Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Creator Dashboard: Stream Manager

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Creator Dashboard: Stream Manager

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

306 results found

1. I stream Mario games regularly and lately there's an annoying issue. Let's say I'll stream SMB3, so I select it from the category list. However then it automatically changes to another SMB3 category without image and only a few followers. This reduces the channel discoverability and splits searches in several pieces. I've found up to 4 SMB3 categories (you know well it's only 1 game) and the same occurs with others, like SMW or SMB2 and probably with a lot of other games. Idk why this occurs and why Twitch is not doing anything. It looks like someone hacked the…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Stream Info  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Please! 10 tags are just not enough! I play music, and will add genres, instruments, etc. On 3 languages!

If it would be possible, please do not restrict at all the count of tags, or if restricted, it should be like 1000.

Why do you hold back creators constantly with restrictions?

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. On the Stream Manager page each section had a pop-out option. Seemingly in a recent update this option on the Ad Manager specifically has been removed. This makes adding the window as a Custom Dock in OBS difficult as it was the only way to get a browser source for it. Please consider adding the option back or giving creators a Browser Source Link in their Dashboards

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. 10 tags is just not nearly enough, especially since it's completely free-form and you may want to have multiple variations of similar tags to increase discoverability. I think I'd be happy with like 25, but other platforms allow way more (YouTube has a character limit instead of a tag limit, but you can get like 50-100 on there).

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Stream Info  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. would like a quick action to shoutout another streamer

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I can't seem to find Ad manager in quick options anymore, and my ad manager outside quick options under affiliate does not seem to show when the next ad is coming, neither am I warned when my upcoming ad is coming, nor can snooze it, is this a bug or what's going on?

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. your active viewer bot counter is broken today during my whole 2 hr stream i had 4 plus active viewers where as the stream manager was only showing 2 active you can clearly see in the video 6 people all chatting at once with a viewer count of 2 this has also happened when i had 20 plus viewers which really hurts you average active viewers when you have 20 but its only counting 4 please fix this

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Add a Collaborators section near the stream title/category to allow viewers to see and effortlessly find/go to the channel with whom you are streaming.

Adding the names can be done quickly through the Stream Information panel via adding the channel names e.g. "@kiddabob". The channel that has been tagged can then receive a notification that will allow them to either confirm if deny the collaboration.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. When chat is moving fast, it can be hard to grab the right message quickly to perform a timeout/ban, especially in the case of 'hate raids' or other troll action.

I'd like to see a 'Recent Chatters' listing panel, just the usernames, along with purge/timeout/ban buttons. Preferably configurable both with number of names, how long they stay before they 'fall off', and how many columns, especially for use with tablets/phones to allow quick access to action without alt-tabbing.

Preferably a list that updates in-place rather than scrolls, to avoid trying to click/tap on a name, only to have it move…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Add option to add stream delay in order to avoid stream sniping while playing competitive games.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. is it possible to add on screen notifications for sub/donation goals without a plugin? ie. 100/200 sub goals

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Currently, I have 1921 followers as viewed on the 'legacy' dashboard as the whole number.

However, on the new stream manager, it shows this number as 2K without giving the option to not truncate the number and thus giving me an inaccurate insight into my current follower count.

Could we please get this reverted back to the old number, or at least be given the option, as I don't want to use an external tool to check my count.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. On the Stream Manager page, the information with Session/Viewers/Views etc is included on the top bar of the page. While that is fine for indicated which page you are on, the text with the information now seems like its shoe-horned in and the text smaller than is comfortable to read. Please consider making the bar wider for this information.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Stream Info  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Hi maybe a link/ connection to OBS Control Panel - Start / Stop Record and all other useful Settings!? (Local and on Streaming PC's).

And if the possible to the Dashboards from Streamlabs, Nightbot and soo on.

So we can use the Stream-Manager as a Command-Control-System..just easier to handle for us :)

btw: The new Manager is a nice renovations for Twitch. 👍

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I need the option back to tag time of my stream, where cool stuff was happening ... for a later video highlighting

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. hello twitch in my country it is forbidden to approve the gay community, I would like to put forward my demands so that streamers from the Russian Federation are not blocked for condemning gays

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. why didn't i get my payout form last November 12, 2023?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I would love a Twitch channel point leaderboard, as of this moment the only way to know how many channel points anyone has is to ask them. I would love a way to view this information in the channel points section of the dashboard. Daily, weekly, monthly, and all-time would be amazing as well since channel points are based on the user's viewership it would truly show who your top viewers are.

It would also be nice to have a way to see how many channel points you have in other streams from dashboard as some sort leaderboard as well…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. The old "Stats" dashboard popout ("https://twitch.tv/popout/USERNAME/dashboard/live/stats") still has a "Views" value despite it being a removed feature from Twitch as of April 14, 2022 (>1.5 years ago). This popout seems to have been removed from the regular dashboard in favor of horizontal chips at the top of the dashboard, but that's not something that can be popped out. This "Stats" popout is still used by popular broadcasting software like OBS and this now irrelevant line takes up extra space.

Popping out the horizontal chips does seem to be at least "planned" from Nov 15, 2019, nearly 4…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. A lot of steamers are using the wrong categories, especially Video Game ones, either on purpose or because they're unaware of the choices they have. When configuring the Stream Info, before selecting a category, add a drop down for "Type of Content". There are three main types on the platform: Video Games, IRL (including IRL games) and Unattended* (check below for explanation). Choosing the category should only be allowed after choosing the type of content, and should be limited to only what pertains to that type (e.g. streamers who do IRL / Unattended content should not be able to pick…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?