Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Town Hall

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

1. Twitch is increasingly seeing success in large, full-time partnered streamers who seem to be growing in mainstream recognition and opportunities, but what is or can Twitch do to help dedicated small streamers get visibility to avoid a YouTube-like situation where it's only for the celebrities.

337 votes
    Sign in Sign in with: OpenID Connect
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

7 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I feel that twitch is really lacking in its ability to help smaller streamers grow on the platform. I feel if twitch implements a better algorithm for finding less popular streams like the ones on YouTube and TikTok it could see a lot more creators sticking around for a lot longer.
    Thanks,
    Moonlightonion

273 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Recently, I have noticed on a few streams that the viewer count number is inaccurate. Personally, I have not expirenced instances with the count being higher in any inaccurate way - however, I have experienced the count that is showing for viewers being much lower. (Example: Twitch may say I have 3 viewers, reality is I have 10, and 7 of those 10 may even be in the chat itself.) Unfortunately, because of this it suppresses the streamers viewability as well as tanks average viewer count for analytic purposes, including the tracking for streamers on the path to partnership. Is…

187 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. A veteran tag would allow the various veteran streaming communities to find each other, and assist each other better. Many veterans stream to help others fighting PTSD, trauma, and veteran suicide.

183 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

24 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Can you please explain your reasoning for the choice to make raiders not count as true viewership and how you suggest smaller facets of streaming like small art categories such as the miniature painting streams, who make up a large portion of streams but do not draw massive viewership because of the niche market, yet we struggle to meet your hidden criteria for partnership. What does it actually take to get partnership and how can you help those of us in smaller communities to reach partnership? Also, when the select few of us in smaller communities reach the 75 concurrent…

98 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. We want to know who our twitch managers are, and an easy way to contact them, either via discord, or email. More transparent way to chat with our questions, not only for the big streamers, but also for the minorities from small countires like Bulgaria and such. We love the platform, we just want to be in touch with the people responsible for our region.

76 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. I have started a stream team. The roster of 20 lives within a discord and twitter. We also have artwork residing in our Twitch panels and social. However, we can't legitimize the linkup with one another on Twitch until one of us becomes partner or until a partner friend grants a stream team slot. It would be mega cool to make that connection and keep our community bonded on Twitch. If affiliates could even have just one open token/slot to create a team, that would rock.

67 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 24 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Can you add free emotes to affiliate channels? Having the emotes blocked behind a paywall can suck, especially if you're a small streamer who wants to have something special with their own community, even 1 additional free emote would be great instead of all of them being stuck behind tier subscriptions

23 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. If YouTube can provide captions for videos, and Instagram can provide captions, how hard would it be to actually provide live captions or even just more accessiblity for blind or hard of hearing viewers? You removed the tag "blind playthrough" so as not to offend blind viewers, and yet, you do not make streams accessible for them. Instead of virtue signals, how about some actual accommodation?

20 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. As it stands people are usually on twitch to watch a specific few streamers. If twitch implemented a tiktok style format for sharing clips, allowing people to upvote, comment, and share I think it would not only give people more reasons to scroll through twitch but would also allow people to find more creators that they might like to watch.

12 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. I have a lot of my community who can't watch me if I stream in 1080p and I would like to stream in 1080p but I can't do that at the risk of losing viewers so can we get more transparent information on when Affiliates will get lower video quality options so every one can enjoy the stream.

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. The removal of the "blind playthrough" tag was made in an attempt to be more inclusive of those with vision based disabilities, however the move of taking tags away effectively hurts more streamers in the long run than it helps (myself included, I have a visual impairment and play new games all the time on my stream, so blind playthrough is quite literal). For reference, I could count 16 tags directed towards speedrunning (a small subset of content creators on twitch, though quite popular in its own right.) and not a single one directed towards gaming with a disability.

Instead…

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Find ways to promote low end streamers instead of high end streamers so low end streamers can find ways to grow their channels

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. I just why twitch is the only platform that forces its affiliates to stream their content solely to twitch and not to other platforms at the same time. Especially since multistreams or restrreaming to other platforms right after ive finished streaming could help bring in more users and watchers. Id say the 24 hour exlusivity deal is the one reason that I hate being an affiliate.

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. I’d love to know more about non-gaming expansion and support. Is this an area you are looking to expand in or are you keeping it focused with gaming content? Also are there any plans to offer more breakdowns instead of “Just Chatting” such as Workshops?

Sincerely, thegreatkind

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Twitch should offer an instant deposit option that would allow streamers to cash out their earnings before their monthly scheduled payout. Businesses such as Postmates have adopted this practice and could give content creators the control they need to manage their finances and grow their streams.

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Will there be a Stream Merch Shop where you could pay with bits for example? Could be more convenient than sourcing it out.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6
  • Don't see your idea?