Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Channel Points

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Channel Points

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

191 results found

1. Prior to channel points being a Twitch feature, many streamers decided to use their streaming provider to create a point system and create another source of entertainment on streams. I know that with Streamlabs points you can gamble your points which provides yet another way to entertain yourself on stream. In some streams you could actually type !gamble in chat and streamelements would then reply with a successful or failed gamble doubling or claiming the point amount you gambled, but this may not be viable because it could really clog up chat. I do wish however that there were some…

47 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Instead of only a limit per stream, allow channel point rewards to be redeemed per a time frame (every 15 mins,m, 30 mins, etc.)

-Aqajj

42 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. On Twitch Embed Players with video and chat (https://dev.twitch.tv/docs/embed/everything), it is currently not possible to gain Channel Points while watching.
    It is possible to spend Channel Points with an embedded player/chat, so it seems necessary to obtain them while watching as well.
    Thanks!

40 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Just add a new kind of cooldown to custom about channel points to lock the reward when you start your stream.
    Because lot of user use their reward before the streamer is ready to start his content (we don't have the time to finish the introduction and presentation of the stream ^^)

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Moderators have access to view the reward requests view of the twitch streams they moderate for and accept or reject the reward redemption. Can broadcaster have more control over this capability?

While it is awesome our mods have the ability to do this, some moderators may exploit the ability to approve and reject requests, while rejection means the channel points go back to the person. For custom rewards this means they can keep accumulating points and redeeming them on custom rewards and then rejecting and giving themselves the points back.

As broadcasters, we do not have the ability to see…

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Obviously there will be an option to pick if u want a maximum amount of channel point sent in a day for the community challenge. But there should also be an option to be able to send an infinite amount. Only being able to send 2k channel points a stream just doesn’t make sense at all.

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1. Being able to convert channel points into bits to use for that specific channel where you collected the channel points. Twitch can set an amount that would be beneficial to them and the Broadcaster.

2. Being able to use the channel points to subscribe to the channel. I mean we are there watching and supporting the broadcaster but it would bring in more viewers and watch time if the channel points actually mean something and is useful.

Example where channel points don't matter at all is at Maximilian_Dood's channel who is one of my favorite broadcasters. I have accrued so many…

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Some streamers use channel point queues as records of redemptions across many streams. Currently marking rewards as completed removes the redemption from the streamer's view permanently. Streamers should be able to view a history of completed channel point redemptions.

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I will preface this suggestion that I am comparing twitches current channel point system to Streamelements since twitch feels very limiting and we could do so much more with it instead of resorting to a 3rd party to use channel points which makes it inconvenient for viewers. With that being said comments saying just use Streamelements isn't helpful, i'd love everyone's actual thoughts towards this.

Currently Twitch's channel point system feels very limiting overall especially when compared to other channel point systems aka streamelements.

Part 1: Issue with Current Twitch Channel Point Earned System

With its current setup Twitch unfortunately…

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. The channel I mod for has a channel point prize for adding a song to a warm up playlist. It would be good if we had the ability to set keys and values on the message that gets sent for the channel point redemption message. So I could set like "reward: song" and then "url: {whatever the url is}" etc.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Allow for the ability to gain channel points on TV applications, as that is a way many twitch users view content

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. This situation has come up a few times now where a new mod (or a not paying attention new mod) would clear the entire queue or accidentally clear rewards which were not completed.

A history of completed/refunded redemption for the current stream would save some searching in chat to see who redeemed what and trying to figure out what was missed.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Could we get a browser source for community challenges, similar to the creator goals?

The community challenges are great and fun goals, but very hidden unless the user checks the points menu. With the 2k max points and limited participation time it's important to make sure all viewers remember/are aware of the challenge! It would be great if we could display and track the goal progress on our overlay, very similarly to the follower/sub goals.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Inspired by seeing a Skip a Song reward on one of the channels that cost 250k points. It's too costly to be worth and if one guy somehow buys that, it can be unpleasant to all other viewers.

The default option should be called "individual" and streamer can change it to be "collective".

F.e. collective reward costs 50k, you can pay only 5k to enter and when 10 people enter, reward is completed.

You can see the progress of a reward online in all rewards menu. If you enter and it's uncompleted, you will have an option to leave at…

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I want to be able to offer the facility to hold an auction to in effect buy and sell plots within Cities Skylines.

This would allow the viewers to effectively buy a home or business for themselves whilst I'm playing the game, so it would be named after themselves. This would create a fantastic involvement between viewers and the game.

They could then go onto my discord and agree a price with other players in order to sell their property for a profit, but we'd need a system to transfer points between users...

I feel this could be applied to…

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Similar way to redeem points to highlight my message or any other 'free text' redemption. However it will have a drop down list of options to pick from. This can be set to required.

This allows for a streamer to allow users to redeem points to select from a set of options. For example. A list of playable characters in the game for the chatters to select for the next match.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. So, I've seen a few ideas for a Channel Point Menu Overhaul and I wanted to add my own ideas as well as group other ideas I have seen that I also believe are worth seeing.

1. The ability to group channel point redemption rewards into their own separate folders that can be named and given its own image (it would have a small folder image in the corner to signify it is a folder when looked at from the viewer's CP menu.)

2. Each folder would be able to have set cooldowns and limits the same way individual rewards do. So,…

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I would like to propose the addition of a new type of redeem that I think would greatly improve the user-experience on Twitch. This new redeem type will be a dropdown that offers the viewers with a selection of pre-defined choices to pick from.

CURRENTLY
    As of now, streamers can create custom redeems: - basic standard redeem, with just a single button for confirmation - text-based redeem, that requires the viewer to input text before sending.

BENEFITS AND EXAMPLES
    The inclusion of the new dropdown-redeem would bring several advantages to both streamers and viewers:
    - Streamlining: Streamers with many sounds…

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. As a streamer I often miss places and redemptions for channel points while im fighting a boss. But I never miss a follow, subscribe, raids or bits because I have loud alerts to tell me when it happens. I think all streamers could appreciate the option to set a short sound alert for each channel point in the channel point edit selection. Like a box you can check to add an alert to that specific reward redemption so streamers dont have to go way back in chat or in the feed to look for them or in my case remind…

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Editors can be editing the channel point menu. The Streamer that I Editor, don't have time for channel point prizes and challenges. I World be helpful if Editors have the same interface as the Streamer.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?