Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Safety

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Safety

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

214 results found

1. An account that has been indefinitely suspended from Twitch has most likely committed a serious violation of Twitch's policies.
    However, the suspended account creates another account and broadcasts, or the suspended account's audio and video are still broadcast on other streamers' channels.
    Recently, there was a case where a suspended streamer purchased Twitch Con tickets with a different account and entered without permission, resulting in his colleagues being suspended for supporting “Suspension Evasion”
    Currently, many streamers are violating the "Suspension Evasion" policy.
    The “Suspension Evasion” policy needs to be updated in detail.
    This policy affects credibility, so sanctions should be…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. This has been going on for years, yet for some reason Twitch cant seem to block these phrases from being used to harass VETERANS who are just enjoying their time on twitch. They literally block words like GTFO which is a game on steam and many other phrases that can be used to target other people, races and genders yet something like this gets through? What if a person killed them self because of this harassment? Would twitch do something then or would they be held liable along with the person that's harassing the veteran? Much like the girl who…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Game skin gambling was added to the guidelines a while ago.
    Skin gambling on all games, including RUST, as well as CSGO should be banned.
    Guidelines need to be updated.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Quite simple. Proper moderation of content and people that allegedly Break ToS i.e. by breaking laws in a multitude of countries. why are some channels that are spitting hatred against people of a particular skincolor, Religion, nationality etc. not removed from this Platform, even after years and multiple complains etc.
    Inciting violence is not free speach but a crime in most countries.

And offering a proper contact form like idk any other company? Cant be that hard can it?
    Oh and why would i need an account to contact, suggest something or complain? Hope one day yall get the consequences…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. The issue I have is the constant misuse of the Terms of Services that Twitch uses for channels. I have been seeing favoritism in constant suspensions and de-suspensions of this user for quite some time. Constantly this user has disregarded the ToS of Twitch time and time again. 7 Bans are made public but merely they are short lived suspensions.

This does not bode well showcasing the truth/integrity/honesty of the services Twitch provides. In fact, it is quite harrowing how some users have leeway more than others. The more successful they are. The richer they are. The more apparent the…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Just wanted to bring attention to how many pre recorded scam streams are happening at "Pools, Hot Tubs & Beaches" IRL streams. I went through and saw 7 of the same exact stream across 7 different "Users" all have a scam link attached to the stream title and are all probably stolen and pre recorded streams. This leaves uninformed users vulnerable to falling for these traps.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. At what point do you compare your own TOS and Conduct rules against what shows up on your main page of streamers? You let string bikinis, but some random thing gets reported by some troll and it's a ban. Then they wait months to get a human to respond as vague as possible because you don't want to be legally responsible for specificity. You created an 18+ option for a reason. Be consistent or let it go. You're tanking as a platform because of your inconsistency. Read the writing on the walls. Time to go back to basics, when your…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. "Hateful conduct is any content or activity that promotes or encourages discrimination, denigration, harassment, or violence based on the following protected characteristics: race, ethnicity, color, caste, national origin, immigration status, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, serious medical condition, and veteran status." - Twitch Community Guidelines (As of 30 September 2021)

By that metric, global emotes such as "TriHard" and "cmonBruh" should be removed as they primarily serve to spread anti-black racism throughout the community. Any honest twitch user can attest to this. I see no reasonable excuse for keeping them.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. As Slot / Gambling Streamers appear more and more there should be a safety option for those none streaming people that are gambling. There should be a way to step out lock down the Slot categorys and channels for 30 days / 90 days / 1 year to help those people stepping away from gambling. Slot streamers are a big risk for everyone… specialy for young people. Most people think they can do the same and win every day and it is very easy to get to the same status as the streamer cash wise… But most of them will…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I'm going to say this once, I want ALL body shaming to be bannable offenses. If I don't mention certain types of body shaming, please don't think that means I don't take it seriously or that I think it should not be included. I decided to make this post after finding out that you get emails whenever a report leads to action being taken. That means 95% of the reports I have made against body shaming IN THE LAST 2 YEARS have had no action taken.

Yesterday I unfollowed yet another streamer who didn't moderate body shaming in their chat…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. We're in a new day and age where woman are able to do the same things/get the same things as men. One of those things is being able to show our torso. This includes being able to show our breasts. Laws have passed to allow women to be topless in public.

