Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Channel Points

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Channel Points

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

1. Please add sound alerts when predictions are started. There are people working from home and keeping the streams open on the side.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Predictions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Mobile users in the chat I moderate have had a notoriously hard time getting predictions to show up during stream.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. you can make that is like more easy to vote and we can vote when is many people

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Predictions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. https://twitter.com/kcdotmp4/status/1363631643668353025

Explains it with an image attached, but for those who don't want to click it; explanation below.

Basically it's a page where you can filter out by ascending/descending order in which channels you have the most channel points in, but it also displays if you forgot to follow said channels and if they're currently live along with their stream titles and displayed stats such as viewers/duration of stream, just kinda like your following/browsing page, but condensed nicely with the addition of being able to sort by channel points.

Because I have this really weird quirk about me where I…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. For numerous games (some that come to mind are soccer and racing) having two outcomes is not plausible to use the prediction feature. For example, soccer needs a win, draw, or loss outcome while racing needs a 1st place, top 5, finish, and crash outcome option. Twitch should allow more than two outcomes when it comes to channel point predictions.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Add the ability to report predictions that violate the Terms of Service, like you can already do with Polls.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Predictions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Currently, when watching a vod, you can see what side individual members of chat voted on for a prediction but you cannot see what question was asked.
    I believe it would create a more enjoyable experience if the prediction question when it started and whenever it ended is displayed in the video-on-demand (vod),
    Thank you.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Would be awesome to trigger predictions with commands, so i dont have to alt+tab everytime i want to set or end a prediction. Something like !set prediction [Question][Yes/No][Time]. So we could just make a hotkey and start them ingame and everywhere.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Useful for streams where streamers have to beat maps/levels/games(speedruns,nuzlocks, etc.).

For instance, when a streamers needs multiple tries to do something there could be a prediction like this: "more than 20 runs until streamer completes x" or "streamer will say something at least x amount of times during the stream".
    I think something like that would be cool to be able to earn some exra channel points even if you are not currently watching the stream. could also make it into a sub only feature or restrict it in other ways.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. First of all more options, only two is not the best for having the right competition to bet. 2 let the streamer put points on the plate, who guess right win it all!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. I mean why cant the right predictions end up winning 2x what they go in with instead of what the opposite bet?

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Hello!

I thought a great addition to Channel Points would be an ability to group them. I play a few different games. I would love to be able to categorize them into Rocket league, Minecraft, Dead By Daylight etc. Where you can enable all them at once instead of having to remember every single one of them as I have quite a bit of channel point reward.

What do you think of the idea?

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. The Twitch mobile app does not show channel point redemptions in chat..

Since my second-monitor broke I have been forced to go back to Twitch app on my tablet for chat and I had to disable channel points to not look like an a**hole to my viewers.
    Cause I was unable to see whenever they redeemed anything for channel points.
    I am sure there are plenty of streamers who use their phone/tablet for their chat.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. I like that we can have a set limit for a set reward per stream, but it would be cool if we could extend that option on a person by person basis, with another option for it to be a 1 time forever, or limited time per person - per stream. (for example, were I to be giving away something in a game but only want to give one per person this would be an amazing feature)

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Make Channel Points Relevant make it to where viewers could earn free sub or bits or something meaningful from cashing in channel points. Current prizes just dont do it viewers tbh just lol at the channel point prizes. I like the idea of channel points just up the prizes to get peoples attention. At the moment i just dont see alot of interaction from viewers with current meta....

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Mi idea es que se puedan editar los puntos de canal, y eso me refiero a la cantidad recibida.

Por ejemplo cuando das follow, normalmente da 200 puntos de canal por seguir al streamer, pero me gustaría que eso se pueda editar, como que al dar follow puedas hacer que los espectadores reciban 500 puntos.

O que los subs al suscribirse puedas darle 10000 puntos por hacerlo.

También la cantidad de puntos de canal, osea modificar el tiempo que debemos estar viendo el stream para que nos den puntos y también poder modificar esos puntos.

Lo que estoy diciendo lo…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Rewards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. I would love a push notification or alert of some kind maybe with a chime or noise for channel predictions, i hate missing the gambling i love it. Also, only as an option to enable/disable of course i'm sure a lot of people would hate this.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)