Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Safety

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Safety

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

174 results found

1. Although not strictly limited to it being for safety reasons, having an option to download Twitch Whisper chat history as a .txt file is a feature that is missing from Twitch. It would be an extremely useful tool for reporting any harassment that occurs, particularly if there has been a long history of infrequent messages. I'm sure there are other uses for this tool that are not related to harassment too; but it just seems like a feature that is available on a number of other social media platforms, but is misisng on Twitch.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. If you want to talk about reinstating chat rights to someone who thinks they've been wrongly chat banned, there should be some way to get a hold of this person, especially from more than 5 years ago.

So twitch streamers don't have to give out their private email addresses they should be given a public email address that ends in twitch.tv. , Maybe @user.twitch.TV to differentiate it from corporate people who write from twitch?

That way they could deal with administration of their twitch stream fairly and honestly without involving the chatting public.

This was based on my experiences over…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Sometimes Twitch might recommend a channel, and we go there, dedicate much effort to good participation in it, support the streamer by using the Amazon link, then for no apparent reason, suddenly we have a notice that our account is permanently banned. This could ruin almost one month of a subscription, perhaps even more.

If ordinary users have a little power too, to access a channel's ban rate for example, then we might know to be wary about dedicating ourselves as much to the channel, and perhaps not even to subscribe to that particular channel.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Please add a feature that allows the Streamer to manually remove followers. Banning a user doesn't remove them from your followers list anymore. Users are still able to receive notifications of all of your activity, or in the case of stalkers and ban evaders, they just create new accounts to follow you around to receive these notifications and keep tabs on you.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Given the widespread use of hostile bots on Twitch right now by bad actors, particularly those targeting LGBTQIA+ and BIPOC communities, it would be great if we could have a RegEx pattern block/ban/follow restriction option. A number of the accounts being spun up for the purpose of harassing and stealing the identities of streamers have consistent name patterns, and being able to issue a regex block/ban on those patterns would be useful.

This sort of feature would obviously be something that streamers would have to use at their own risk. Overly inclusive block/ban patterns could potentially limit legitimate viewers. But…

186 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Le streamhack est un problème récurrent surtout sur LoL et LoL est un des jeux star de Twitch.
    Il pourrai peut-être se régler par grâce à la liaison de notre compte LoL à twitch. Étant donné que notre compte LoL est lié à Twitch, on pourrai tout simplement comparé les deux (celui du viewer et du streamer) pour savoir si le pseudo/compte est dans la même game que celui du streamer.
    Rendre obligatoire la liaison du compte Twitch et LoL dans le cas où le viewer à Lol de lancer sur son device (Discord récupère cette info alors j'imagine qu'on…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. When a streamer is suspended or banned, that streamer has no idea what the actual violation was and when it took place.

The violation is too vague and doesn't offer any specific details to the streamer and they have no idea when the specific violation took place. This is something streamers need so they don't make the same mistake again. If the TOS and Community Violations are being clarified, the same should go for the reason why a streamer was banned.

A clearer understanding of the rules should come with a clearer understanding of when a violation occurred and will…

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Blocking channel point redeems from being used during active Shield Mode, so bot raids cannot use channel point redeems to spam.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. CUANDO SE ABRE UN TICKET O DENUNCIA A OTRO USUARIO DEBERÍA SER REVISADOS SUS VIDEOS DE DIRECTOS Y CHAT SI SE DENUNCIA MUCHAS VECES,REVISION EN PROFUNDIDAD Y SUSPENSION DEL CANAL

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. channels blocked still have me under as a recommended streamer on their account. i want to be removed as a recommendation and to have no affiliation with their channel whatsoever.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. A mode that is only accessible to verified adults where adults can stream adult content or watch it, adult games are still video games. Adults shouldn't be thrown under the bus just because they like that content and after that one woman got banned twice for having sex live on twitch and came back in short order after raking in obscene money in the process.

Now I don't have an issue with the act itself what two consenting adults do is up to them. Its mainly the wonky enforcement.