If women are legally allowed to be topless in public, why are we told to cover our nipples and the areas around? I don't agree that we should have to cover our nipples. Why should we when men can?

Twitch should allow women to be comfortable in their own…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Twitch needs an algorithm similar to tiktok or YouTube to reccomend creators to viewers based on analytics. To improve visibility and exposure for new content creators. Also we need an appeal process for dmca and other reportable offenses such as offensive and racially insensitive languages. Its not uncommon for other player in game to use such language or have loud music coming in through their microphones. Conduct not originating from the creator should not be grounds for community guidlines violations.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. You are experiencing a backlash regarding your nonsensical attire rules because you are so out of touch. Drop them, modern platforms must be the bastions of free expression and not support outrageous suppression of expression.

The only restriction necessary to comply with general law is that no one under the age of 18 is allowed to expose themselves in a ****** manner. You might try to restrict content to underage users but frankly, those users interested in such content will get it and it will not appeal to those not interested. Those interested in such content are merely expressing their…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. The ToS says that you can't endanger yourself or break the law or consume illicit drugs, as marijuana has become legal in many states and legal medically in many more it seems obvious that accounts promoting safe consumption, creation, and general education about marijuana should be allowed and appreciated as opposed to banned as if they were promoting illegal behavior. There is a lot of this content on youtube already and it could exist here on twitch in a live format that would allow people to ask questions and actually get a response in real time.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. hi twitch, i was managing my own clips in creator dashboard and at the end of all my clips, 2 streams popped up as recommendation in Just Chatting (as i was managing my Just Chatting clips) and were both from the same creator; the thumbnails were of her naked with her legs and chest exposed (but nipples out of screen). i was slightly taken aback, you know, as my monitor is huge, and it is 4am, and i was not ready to see such nudity while casually editing clips and unwinding from a stream.

i'm female, and i don't care…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Suggested Guidelines for Artistic Nudity

While it was sad to see the Artistic Nudity policy get rolled back due to abuse, I do believe it can be brought back with a clearer definition and key restrictions in place.

I have a framework of the policy that I think can be useful.

Artistic Nudity Guidelines

"Artistic Nudity" refers to nude artwork, i.e. Nude art that does not feature or detail genitals of either sex/gender and female subjects with exposed breasts or nipples.
    Drawings, paintings, digital or canvas are allowed to feature Artistic nudity, provided the art does not incorporate the depiction…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I understand that with AI that it became difficult to tell the difference between digital art and photography. Since that seemed to be the greatest source of issues, it seems like the best concession might be to disallow photo realistic nudity until a time when the difference between photo realistic AI art and photography can be more easily identified. Outside of that, I would say requiring explicit and age appropriate tags and making it so you have to opt in to see adult media in the setting should be enough to allow artistic nudity. If there are any other issues…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Digital depictions of nudity present a unique challenge–AI can be used to create realistic images, and it can be hard to distinguish between digital art and photography.

Most art sites have a stipulation of "if we can't tell, it's treated as real." The current flip flop is just going to confuse people and cause undue stress and accidental violations by people meaning well.

IE. Pixiv: (not allowed)

Images that are primarily real-life photographs, regardless of the use of filters or photo editing (*)
    Real-life photographs or photo-realistic images that can be interpreted as sexual content

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. There's nothing inherently wrong with women (including those who identify as women and female presenting people) with having breasts/nipples.

We all as humans have nipples. Just because someone is a woman, that does not mean she should be required to cover herself while men are allowed to be shirtless without them being shamed for it.

There are women with very little b r e a s t tissue as well as men with enlarged chests (for example gynecomastia or simply being overweight).

If a streamer (regardless of gender) obviously sexualizes themselves on stream (such as groping, sexually moaning, imitating or…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. ...Streams that are labeled as including -Drugs, -Intoxication, or -Excessive Tobacco Use; -Violent and Graphic Depictions; -Gambling; and/or -Sexual Themes will no longer be included in homepage recommendations shelves due to the visual nature of those topics..."

"...Viewers can still search for, or go directly to channels they follow that are streaming labeled content via the left bar of the home page..."

"...Streams with these labels will still be included in Category page recommendations so viewers can navigate to the appropriate category for this content..."

This technically still hides content creators away and will not let the people who do…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?