Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Channel Points

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Channel Points

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I think it would be a good idea so people will actually watch the ad to get channel points that way the streamer and viewer would benifit.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Rewards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add a feature for Mods and Broadcasters to add Channel Points to a specific user.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Rewards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. I would like to ability to group channel point in folders that I could toggle on and off so then when I change games they are appropriate for that game/stream.

It could also help with testing channel point integrations without making them available to stream and without deleting them after testing everytime.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. The option to be able to give long-standing viewers a special badge for the channel with the redemption of channel points. As this new badge would be where VIP/Mod/1st badges are, these viewers would be exempt. Amount of channel points for redemption to be defined by streamer in line with the size of their channel.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Allow users to give points to other members for correct, true, positive answers, within the subscription that is. Maybe.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Live engagement is always great, Twitch does a great job making watching into a game with channel points. However, I would like to see channel points be rewarded for watching offline clips and broadcasts. This would drive engagement up for a viewer's favorite streamer(s) and give them something to incentivize watching streams they missed.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Count how many times the reward has been redeemed.
    (example) streamer drank water 123 times.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. The rate at which people earn points is extremely low. If a viewer were to follow a streamer, have a watch streak from watching 2 consecutive streams for 2 hours each, cheer, and actively click every chest that appeared, they'd be able to contribute the max amount of 2,000 to a community goal 1 time. Then have to consecutively watch more. That's a lot to just participate in a community and can deter people from using channel points. After the 1st cheer and sub of the month, channel point "income" dwindles. People have lives and a watch streak 4 or…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Hello.

For some reason, the maximum amount of channel point rewards a streamer can have is 50. I have so many ideas on things to implement on my stream, but it has reached a plateau and I don't think it is necessary for that to happen. Could you possibly make it so that we can have more than 50? I also find it kind of insulting that the Twitch UI only tells me "There was an error implementing your channel point reward. Please try again" when I try to add a new one after having 50; it doesn't even tell…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Reddem a random answer from channel points. I think about using it with win-lose phrases I have, but I want it to be a channel point redemption with Twitch points. The channel owner makes a few responses to be randomly retrieved by the follower.
    Sorry if this has already been done or answered as I couldn't find a way to do it.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Twitch has made a mistake they made channel points only available for twitch partners and affilliate's what i think is wrong cause there is plenty of streamers out there waiting to be big but wont get their chance cause you have to be a affilliate or twitch partner witch is really hard to become

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Channel point redemptions for subscribers only ON/OFF

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. When a channel point redemption is marked as refunded it should go back in stock.

Otherwise automatic systems that refund on errors directly, for example if something is missing in the message, can be easily abused forcing the item to go out of stock forever.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. I am watching a streamer and he is playing any game then he open a foresight
    than I will vote the foresight than I noticed I can't put chanel coins and there is a little text ``your contry can't put channel point to the foresight´´ please fix it (I am living at Turkey) I am not want open VPN please fix it

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. I'd suggest moving the points counter and bonus button to the video screen in the browser version so people can redeem points without having to open chat, sometimes you don't have the chat open for various reasons and having to open and close it to check this is not ideal

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. If the broadcaster deems it so, some reward cost should allow viewer to any amount of channel points they want.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. I'm At a young age. And was wondering if you could ad a setting for If you get Affilicate Status Where You could just earn Channel Points Cause My Parent's Don't like The idea of adding a SSN. I would like the Idea of Just Being able to add Channel points Awards to your twitch for all the people Who can't add a SSN

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Hola, hoy he completado 4h viend un directo en concreto el de rainbow six siege y cuándo lo he completado he vinculado la cuenta de twitch con la mía de juego y en el juego no me aparece la recompensa.
    ¿Que puedo hacer?
    Grácias

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I think streamers should be able to reward viewers with a fraction of points for viewing VODs, Highlights and Clips!

This would be a fraction of a channel point earned based on VODs, highlights and clips. Maybe the fraction is determined by the same way "Smart Cost" is for the points earned.

There would also be an option to disable this feature if the streamer doesn't want the feature enabled.

Just an idea to promote engagement outside of live streams.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. If you select a Channel Points reward that doesn't accept any text-input, a "Back"-button is shown in the upper left corner, along with the "Close"-button in the upper right corner of the dialog.

If you instead select a reward that accepts text-input, the "Back"-button is gone, so the only way to get back to the rewards overview is by closing the dialog completely and then reopen it.

Not only is this a slight annoyance for your average user, but it's an even greater annoyance for visually impaired users.

Additionally, the "Back"-button in the rewards dialog is missing a description in…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?