So instead of twitch being two faced about it just make…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. There should be an option on Twitch to report moderators that are going on power trips and abusing their power. There are some viewers on Twitch who are getting wrongfully and unfairly banned from chats, or are getting sent derogatory messages from a moderator after sending an unban request. If a mod abuses their status as a moderator, then there should be some sort of form that allows viewers who have been unfairly banned and even been picked on by certain mods to send a complaint to have the specific mod in question investigated, even if they don't actually know…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I started checking out lower viewer count streamers and noticed a trend of groups of people targeting new streamers with fake donation messages.

e.g. Username: has donated $1500.00! :TwitchVotes:

They use the TwitchVotes emote to make the message to make it look legitimate, as it's a Twitch icon with a checkmark. They use these donations to pressure people into doing things, everything from small pranks, to more dangerous stuff, to more sexual requests. It's surprisingly effective, as a lot of these people are non-technical or new to streaming, and feel pressured into doing these dares. I've reported these users, but…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. So I came to this conclusion when I saw the recent event that has taken place in a streamer stream that was called "Nadia" she exposed a user first and last name throughout the stream and even if she was banned for that. Not questioning the sentence whatsoever I think that this type of information should absolutely not be shown to any user of this platform and that, even to the person we donated to. Because even if twitch do explain and incite people to take legal action if doxing happens to them, i think that is not enough because…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. A potential new safety feature for Twitch could be a mandatory cooldown period between streams for new and/or unverified accounts. This cooldown period would require a user to wait a certain amount of time, such as 24-48 hours, before they are able to stream again.

This feature is needed because it can help prevent malicious or harmful content from being streamed on the platform. It's not uncommon for new or unverified accounts to be created for the sole purpose of trolling, harassing, or otherwise violating Twitch's community guidelines. By implementing a mandatory cooldown period, Twitch can give its moderation team…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I would like you to ban the name Karen when used as a term of abuse and harassment. Knowing people named Karen, who are very sweet people, it upsets me to see others use their name is such ways. I feel the use of any name as a term for bullying is wrong, especially considering my own experiences with bullying due to my name.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Twitch should offer all users the option to print a QR code they can post in the window of their home that when scanned reads "THIS HOUSE IS OCCUPIED BY TWITCH STREAMER [Link to their specific account] - LAW ENFORCEMENT, PLEASE VERIFY WHETHER THIS ACCOUNT IS STREAMING BEFORE ENTERING THE HOME"

This would 1) potentially reduce the incidence of injuries sustained through swatting, and 2) be a responsible and easy way for Twitch to show they want to give their users the ability to protect themselves while streaming.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Hello Twitch staff, I suggest you moderate some of the categories like:
    https://www.twitch.tv/directory/game/Lineage%202

In this category, half of the channels are view-botted server promotions which makes no sense. The channels get views by view-botting and embing their channels to their main webpages. Some of the channels stay on top of the list for 24/7. I don't know if other categories have the same issue, but at least this Lineage2 category is full of promoters. If there would be a function specifically to report the Promoted-view botted channel, this would help to make the platform more cleaner.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Ana responded

Hello there,

I would like to let you know that you can report channels in the manner you have described. Simply click on the three-dot icon and select the report option. You will be prompted through some reasons. To report bots, you can select Live Stream and then under "Why are you submitting this report?", you can select "Search" and type in "Bots" and follow the rest of the required input instructions. Hope this helps.

19. "Twitch Streamers Crisis Center": I think that you should create an online "Crisis Center" of sorts to support Twitch streamers who may be experiencing substance abuse issues or homelessness. You could include within that "Center" a "Housing Support" listing advertisements for available housing or roommates wanted. "Housing Support" could also include a roommate pairing service. It could also include a section for supportive chat which would provide both group therapy chat and chat aimed at helping streamers to make friends (and find a "family" of sorts online). You could include an "Opportunities Outside Twitch" section which would help streamers who…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. The Twitch Rule enforcement system needs to be updated. The hardline enforcement is incompatible with the "per-case" approach when it comes to users being reported on the platform.

I believe that the system in its current state makes it too easy for bad actors to abuse the reporting system and use it as a means to remove streamers for violations that didn't happen, and I also believe that it makes it harder for streamers to defend the violations (via appeals), as when a streamer is suspended/banned they cannot review their VODs to see if or even when a violation took…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?