Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Safety

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Safety

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

82 results found

1. So, I get it, today is Women's History Month. I saw the ad on Twitter using the term "womxn" - a term used deliberately to exclude trans women, and one that most trans women - including myself - find incredibly offensive.

If you don't want us on your platform, and if we're not welcome in the Twitch community, there are easier ways to tell us that by publicly invalidating our identity.

Absolutely disgraceful that a company that used to pride itself on promoting an inclusive, safe space for creators is using and promoting such disgusting language.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. A lot of my reports are a big deal because the same 3 people keep harassing and telling terrible things to a child that is in my stream. And they go about there way to follow said child to streams to harass. What will be done so this doesn't happen in the future.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Make a Twitch website that's 18+ only, possibly with more lax moderation and rules.
    One that's similar to twitch, but it's 18+ and it's a separate website. It's unlikely that there would be any monetary loss, long term. Quite the opposite actually.
    Twitch is already considered somewhat of a shady **** site, so it would have no bearing on their reputation.
    The only difference would be that the 18+ content would get its own twitch website and would thus be separated from the regular content and make the main Twitch website predominantly for gaming again.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Its really sad that Twitch is not doing anything against OF streamers breaking their guidelines. And then they are also banning people who are not even clearly breaking the guidelines in 4-10 mins. What twitch is saying with this: "yea we only care for the money".

Would really appreciate it if yall would give a statement on that (USA/DE) because lots of people are wondering why Twitch is acting in certain ways over the past 2 years!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Hello! I noticed that on Twitch, there are no backup codes that, in my opinion, should exist as an alternative means of access in case you lose your phone number and don't have the Authenticator app. This would solve many technical issues that may arise.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Dear All,
    I would like to raise the subject of negative behavior of some members of the Polish Twitch community and especially target Polish creators who intentionally make hurtful comments to other creators and then use the method of covering themselves with the words "it was about GTA RP for a joke". This is unfortunately a common phenomenon among some users of the platform and poses a serious threat to the positive atmosphere on Twitch.
    Attacks and insults to other users, especially in live public statements, are unacceptable. They should be condemned and a reason to block such a user.…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Hello, I have been a Twitch user for the past 5ish years. I am genuinely curious how some streamers are allowed to go AFK just about every single day for hours on end and just farm their chat. I didn't come to specifically report any single person but Amouranth is the most popular person I know getting away with this. She starts streaming then eventually makes up an excuse to get off camera and doesn't return for literal hours. Doing this she still brings in easily over 6,000 viewers each time. I am genuinely curious how people like her are…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. The current system for banning people who are underage is really really bad, it just takes you to type something like "im 12" or "im 12th" and you get insta banned in 2-3 minutes by a bot right after someone reports you, no staff checks it if its true or false. Maybe add a age verification system or something to prevent false bans. I appealed mine, sent proof of age and it took 1month to reject my appeal (I guess 19 is underage now). Nice job twitch.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I have found a username that appears to be available but is blocked within your system due to an error.

The error shown is: "This user name may be offensive and is not allowed."

I have attempted to report this several times since October and have been met with the same policies regarding recycling and name changes when it does not apply to this situation.

If there is one name that is incorrectly being caught in your filter I'd assume other users may have this problem as well. If a username IS available and IS appropriate for use then I…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    More Info Needed  ·  Twitch responded

Hey there, 

What username are you trying to use that is getting caught? I can reach out to our team to troubleshoot what's going on with this. 

10. This entire concept is counter productive and makes the chat experience awkward. I understand that streamers do this to prevent kids from being in mature streams but this actually makes this problem worse because now you have a bunch of potential children watching adult streams and they know not to mention their age! What is the logic here?!?! Plus mature adults want to know how old the people are that they're chatting with. It's a very common topic and something that people WANT to know since the beginning of the internet , A/S/L ? Age chat should NOT be discouraged…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Commenters shouldn't have the power to have a channel flagged or worse, the person who commented should have their account penalized so that the community has a cleaner chat due to less people wanting to have their own account held accountable for their own actions

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I reported many troll / abuser / Guide breaker account via the reporting system with logs, but till now, none were banned from Twitch! Can you please work faster and make better the community with real bans?

It is not too hard probably to collect the information, and do a ban.

Thank you!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. there was a lot of hate raids going on when twitch made artistic nudity allowed but the hate raids went after all of them. then twitch went an didn't define the rule enough like to a point for all to know what is allowed. twitch should send everyone a email and send announcements of such of a change to all their users in the notifications. not everyone is going to go to the page of the updates. so twitch you should really define what was allowed for the next rule changes for any thing you decide to do period. besides…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Evite que usuários banidos e bloqueados assistam às suas transmissões ao vivo !

Desculpa mais isso não é meio que desperdiço de linhas de código, pois o intuito da plataforma twitch é que o streaming levar o conteúdo dele ao máximo de usuários possível, "a ditadura era mas suave ", e outra coisa cadê a parte contraria o usuário também não receber notificações do streaming que ele não quer ver ? isso é uma via de mão dupla !
    Agora pra finalizar o que me impede de assistir na aba anônima ou deslogado ?
    Se for pra desperdiças linhas de…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. As a new twitch streamer i found so difficulty to reach avg 75viewers to get twitch patner for transcoding quality options . But transcoding quality option is available for twitch affliates although its not guarantee which feels so unfair to me like some of them get it and some others wont get it . Either give it to everyone or remove it for all twitch affliates . It feels so biased . Atleast provide subscription monthly and yearly plan payment method to get transcoding quality options is what all i need.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I don't know, if I am right here. I am a new streamer on Twitch and someone was in the chat and took my number to request a call back. So I was called from 10 different numbers or more during the stream. Then I said, that I will stop here, because I can't work like this and someone commented: Defeated. It is all becaus people want to stop other people from streaming. How could that happen here? Do something against these idiots.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Dear Stream Colleagues.
    Twitch Ban headless streamers, those who are offline themselves.
    25 streamers Banned Were without any proof of live.

Copy from a Banned streamer. ( Name i am know it keep it for me self )
    DANGER!!!
    There is currently a group (usually 20-30 people) on Twitch who go into small streams and be friendly there and then start posting swastikas and insults. The people belong to the NWO and communicate on Telegram and choose victims on Twitch together.

Twitch sometimes bans the respective streamers because the group takes screenshots of them and sends them to Twitch.

25…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Earlier today was victim to a hacked game account after following a link in the description of a channel, normally i do tend to be very careful but i was caught out by the fact it was top trending/most viewers of that specific game. By using a clip from an official stream they managed to dupe myself and probably plenty others. Now the blame is definitely on myself for not double checking but i do feel there must be a simple way to avoid these type of "con's" ... even if just putting a sizable delay on the visible amount…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I shouldn't need to have a reportable reason to block a stream from my view.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?