Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Safety

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Safety

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

71 results found

1. Make rule sets of automod strictness, whereas each set is applied to a type of viewer determined by streamer. For example:
    - Followed less than a week ago: Very strict.
    - Followed more than 6 months ago: Less strict.
    - Subscribed for 5 years straight and <2 timeouts: No auto-moderation.

The main problem with a universal automod rule set (i.e. current automod, as of Dec 2021) is that when a flaggable word is used with amicable intent by a loyal viewer and then manually permitted by a mod, the same permitted word can now be used maliciously by bots and…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Automod  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Hi so I wanted to get into streaming but the idea of getting doxxed is sketchy.
    Twitch runs on AWS which is a large cloud platform. Part of that platform is a service called Amazon Comprehend. Comprehend tries to detect if data is personal info, like addresses, etc.

https://aws.amazon.com/blogs/machine-learning/detecting-and-redacting-pii-using-amazon-comprehend/

It would be super cool if this could be integrated into the AutoMod so doxxing can't happen as easily.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. There is already a suggestion to ban the word r*tard. I'd like to expand on that suggestion, however. Thinking objectively, there are many words and phrases that are technically against TOS for the same reason, yet they are still commonly used.

I am NOT insisting that all these words and phrases be barred from use. I am saying their regulation should be considered. Either that or their use should be explicitly permitted in TOS. The current situation does nothing to protect the streamers who could, at Twitch's discretion, be punished for using these words and it does nothing to protect…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Automod  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Tonight we found out that with Automod turned off the word "classroom" is being banned from chat. I have even added the word to the automod whitelist/permitted terms and it still banned. Come on twitch. If a streamer wishes to turn off Automod that is their choice. There should not be a hidden banned list of words.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. If a username is shown on twitch then it should be allowed in a poll without tripping the content feature. I often run fun competitions with my viewers where the results can be determined by a poll.

Unfortunately some of my viewers' usernames are not permitted in polls, even though they can chat freely in chat without censorship.

I don't want to add the 18+/Mature tag to these streams to allow a poll to happen and to have to change a username for a poll, while it can work, is both inelegant and makes the polling API almost useless.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I want to use the name of a game in the stream title but the dashboard won't let me. For whatever reason "Kula" World, a properly existing videogame, is not allowed in the title (same for the notifications). Great, so I cannot let people (most of all, my followers) know I'm playing that game.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. When automod was updated the term Noob was added in as a derogatory term. Unfortunately that's a part of my name so for a long time whenever someone used the term Noob with a different word before or after it, it would get flagged by automod and one of my moderators or myself would have to manually allow the message through. This is also a problem when I'm in my friend's streams if they haven't added that specific phrase to their "safe words" list.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I've changed all if the allowed word and moderator settings but still cannot add that I am a ****** cancer survivor. I can write boobie cancer or b r e a s t cancer and I find this incredibly offensive, ridiculous, and frustrating

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Hello

Is there and option to show us which word is the trouble word during creation of poll or predictions ?

I am moderator on few non-english streams and I am pretty often getting an error during creation of polls or predictions that some word in it is not in compliance with twitch and I have no idea which word it is as they are mostly commonly used words in other language.

So my question is there an option to show us which word is the wrong one so we can quickly change it and not spend 5-10 minutes trying…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Is there a way to replace an offensive word with new characters or text? Example : The word "****" would be replaced with "@#$%". Is this something that can be done already?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Ever since July we had to scale down Automod to (lowest) on chat to lowest filtering, and yet the chat language German the automod manges to find and put serval perfectly normal words as held for review... As potential slurs...

For example:
    - Every chat message containing "wenig / weniger" the German words for "few and fewer", "Kleinigkeit" the German word for "small thing", "Abonent/Abonement" the German words for "Subscriber and Subscription", "eine große Anstrengung" German for "a big effort"

Is there any hope of Twitch connecting the set stream language to the the strictness Automod?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Make automod phrases to work only, when the channel is online or offline or both. (Add a checkbox next to the phrases)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. There is a pop artist from the 80's who's music i might mention on occasion or make song requests in the appropriate streams. However as soon as i mention that name, i ALWAYS get punished by automod. i can never successfully post that name.
    it is the name of an artist who sung classics, such as: "the riddle", "i won't let the sun go down", "would'nt it be good".
    However automod instantly thinks his name is an attempt at getting around the spelling of a highly popular banned word.
    This disruption by automod prevents these songs from being played when…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. The AutoMod/Blocked Terms filter currently only interprets messages for exactly matching the text somewhere within the message. With the only dynamic function is an asterisk (*) character acting as a wildcard to replace any number of simple characters at that point in the sequence. This does not include spaces or international similar characters however so all a user or bot needs to do is space a word out and it will require an entire new rule if not multiple.

For example a bot site with 3 words to it's name is being posted by bots often. These sites also use…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Unsure what happened, but I cannot Whisper anymore.... Whisper says don't share personal info; got it, sharing passwords is st00pid. I sent my websites and phone number to those I wanted to collaborate with on coding projects for emoji.. There is nothing to appeal in the Appeals Center (appeals.twitch.tv), no notices given, and no information on any of these pages that I can find. I've searched and searched. I started this to expand my connections and play for the whole world. A basic tool has been removed from my kit, and I've lost messages forgetting it eats my Whispers. Please…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Addition to the New Shared User system, Adding to the Automod system.
    If someone is monitored in a chat im sharing with or shared with, and they come to my chat or to theirs, their message first message/Messages should be automatically AutoModded regardless of circumstances.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. It would be great if we could set up Automod with a list of words we don't want to see in the chat when discovering a game.

For instance, if we had a "monitored words" list alongside forbidden and allowed words (with a toggle button so moderators can activate or deactivate this list), mods would be able to delete the message before the streamer could see it.

Of course, we could use the forbidden words list. But first, moderators are not aware of people trying to use ban words (so anybody can find a way to write what they want…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. ecently, we have noticed a number of malicious users posting obscene comments, reporting the channel, and having the channel suspended.
    When the distributor is busy or the moderator is unavailable, the channel is suspended before the comment can be deleted.
    We request an AutoMod for the number of characters in comments to prevent this behavior.
    If the number of characters is too large, we would like it to be put on hold.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. It's kind of crazy that this is even allowed to be used. It's used by the Dutch audience when there is Dutch content or a Dutch sounding person on stream.

I get that they want to be like PogU a Dutch person but using "Gekoloniseerd" is not the appropriate way of doing it. Colonization has deep rooted history in ***** trade and the repression/massacre of native people.

I would like to see Twitch put in changes to prevent this from being used.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Hi there,

As an IRL fishing streamer - The word S***o is a very common nickname used for Samson fish that I catch (Please just Google Samson Fish nickname, I don't wish to get into trouble). You will find that 99/100 Australians will call it this nickname, probably me being the only 1 who will now only refer to it as Samson. It is going to be very difficult to avoid audio capturing of someone using the nickname for this fish live on my streams, when I engage with random people in public.

This only just came to light recently…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?