Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Safety

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Safety

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

48 results found

1. There is a big problem with Twitch's current "Restrict/Monitor" function.

As of right now, if you start monitoring or restricting a user (for example, a ban evader), for moderators and the broadcaster, EVERY message that user sends is highlighted, making it stand out from every other message. While I understand that this highlight function has it's uses, it is inherently harmful if users are consistently making new accounts to ban evade. This system is doing the opposite of what we need if their messages are standing out to our moderators and broadcasters, as it makes it HARDER to ignore the…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Hello,

Would it be possible to ban people from the channel?
    Banning them from a chat is good but from a channel is better.

For the streamhack in particular, let me explain:

Many games are streamed and suffer from the toxicity of streamhackers.
    We absolutely need to be able to prevent them from accessing the channel's video stream.
    This spoils the gameplay for streamers and note that the streamhack is akin to cheating. (Roleplay and competitive games for example)

Does Twitch condone cheating? I don't think so, so it would be good to set up
    this system of BAN from…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I don't want to see ANY channel or user that I have BLOCKED on the website at all. There's nothing worse than blocking a channel because that streamer decided to verbally abuse you publicly on stream, then you block them like you should. Only to find out their twitch stream is still there reminding you that blocking or reporting them will do nothing and change nothing. They still get to appear on my account. I don't understand why this is possible, what is the point of blocking them if they still appear when I browse the streams list? Please change…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. updated 3/28/2022
    first posted 5/29/2021

Or promote them to Global Moderators because they are effectively doing your job for you.

For those who don’t know the difference:
    A Twitch Global Moderator is someone hired by Twitch to process your personal information and track your usage of the platform.
    A Channel Moderator is any random idiot chosen by any streamer to process your personal information and track your usage of the platform.

The difference is as follows:

The first represents Twitch and is legally required to be responsible with your private information (according to California’s Online Privacy Protection Act).

The second…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. So I have seen streamers that would find this feature very handy.

Ban option 1 would be a chat ban the same thing as the ban option now.

Ban option 2 would be a total ban the user that is banned would not be able to access the stream or chat.

This 2nd "total ban" feature would be very useful in stream-sniping situations so the ****** would not be able to access the stream.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. A button that allows the user to refuse gift subscriptions to channels that they do not follow and do not want to support and/or find offensive

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I personally do not have a quarrel with people having subathon's, though I do hope that they make every effort to maintain a healthy schedule for sleeping, eating, self-care, etc. I do feel that it is potentially misleading to some and saying the stream will perceivably "last forever" (as long as people continue to donate/sub) but then during stream announcing when the streamer will cap/limit the subathon, thus contradicting bot announcements and stream titles lacking or having omitted the now annouced limit to the stream. if people continue to donate or sub in effort to continue the streams timer, but…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. The Account Enforcements page states, "For the most serious offenses, we will immediately and indefinitely suspend your account with no opportunity to appeal." Yet, some users get suspended from Twitch seemingly indefinitely but somehow get their suspensions lifted. Such users need to be kept off Twitch for good, especially if they've been suspended multiple times in a short time frame.

For example, a user named DomDude64 has been suspended twice from Twitch within less than a month (9/25/2021 and 10/19/2021), but according to witness testimony, both times were supposedly permanent, and yet he successfully appeal both suspensions. His record of…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Currently, blocked users can still send messages to you in your channel's chat. This is confusing for newer users since it requires 2 actions to actually block someone from interacting with you.
    It is also a very strange use case to have "blocking" a user be an "only harass me in public" action- I do understand the use case for the inverse not being true (being banned from a channel should not block them) but since blocking already removes them from your followers and removes whisper access, not removing channel chat access seems illogical.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Wasn't absolutely sure where to post this, so i am giving it a shot here. I am for the ban evasion idea, however, it has an issue and that is that i still have to ban evaders that want to come and just spam in my chat. It takes someone literally a minute or so to have a new account created and proceed to repeat the actions they were doing. I've personally had someone who will come in and continually make new accounts to say the same things over and over even though he's flagged for ban evasion, i still…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Mostly because this happened to me, but I have a channel blocked. I have had them blocked for a very long time for various off-platform reasons. I received a randomly gifted sub for said channel today.

