Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Town Hall

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

1. Twitch is increasingly seeing success in large, full-time partnered streamers who seem to be growing in mainstream recognition and opportunities, but what is or can Twitch do to help dedicated small streamers get visibility to avoid a YouTube-like situation where it's only for the celebrities.

337 votes
    Sign in Sign in with: OpenID Connect
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

7 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I feel that twitch is really lacking in its ability to help smaller streamers grow on the platform. I feel if twitch implements a better algorithm for finding less popular streams like the ones on YouTube and TikTok it could see a lot more creators sticking around for a lot longer.
    Thanks,
    Moonlightonion

273 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. A veteran tag would allow the various veteran streaming communities to find each other, and assist each other better. Many veterans stream to help others fighting PTSD, trauma, and veteran suicide.

186 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

25 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Have you considered making a deal with music licensing companies (BMI, ASCAP, etc) to allow streamers permission to use their catalogs if we opt to pay them (or you?) a small monthly fee for this right/service?

192 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  DMCA  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Recently, I have noticed on a few streams that the viewer count number is inaccurate. Personally, I have not expirenced instances with the count being higher in any inaccurate way - however, I have experienced the count that is showing for viewers being much lower. (Example: Twitch may say I have 3 viewers, reality is I have 10, and 7 of those 10 may even be in the chat itself.) Unfortunately, because of this it suppresses the streamers viewability as well as tanks average viewer count for analytic purposes, including the tracking for streamers on the path to partnership. Is…

187 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. The current response from Twitch hasn't given these communities many options to move forward. Even giving us with more information on which tracks are high risk would help significantly.

160 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. One of my biggest DMCA concerns is having to delete an entire VOD because of a few minutes of music. Is Twitch working on a way to cut out specific parts of VODs so that we don't have to sacrifice the entire stream?

143 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  DMCA  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. For 9 months I have been reporting someone who has been harassing me over and over with NO response from Twitch. When will there be a real system in place to protect streamers??

This person has made numerous accounts with usernames that have shared personal information including my phone number, addresses, and names of family members. I have reported, banned, blocked, and had my MODs do the same, but nothing has ever been done on Twitch's end.

If others are going through this, I want to hear about it and what Twitch is going to do to help those of…

113 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Trust & Safety  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 114 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  DMCA  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Can you please explain your reasoning for the choice to make raiders not count as true viewership and how you suggest smaller facets of streaming like small art categories such as the miniature painting streams, who make up a large portion of streams but do not draw massive viewership because of the niche market, yet we struggle to meet your hidden criteria for partnership. What does it actually take to get partnership and how can you help those of us in smaller communities to reach partnership? Also, when the select few of us in smaller communities reach the 75 concurrent…

98 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. I have reported over 600 fake troll accounts and yet STILL Twitch seem to refuse to do anything. NOW we find that if we complain or have a go at these trolls we can get banned ourselves ?

89 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Trust & Safety  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. A 5 second warning before the ad would be deeply appreciated. My voice is very quiet so many of my viewers turn my voice up. A warning can warn them to turn the headphones back down so they dont hurt their ears.

83 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Ads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Will you oppose any proposal going through Congress, such as the one passing through it right now, that would make streaming copyrighted content a felony with prison time?

82 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  DMCA  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. We want to know who our twitch managers are, and an easy way to contact them, either via discord, or email. More transparent way to chat with our questions, not only for the big streamers, but also for the minorities from small countires like Bulgaria and such. We love the platform, we just want to be in touch with the people responsible for our region.

76 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. While I acknowledge that twitch had goals for its net profits that it wasn't reaching, the ads are way too frequent and frustratingly timed.

Are there any plans to improve the viewing experience and allow streamers more control over what/when ads are played?

72 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Ads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. I have started a stream team. The roster of 20 lives within a discord and twitter. We also have artwork residing in our Twitch panels and social. However, we can't legitimize the linkup with one another on Twitch until one of us becomes partner or until a partner friend grants a stream team slot. It would be mega cool to make that connection and keep our community bonded on Twitch. If affiliates could even have just one open token/slot to create a team, that would rock.

67 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Have a site to test if a particular audio file will be tagged for DMCA so streamers can check audios before playing them on stream

61 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Is DMCA the reason behind Twitch Sings cancellation January 1st? Will there be an alternative to this platform?

44 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. if a user has a streaming license for music, can the account be geo-restricted for the covered territories, or noted that a license is held on providing proof of license?

44 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  DMCA  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. I am extremely confused why "Sort & Delete Clips by date, game, or view count" is being pushed back to Q3/Q4 of 2021. That is an entire year from now and is unacceptable given the recent situation regarding clips being targeted for DMCA because of the system's failures to protect creators.

Twitch has prioritized VOD management over clips. Let me tell you something, as someone who has used the website for years and is a full time streamer that manages many other stream channels big and small: VOD management is NOT what people need more tools for at this time.…

41 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  DMCA  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 12 13
  • Don't see your idea?