Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Town Hall

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

1. A 5 second warning before the ad would be deeply appreciated. My voice is very quiet so many of my viewers turn my voice up. A warning can warn them to turn the headphones back down so they dont hurt their ears.

83 votes
    Sign in Sign in with: OpenID Connect
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Ads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. While I acknowledge that twitch had goals for its net profits that it wasn't reaching, the ads are way too frequent and frustratingly timed.

Are there any plans to improve the viewing experience and allow streamers more control over what/when ads are played?

72 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Ads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. We should be able to choose our ads/advertisers to tailor the content to our stream.

31 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. 1/3 of people never make it to the stream due to ads before they can watch and we can not turn the ads off. We need to be able to turn off preroll ads.

15 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. I have had the same message where I would watch ads for bits for over 5 months now. “Please try again later” how long is later at this point? Will it ever refresh? I don’t think it’s fair when others have so many ads and I can’t even have one to support my favorite creators and streamers!

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Ads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. I wish there was a option for affiliates and Partners alike to turn off preroll ads, a lot of us especially the smaller streamers hate that this is a thing and having a option to turn it off would make a lot of our streams a lot better. The reason why I say a toggle feature is because some streamers have a living from this so its not fair for them not to have it but the smaller streamers we dont like it and it drives away a lot from us

Thank you for reading this and taking this into…

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Ads have an impact on viewer retention. When someone new comes to a stream, an ad can discourage them from waiting - and simply close the tab. That hinders growth. However, self-run midrolls (to disable prerolls) may have the same effect...

If we can see the impact that running a dreaded midroll can have on our potential to bring in new viewers - the friction against running ads may be lessened.

So my question: When will there be information on our dashboard analytics on how many people leave during a preroll versus midroll?

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. These are some ideas to improve the experience of the user when trying to find new channels to watch.

1. Disable pre-roll ads for streamers with few viewers. Right now the user is actively punished for switching channels and this actively harms the discoverability on the platform.

2. Add a cool down since the last ad was played before a pre-roll can be triggered again. A value as little as 5-10 minutes could greatly improve the experience.

3. When running ads not triggered by the streamer it should continue showing the stream (eg. picture in picture with the stream audio muted). Right now…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Why should I run Mid-rolls, when the feedback from viewers, some of which are other streamers, claim that no one runs mid-rolls.

I want to run the mid-rolls, but watching my view count drop, or getting negative feedback has discouraged me, especially when it feels like its unfair when other streams don't do it.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Pre-roll ruins the raid experience and impact of them. Perhaps a minute or 2 buffer after a raid comes through before a "pre-roll" runs would make pre-rolls less intrusive. Yes, streamers could run mid-rolls to stop that but having a system where if we forget, Twitch cares and helps, would encourage some of us to run ads more often.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Being able to monetize with the live streams that are uploaded on the channel

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. This feature (watch an ad for 5 bits) should be available worldwide, especially on third-wolrd countries where most of the espectators are unable to purchase bits because they are out of their financial reach, but would like to support their favourite channels in some way, adn this would present an awesome opportunity to do so.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Ads for affiliates and partners

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. I would like the Option of watching ads on more countrys then only america because i cant watch ads for bits like Many Others could that Happen in the Future?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. I would love to be able to pick the topics of the adverts shown as pre-rolls or when I run an ad break, for example a US viewer (I'm UK based) had condom adverts and whilst I'm all for safe ***, I'm not sure that its the kind of adverts I want viewers associating with my channel, some choice in the level of maturity on adverts (based on the disclosed age of a Twitch account) and the types of adverts shown to viewers would be greatly appreciated.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I think it would be cool if partners got to make a custom 15 second and that plays every stream to promote merch or anything they want

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. The current climate of advertisement on twitch is really detrimental to the platform.

1. Ads on vods??? this needs to stop I don't understand the purpose of forcing viewers to watch ads on vods.

2. pre roll unskipable ads have deterred me from opening up any stream I am not subbed to which has stopped me from discovering new streamers.

The vast majority of us spend so much money on twitch from bits, to subs to gifted subs. For the amount of money we spend on this platform I feel we are being left in the dust and exploited for ad revenue.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 1 vote