Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Safety

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Safety

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

72 results found

1. If a viewer breaks a rule 3 (or some set amount of) times in chat, Automod should then go ahead and ban the user permanently for the streamer.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Automod  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Allow streamers to pre-emptively ban and block new followers if they include certain words in their username.

This is to avoid follows by bots.

I have been swarmed by bots containing the word "hoss" and it's proving overwhelming.

By implementing this feature as an option in the automod, we would be able to apply a Regex filter preventing these bots from following.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Automod  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. The blocked terms automatically filters uppercase and lowercase together for all entries. It would be great to have a tick box to decide if we want to block terms with a single specific capitalization (teSt) or all possible ones (test, Test, TEst, etc..).

Example: for blocking specific words using L lowercase as a misused i (TWlTCH=> TWLTCH => TWITCH). This can apply to links with specific capitalization, emotes and more.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. It would be nice to get some examples of what will be removed for each filter level, on each filter topic. The info given at the "learn more" page is rather vague, and as someone who's now been given 8 filter topics instead of 4, I'd like to see some clearer info on what each filter level actually does now that the topics are a lot more specific.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Automod  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Treat similar looking character as identical when checking blocked words to prevent automod evasion.

So if the word "Apple" is blocked, the word "Àṗṗĺĕ" would be blocked too.

Blocking every variation of a word would literally take 76 days at 100 terms per 30 seconds (rate limit by Twitch). This is for obvious reasons not a solution. And the current moderation tools are thus obviously insufficiant.

https://twitter.com/thomsimonson/status/1429472208506822659

This feature request is in response to the ongoing hate-raids mainly targeted at LGBTQIA+ people

twitchdobetter

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Messages flagged by AutoMod are pinned to the bottom of the chat till assessed by a moderator or by the streamer.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Enabling the ability for streamers to upload/download lists of banned terms via .csv or text files would:

1. Allow streamers to easily add banned terms to their list, as currently, the only way to add banned terms is to type them in one by one.

2. Allow communities of streamers to share their list banned terms with each other to create a more comprehensive list of banned terms specific to that community

3. Allow streamers to edit their banned terms in a more flexible format

Altogether, it would allow for much more flexibility and less headache with banned terms.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. New accounts cannot because created with the word "grape" in it and will automatically trigger a red flag. I know this is nonsensical for some, but my name online has always had the word "Grape" in it because it is my last name. I'd love to create an account with the word "grape" in it. But apparently it's too close to word word "Rape" so it automatically won't let you put the word in your name.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Add the Russian language to AutoMod, because I am a Russian-speaking streamer and I want to add this function, because there are viewers who offend in Russian with profanity in chat and I want AutoMod to delay them in a private message and in a chat. Thank you for understanding.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. So I'm not sure in which cases the wildcard-term ban doesn't work correctly, but on a channel I'm moderating we would like to block the "^^" smiley, unfortunately blocking "*^^", "^^*" or "*^^*" doesn't solve the problem. I suspect that there is a general problem with special characters in wildcard terms.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Automod  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Rather than removing emotes, create a chat filter that checks
    emote tags. When approving emotes, apply rating tag to emotes that could be considered "sexual/explicit", these would be filtered out in channels that haven't enabled the 18+ notification.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. A section similar to Mod Actions, that shows when someone tries to type a word/phrase that is in the blocked terms list. It should show who is trying to send a message containing a blocked term, and it should show what the word/phrase is. I believe this would greatly help mods, moderate people who try to use inappropriate language. I know this is similar to Automod, but Automod doesn't show blocked terms being typed. So the issue is, someone could, for example, try to spam the n-word (or another commonly blocked term) but it would never go through, and then…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Remove prediction content guideline check on different languages than English or please remove it completely! Again, you think English is the only language what every people speak on the Earth!

Can you tell me what is wrong with this text in your opinion? What guide is broken with the text: "Crazynek lesz 3 kill-je a mérkőzésen?"

So, please remove ASAP, as we can not write good content because of your restrictions!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. This is no an idea this is purely a complaint as every other method of getting in touch about this issue has been ignored and it is really starting to get on my nerves.
    I have had my account since march 2014 but only started streaming in Jan of 2019. In all that time i have never had any issues with my name being auto modded until around 2 months ago when it started to get auto modded everywhere, this ruins my raids, my general interaction in peoples chats because if someone replies to me with my name, one of…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Currently "Blocked terms and phrases" section of AutoMod settings in production works significantly different from its specification documented here: https://help.twitch.tv/s/article/how-to-manage-harassment-in-chat?language=en_US#UsetheChannelBannedTermssFilter and here: https://help.twitch.tv/s/article/how-to-use-automod#BlockedandPermitted
    Adding "apple banana" to blocked phrases currently will NOT block in chat phrases like "apple and banana" and "banana apple" making it essentially useless for blocking PHRASES, so currently only TERMS blocking is operational. Adding "apple * banana" will block "apple and banana" but will allow "apple and the banana". This functionality was previously working as documented and was altered around 7 months ago. Please either update documentation to reflect that blocking phases is no longer possible…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Automod could be used to filter links on chat so the mods and streamer could allow or deny instead of using bots to timeout everyone who send links having to ask !permit before they can send links

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. When Automod has moderated a word - and the item is at the bottom of chat - clicking on the "****" will bring up a popup menu that is incomplete and will not let you see the rest of the message to determine if you would like to allow the blocked text.

I should not have to wait for 5-6 more people to send messages to be able to review whether I want to see a specific blocked word - I should be able to make a judgement with it as the latest message.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. This function is intended for filtering political discussions or statements in the chat.
    To this day, the streamer still has to point out in order to prevent such things in the chat. It is also not uncommon for political debates to continue in the same stream. So the creator and moderators need to watch out for people who don't follow the streamer's words.
    This function can help the creator and moderators to keep the chat clean.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. How is such a large company so utterly incompetent, it is honestly ridiculous. i posted this message and it was denied due to conflicts?

"i guess the perspective he draws at makes it hard to convey"

what in this message was at all problematic??

Am i meant to guess what the random naughty word is? Why dont you say what isn't allowed. truly insane.

also the effort to fine this forum is excessive.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. The current solution for automod is not customizable. It bases a lot of rules on sliders without allowing users to customize wordlists per rule. This is why people use external bots for stuff like this. But that introduces a problem of messages still going into chat.

Streamers/mods need the ability to specify rule:
    - Name
    - To who rule applies for (ability to exclude vips/subs (per tier))
    - Wordlist/regex/limiters (caps/emotes/repeating words)

If this would be too much work at least expose the ability to connect to the interface that stops message before it gets sent so people can connect their…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?