If you have a channel blocked you should not be able to randomly receive a gifted sub for said channel. I understand there's an option to prevent receiving gifted subs to channels you don't follow, but in this instance, I didn't think I had to worry about that since the person was blocked already.

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. If someone talking about suicide and/or self harm in chat, then banning someone from a platform that could potentially provide vital contact or support to them is not the answer needed for helping them.
    This reddit post made by reportedly a health professional describes their experience with the issue
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Twitch/comments/7d87ah/how_does_twitch_deal_with_self_harm_and_suicide/
    While messages glorifying the acts should not be promoted or allowed on the site, it's important to not get rid of a potentially vital way of contacting someone who could be in serious danger. Instead, provide them with hotlines, or other direct ways to get them the support they need.…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Idea: Changes or the very least, more transparency on what constitutes as a ban from twitch in regards to breaking streamer guidelines. I also think it'd be fair as well if someone was banned unfairly, how they can have their repeal submission process proceed in an efficient and transparent manner as well.

Examples: Several esports players who have admitted to harassment, grooming, and assault on other community have their accounts still up and not banned (anti, cinnepie). Inversely, [removed specific streamer reference] who has new evidence from a lawsuit showing they were in fact a victim of **** has had…

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I was going through my blocked users list and users that have been banned still have profile pictures. not a big deal except their profile pictures are of genitals or grotesque.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I would like to suggest that viewers be given the ability to ban themselves from channels/streamers/streams that they know are not good for their mental wellbeing, but which they cannot stop themselves from watching if it is available to them.

Similarly to how betting sites allow you to set limits on yourself, to help keep yourself in check, I would like to see users given the power to block themselves from a channel that they cannot resist typically, be it because they cannot control their financial actions, such as donations, or because they feel the channel or streamer in question…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. The enforcement of Twitch's TOS is wildly inconsistent. As it stands, streamers who are banned for showing their genitalia on Twitch tend to be banned for a few days at most, often returning later the same week to increased attention and more success, and in many cases repeatedly violating the TOS to minimal punishment, while other streamers have been permanently banned for objectively less severe offenses. My proposal is a consistently enforced, publicly available list of offenses and their ban durations. This will stop Twitch from playing favorites with popular streamers, and will protect smaller streamers from unfair punishment simply…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. The community guidelines prohibit spam, one of the categories of which being posting large amounts of repetitive, unwanted messages or user reports, such as this:https://twitter.com/DomGang420/status/1441270323429576709/photo/1

However, I have yet to see any users be punished for doing this, and I understand that a lot of users have been clamoring for ways to deal with it for a while now. Adding on to all of the ideas put forth so far, I would ask that Twitch deals with users who continue to spam in chat better than it apparently deals with them now.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. When banning people from chat, rather than letting them continue view the stream live force a 5 minute delay. This would help with stream sniping. It keeps the viewership, which is nice, but takes away the snipers advantage. I know incognito mode would probably mess that up, but at least it's a step in the right direction.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Olá.
    Entendo que usuários diferentes precisam de durações de timeout diferentes, e durante uma transmissão movimentada é complicado ficar digitando nicks e durações diferentes de timeout.
    Vou sugerir dois recursos

1 - Duração de timeout padrão
    Tem dias que a duração de timeout padrão é muito e tem dias que é pouco; adicionar um recurso que permita ao usuário escolher o tempo padrão do timeout ao clicar com o mouse ajudaria demais os moderadores e principalmente o streamer que não tem moderadores.

2 - Recurso para configurar timeout gradativo ao clicar com o mouse
    Seria interessante adicionar um recurso que…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Create a difference between block and ignore commands. Ignoring a user should not be treated the same as a block. Ignoring a user would just mean that you do not see messages of a certain user in channels outside of your own and channels that you do not moderate. Ignored users would still stay followed to your channel.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?