Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Town Hall

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

1. Will you, right now in public, make a commitment to protect streamers who are acting in good faith who get hit with DMCA notices?

Look at Github and what they committed to within a very short time after youtube-dl was taken down earlier this year. They are protecting their creators rather than treating them like criminals. Can Twitch do the same?

36 votes
    Sign in Sign in with: OpenID Connect
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  DMCA  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. We should be able to choose our ads/advertisers to tailor the content to our stream.

31 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Ads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. When we block and ban someone they should not be allowed to watch our content anymore.

27 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Trust & Safety  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 25 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 24 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Can you add free emotes to affiliate channels? Having the emotes blocked behind a paywall can suck, especially if you're a small streamer who wants to have something special with their own community, even 1 additional free emote would be great instead of all of them being stuck behind tier subscriptions

23 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. If YouTube can provide captions for videos, and Instagram can provide captions, how hard would it be to actually provide live captions or even just more accessiblity for blind or hard of hearing viewers? You removed the tag "blind playthrough" so as not to offend blind viewers, and yet, you do not make streams accessible for them. Instead of virtue signals, how about some actual accommodation?

20 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Hello! My question is, since Twitch have a Spotify integration/extension, why have it if we are going to get DMCA. We pay for the licence to stream music and pay the artists for their work buy buying a subscription. Why don't you work with labels and spotify to have it so if you like your spotify to twitch, any music played via the app is free from demonetisation and copyright free if we are showing that we have paid for said music to be streamed? Twitch soundtrack doesn't always work because sometimes streams need music on them in certain scenarios…

20 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Is there a better way to filter or make sure that if I have my channel in Mature Audience only, that it is understood? Like can we have a little rating setting we can place or have it be better defined in the Topic/Category settings for streams? As well as if there is a way we can make sure it keeps the chat/audience of age?

19 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Trust & Safety  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Anyone is currently able to access deleted Clips and VODs via a Twitch database that is open and accessible via the stream ID. This is incredibly dangerous, as personal information such as addresses, names, employment, etc., may have been accidentally disclosed on stream, and is now permanently saved for the public to access at anytime, even if the VOD or Clip is quickly deleted.

PLEASE close this server access to the public for our safety!

17 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Twitch should offer a more in-depth mental health section that not only focuses on streamer health (i.e. suicide prevention/depression) but also the streamer/follower relationship. Offering resources for those who do not understand that the streamer cannot always respond/ may not share the same feelings as the viewer. Essentially, we need a "how to use Twitch in a healthy, responsible manner" section, to educate all parties involved.

17 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Simple question, do you believe it is Twitches responsibility to protect its creators from DMCA strikes?

16 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I am just going to put it to you straight, though I doubt if anyone is going to read my message on the Town Hall today, I realize that at the end of the day, Jeff Bezo' doesn't really care about twitch at all. But ****, Amazon has the money to HELP YOU guys PAY for the licenses for the biggest artists and music record labels. Why aren't you going to Amazon for help? Not to mention, your skirting the rules with soundtrack like you can't be bothered to pay for the licenses for Soundtrack. This makes your whole platform…

16 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 1/3 of people never make it to the stream due to ads before they can watch and we can not turn the ads off. We need to be able to turn off preroll ads.

15 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Ads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. You created an amazing tool to resolve 95% of DMCA issues and decided to lock it behind Soundtrack by Twitch?? Why? If you give us the ability to tie an application(s) (Example: chrome for spotify/youtube etc.., or even a media player for local audio) to the "remove from vod" obs plugin, there would be no music from anywhere (except from in games) in any vods. Why is the DMCA chaos not solved already with this? Seems like a MAJOR oversite or this is just a way for you to try and push your Soundtrack by Twitch software by holding this…

13 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  DMCA  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. The new harassment policy sounds lovely. But, how can we be sure Twitch will actually enforce it? Many of us have experienced harassment from viewers as well as creators (hateful raids, etc) and nothing has ever been done. How can we trust you’re going to do something now?

13 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Trust & Safety  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. As it stands people are usually on twitch to watch a specific few streamers. If twitch implemented a tiktok style format for sharing clips, allowing people to upvote, comment, and share I think it would not only give people more reasons to scroll through twitch but would also allow people to find more creators that they might like to watch.

12 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I have had the same message where I would watch ads for bits for over 5 months now. “Please try again later” how long is later at this point? Will it ever refresh? I don’t think it’s fair when others have so many ads and I can’t even have one to support my favorite creators and streamers!

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Ads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?