Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Channel Points

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Channel Points

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

614 results found

1. Allow streamers to only make certain rewards available on certain days of the week. Many of have fixed schedules and certain rewards (like requests for certain games) are only available on fixed days and it would be nice if the rewards were automatically deactivated on days we don't need them.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Rewards  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Would be great to have a running tally (lifetime totals) of Channel Point Rewards, perhaps in the left hand bar underneath the "current requests" amount, like this:

AMA
    3 requests
    12 overall (or 12 lifetime? Something like that)

That way we could easily see which rewards are popular, and which ones we might want to swap out for something else.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Really simple request, before there were more than 2 options it was an easy color based predictions; blue vs pink, but now when there are 3 options or more is 1-blue, 2-pink, 3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10-blue, wich not only its weird visually but also its confussing, so adding different colors for all numbers would be a great idea.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Predictions  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. We need to have real control of the channel points. Give, remove and block channel points to users.

1º/ To reward behaviors and be able to develop our own "CP" earning systems. Minigames, etc. With unique style.

2º/ To penalize its misuse, and have the ability to deny points to problematic spectators.

3º/ To make the channel points system compatible with hundreds of applications that contribute games and add-ons awarded with points.

4º/ And to be able to transfer all existing Loyalty systems for many years (StreamLabs, StreamElements, etc, etc) to the twitch channel points system.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Sometimes I will have rewards that do similar things. For example, I do an impersonation of Spongebob, and i do an impersonation of sylvester stalone.
    I don't want to keep doing back-to-back impersonations, so I'd like to be able to limit ALL rewards associated with a type of redemption I provide

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Rewards  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Right now a user has to first click on a reward to see the cooldown timer. It would be much more convenient and better UX if the user could see which rewards were available, which ones are on cooldown and what the cooldown timer is inside the channel point rewards window.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. If you were to stay in a stream throughout the entire duration (You join anywhere up to 1 hour after the stream starts, and stay until 1 hour before the stream ends) you'd get an "Entire Stream Bonus" of channel points. It can be 500 points for every hour, so if it was a 24 hour stream if you stayed for the entire duration it would be 12,000 points. Or you can have it multiply by the amount of time that the stream has been going, 250 for the first hour, 500 for the second, 1000 for the third ect.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Rewards  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Currently, partners can offer tiered subs permanent access to 1-3 pre-chosen emote modifications, but the only way to have an option for channel point modifications (either affiliate or partner) is to allow anyone to modify any Tier 1 sub emote, and nothing else. It would make sense, and be easier to explain, if the "Modify one emote" option let you work with any channel emote you have access to, and nothing else.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Allow the feature that links can only be posted through channel points. If someone were to post a link in the normal chat, it would not go through, however if they post it through a channel point redemption, it would go through.

This feature would really benefit streamers that allow their viewers to use channel points to request videos to watch, if someone sends a link through normal chat it would not go through but if they send it through the channel point reward it would go through.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. For rewards that allow a message and also have a cooldown, they simply show 'out of stock', instead of a countdown for the cooldown like rewards without allowing messages. It would be useful if the user could see the cooldown for these types of rewards too.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Rewards  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. One thing bothers me about the Boost: people are suggested to me that I can't understand because I don't speak their language. It would be nice if these promotions were more specialized.

For example, if someone often watches German & English streamers, that they are suggested to him.

What should I do with a streamer if I can't understand him?

Also, by being "Promoted" you don't see the viewership & you can't mark the person as "not interested" like you can with normal streams.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. what if there’s a system where if a smaller creator, and I mean someone who posts content/streams, boosts a larger creator via channel points, they get a mini boost of their own by a thing popping up in chat saying “this person booted this large creator!” & they get a little spot on the main page. just an idea

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. A couple of ideas to improve the way channel points work.

• Ability to group rewards, and possibility to bulk enable or disable them by group / use case would be if the streamer has rewards that are tied to a game, such as selecting a character, so they can easily switch available rewards when they stop playing

• More API control over channel points (change active and inactive rewards, approve or decline rewards).

• Possibility to manually reward viewers with channel points, change modifiers for subs / VIPs, etc.

• Adding possibility to add cooldowns to redemptions

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Twitch streamers should have the ability to change the highlight color of the "highlight message channel points feature." This would be a setting that allowed full control over what color the highlight would be. If the highlight was a dark color, the text would be light and if the highlight was light, the text would be dark. This allows chat to look slightly different from stream to stream, allowing for a more unique look to chat. It's makes chat slightly more personalised to the streamers liking.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. The redemption cooldown time is fantastic but I think we need a 'seconds' option in the drop down menu along side 'minutes', 'hours' and 'days'.

For those of us that, for example, wish to have a 30 second cooldown on channel point redemptions

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. WHY I CAN'T VOTE WITH MY CHANNEL POINTS? I HAVE 18K+ CHANNEL POINTS IN THE CHANNEL THAT I WATCH AND YET EVERY TIME THERE'S A PREDICTION POLL I CAN'T VOTE HIGHER THAN ZERO (0) POINTS

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bug  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. If there is a cooldown set to a reward, in mobile it just shows out of stock instead of the time remaining on the cooldown.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bug  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. For some sorts of rewards, it would be convenient to allow someone to redeem the same thing more than once. If the user could choose a quantity, this would be extremely convenient and useful.

Example: Obtain tickets in a giveaway using channel points, for 100 points per ticket. Rather than have people spend 100 points at a time, spamming chat with each individual redemption, someone could choose to spend 1600 points for 16 tickets.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I work as a graphic designer for a streamer who exclusively likes to focus on his streams and content. It's a pain for him to have to deal with updating panels, emotes, badges, channel points, etc.

Could Twitch provide access to mods & editors to do that kind of work?

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Prediction outcome ended, never got results notification or points

8 votes

We're glad you're here