Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Town Hall

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

1. Haven't ever streamed or looked at the rules or terms yet would if I do try to be a streamer. My question/idea is with time sensitive cash incentives like "bounties" or if sponsorships are possible, if suspended or banned and the action is later appealed, could you be able to still collect that bonus at the very least. That's one of the major things that holds me back from fully streaming, being a small streamer a 14 day ban maybe or would very possibly destroy any or all of my fan base.

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with: OpenID Connect
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Trust & Safety  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. only involve streamers that actually play the game for your event. that way ppl can actually get the item specific to that streamer. it would be better to give mid lvl streamers a chance to increase viewers rather than feed big names that don't play everyday or even play the required hours needed to get the item. compensate viewers with said item since certain streamers didn't provide enough opportunity

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. AMAZON ! Just so you are aware ! There are somewhere north of 20/30/40 ??? channels using @AWS services to Discuss , Organize and Plan Attacks on the Presidential Inaugaration of Joe Biden with the intent of performing acts of Assaination , Destruction , and general Chaos resulting in the overthrow of the US Government. All on TWITCH !

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. I think having a Twitch staff member, or a "police presence", present during partnered stream would help mitigate some of the misbehavior coming from both the streamer and viewers at times.

I think having a Twitch staff member present would drastically help resolve issues and correct problematic behavior faster and more efficiently. It would also cut down on the responsibility being solely placed on the streamer/viewer to collect evidence/write a report (that they may not be able to do because it is often made difficult due to how the report feature currently functions, because of a language barrier, or fear…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Twitch should offer an instant deposit option that would allow streamers to cash out their earnings before their monthly scheduled payout. Businesses such as Postmates have adopted this practice and could give content creators the control they need to manage their finances and grow their streams.

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Not sure if Twitch already does this, but many public-facing jobs conduct background checks and verify their candidates are mentally/physically capable to do their job before they are able to work for them (especially if they are working with children/youth). This screening process could help weed out potential issues with repeat criminals/offenders/etc.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. I've seen many writers that have been perplexed on where to place themselves. Some gravitate to 'Just Chatting' and others head to 'Art'. I would like to see a 'bridge' to this gap on where creative writers can thrive on twitch.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. I am extremely confused why "Sort & Delete Clips by date, game, or view count" is being pushed back to Q3/Q4 of 2021. That is an entire year from now and is unacceptable given the recent situation regarding clips being targeted for DMCA because of the system's failures to protect creators.

Twitch has prioritized VOD management over clips. Let me tell you something, as someone who has used the website for years and is a full time streamer that manages many other stream channels big and small: VOD management is NOT what people need more tools for at this time.…

41 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  DMCA  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Why should I run Mid-rolls, when the feedback from viewers, some of which are other streamers, claim that no one runs mid-rolls.

I want to run the mid-rolls, but watching my view count drop, or getting negative feedback has discouraged me, especially when it feels like its unfair when other streams don't do it.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Ads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. A lot of what came out of this Town Hall came off as a "oh, we try but we mess up, feel bad for us and give us feedback later", and that's wasn't what we were hoping for as creators and viewers. Specifically, the opening felt very distant and dismissive of what the community has been working through, and vague examples were given with no detail, ie. we do things right to 99% but that 1% complains - but no example of what Twitch did 99% right was given.

Be more honest, don't beg for our sympathy, stop talking in…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Presentation Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Pre-roll ruins the raid experience and impact of them. Perhaps a minute or 2 buffer after a raid comes through before a "pre-roll" runs would make pre-rolls less intrusive. Yes, streamers could run mid-rolls to stop that but having a system where if we forget, Twitch cares and helps, would encourage some of us to run ads more often.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. There is a strong contingency of mods or folks that work in community development and support that would be willing to help make this process faster and more streamlined. Whether it's part-time work, pay by report, or even a volunteer position to start, you have the ability to keep that human feel Emmett was so passionate about, give the community a chance to directly enhance the platform they enjoy, and help you in the long run.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. [SPA]

Hay muchos juegos que no entran dentro de las categorías habituales, o que son de compañías emergentes, y creo que una mejor forma de representar estos títulos sería con un nuevo tag, que no con el actual de ''games + demos'' o similares.

[ENG]

There are many games that do not fit into the usual categories, which are from emerging companies, and I think that a better way to represent these titles would be with a new tag, not with the current one of "games + demos" or similars.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. [SPA]

Necesitamos un grupo de personas que se dedique a controlar de forma más activa la comunidad, y a la vez controlen que los creadores de contenido siguen todas las normas y directrices establecidas para la plataforma.

Sería la mejor forma de aumentar la seguridad y la confianza de los usuarios para que todos puedan disfrutar de Twitch.

¿Tienen planteado crearlo? ¿Necesitáis gente?
    Deberíais ofrecer oportunidad de empleo para esto.

[ENG]

We need a group of people who are actively dedicated to control the community, and at the same time keep that the content creators follow all the rules and…

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Hey Twitch, how to create a tag that can include everyone and identities? Simple, treat it like Twitter treats hashtags. Customizable, searchable, clickable, and can trend. Two customizable tags to add per stream customizable each stream. With user utilization this can lead to specific areas of creative or terms that harassment trolls won't know offhand but growing communities that band together behind a tag, like groups, but more easy to lead to discovery or search.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I have provided my OG's in my channel with Moderation privilege's however, it is currently not possible to make a mod also a VIP. There are people who have been with us from the start, I want them to know that they are cared for and are loved. My request is this, please allow us creators, to VIP our MODs.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. We need a better stream manager in the mobile version. Managing the rewards is too hard if we only have the cellphone.

Another problem we have is about the chat which refreshes sometimes.

Is there any way to have the chat in a popup?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Being able to monetize with the live streams that are uploaded on the channel

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Some people (like myself) receive strikes by people manipulating the system to punish streamers they don't like. If we go for an extended period with zero infractions, it only makes sense we are forgiven previous strikes and shouldn't face terminated channels. Especially with such a low bar as 3 strikes and no true recourse to appeal or even have our own proof to provide in said appeal (since the video is wiped clean before we can make a full copy to provide evidence). Thanks!

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 12 13
  • Don't see your idea?