the 'see who is in your chat' popup. This does not mean you kick them, or ban them or etc... it just means that "you" can see whether they are bots or real users. Or any User on your channel when opening up the list of viewers, can see that they are at the bottom, listed under…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?