Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Safety

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Safety

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

174 results found

1. Recentemente no Brasil presenciamos um acontecimento onde um Streamer foi roubado ao vivo em sua casa durante uma transmissão.
    Pensando no acontecido, tive a ideia de sugerir a vocês uma sistema de Segurança para o streamer.
    Através do cadastro no qual todo streamer precisa preencher para ingressar na plataforma Twitch (contendo diversas informações como endereço de onde reside), são informações fundamentais para que as autoridades cheguem ao local o mais rápido possível.
    O sistema é bem simples, basta cada canal de transmissão possuir um "botão de emergência" que aparecerá durante a transmissão.
    Caso algum espectador ative o botão, um membro…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Its quite easy, just make new accounts cant give follow. This would help
    It's like, im being harassed constantly by trolls that make fake accounts with very offensive names and they give me follow. so the alert plops and here we go again.

Like the " Followers " only option in the chat config by 1 week, 1 month, or ETC
    i would find this option very useful. and maybe this will discourage trolling and fake account creation

Also, pretty please... i cant whitstand anymore. those trolls are buying follow-bots... last day were about 6000... im very worried

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I have come to understand that for streamers trying to avoid giving away too much information about themselves, they will get a PO Box 30-45 minutes away from their homes. Since twitch is in the Amazon family, it seems like there could be a service streamer could pay for to have mail go to a generic location in the basic region (could correspond to Amazon shipping locations) and then they could get items from user delivered with Amazon packages. That would allow the content creators to receive items in a safer way.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. As you might have expereinced, when chat is moving fast but someone needs a message deleted or timedout/banned mods can sometimes missclick due to the fast moving chat, now while we do have the pause chat option this can still happen due to a flinch or a nudge from a pet or someone else, what I am suggesting is an undelete/restore function within the chat for mods.

If someone was banned by accident or timedout all their messages are purged, but how about when you undo the mistken action you have the option to restore that persons messages within the…

93 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. From what I've heard people have been getting host-botted. High amount of hosts from bots at one time, to where the streamer can't go live.
    Hosting/raiding is a big part of this community, and I think if this is happening then we could really use people looking into how to prevent it.
    Thanks,
    Rivvr

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. If Twitch won't filter (or ban) usernames containing personal information, perhaps streamers could blacklist names containing certain words/#s/etc.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I was watching project nightfall’s video on IG about women who get harassed while doing a livestream. It reminded me of how a number of times I watch such incidences and most of the time the streamers are left speechless and unsure of how to act. From the various incidents recorded, I noticed a couple of patterns which occurred and thought to take advantage of them:
    a) The culprits faces were visible for at least 10 seconds.
    b) There were people around using their devices. What are the odds they are subscribed to twitch or another social media platform?

Inspired…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I need twitch to support this idea. I'm new and my most recent chat who chatted about suicide. I don't know how to get them the help they need. I'm not comfortable with the topic. We need ads or something like this to point out help. Not just for Americans but world wide.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Web cam view is requested for streamers who streamed more than three hours. For safety reasons so the streamer won't fall alseep live and harmed themselves.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. A button you press in Twitch Dashboard when you are offline that makes it so that you enter the testing mode. In testing mode, you can see your stream as if someone else was but without actually going live to the public. To show that you are in testing mode all the Twitch stats Will change to say "Testing mode". You will be able to see bitrate stats and change how your channel looks. It would also be cool if you could get a shareable link that you could give to your friend so that he can see what it…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Olá, Gostaria que fossem inclusos na conduta de assédios a idade e a posição sócio econômica e deixassem claro quanto aos pedidos no chat

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I heard at Twitchcon last year that there will be full support in the art field.

I want to draw with adult content, but I can't. There is no adult authentication system.

I just waited because I believed you'll improve it

So was there any improvement? no

As time goes by, the standards of adult content become more stringent.

If I draw a nude model right now, You guys will stop my broadcast

I want more free art activities. That is why we require an adult authentication system.

If not, I hope you improve it soon

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. ich fände es sehr gut wenn man leute die nur am trollen sind komplett bannen könnte... so das sie überhauptnicht mehr auf den stream zugreifen können

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. a viewer that me and my partner in streaming (Ryuu101) share has multiple accounts, more than 13 and they keep on being toxic, and no matter how many times we ban or time them out they keep coming back. it isn't an issue with me, but they are stressing Ryuu101 out, and i don't like seeing people doing this kind of stuff to other people so something needs to be done, or at least a professional can tell her what she needs to do. they go by many names, but the main two are randomidiot, and Fo1x123452. the fox account…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. There is a strong contingency of mods or folks that work in community development and support that would be willing to help make this process faster and more streamlined. Whether it's part-time work, pay by report, or even a volunteer position to start, you have the ability to keep that human feel Emmett was so passionate about, give the community a chance to directly enhance the platform they enjoy, and help you in the long run.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. предлагаю разрешить стримить только лицам достигшим 18-летия.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. It would be good to have an option of a 'sort by' on the lists of "Username", "Added by" and "Time Banned".

When you go to your "Banned Users" list (Dashboard > Preferences > Moderation > Banned Chatters) the bans are in a totally random order. This makes it harder to sort out the list.

This will make it much easier to find a banned user, sort out your moderator team and see when you have the most bans, etc.

Thank you for reading and I hope this feature can be added, to give us streamers more flexibility.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. It would be nice if when you time out, ban or delete a message a report button shows up next to the users name. As a moderator I would like there to be an easier way to report a users message to Twitch.
    Currently when ever you time out, ban or delete a message (using the Mod Icons that show up when the “Show Mod Icons“ setting is enabled) the user receives the punishment and the delete message button disappears no matter what punishment you give. It would be nice if when a message is deleted there is a report…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. as someone who makes mistakes on the frequent, just because its who i am. i get going forward and dont look back at times to just press on but unfortunetely sometimes i miss something, and want hard proof or evidence of the facts.

Im suggesting that people who are banned be able to create a localised twitch clip on the span of 5 or so minutes to clip of a stream theyre banned for, to allow for the submission of proof in both reports and unban requests.

i know i sometimes forget things, and people cant remember everything all the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. . Commenting Anti Abuse

-channel owner MAC Blocking controls
    : platforms should allow channel owners to have controls, where thy can see username to MAC address allowing them to block/unblock accounts-MAC Pairs.

-Protected Chat
    Channel who opt-in to have their chat protected,will have the controls to approve/revoke the user-MAC Pair globally and the platform would remember the decisions, so channel owners wouldn’t have to approved after each stream.

-Highlight Known Banned Accounts
    Accounts who have been allowed back from a previous Platform ban or who have been channel banned from another channel should be highlighted in the chat for a…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?