Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Channel Points

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Channel Points

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

193 results found

1. There are quite a lot of issues that the mobile app has that are somewhat out of your team’s control, and I understand that. However, there are a few things that I think could improve the experience while using it. One of them is to add an option to display a small “claim points” icon in the corner when you have the stream in full screen. Currently, it’s easy to forget to claim the channel points every 15 minutes, mostly because you either have to be watching the stream vertically (which is suboptimal), or you have to have the chat…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I would like to see a log of what I've spent channel points on, at least for larger redeems (> 10000 points for example), including the current status of the request (pending / fulfilled / refunded). Sometimes I spend a large number of channel points and it can take a while for the streamer/mod team to get around to fulfilling the request, for example adding a discord role for spending points.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I have a suggestion on how to Making the Most of Channel Points. Example Viewers buy League Of Legends Skin Shard with 50k points which you have eearned watching/betting with the viewers
    I think this will be a positive impact on every party:
    -Streamer tools more Viewers/watch time.
    -Viewers get in games loot.
    -games devs/streamer relations.
    -twitch will have a way to retake those points back.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. A System where you can
    - see who has which number of channel points
    - give / remove a certain number of channel points of a certain user / user group

The nice thing is that you can make giveaways of channel points or can put them as a prize for tournaments, esspecially if you don't have money to do otherwise.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Editors can be editing the channel point menu. The Streamer that I Editor, don't have time for channel point prizes and challenges. I World be helpful if Editors have the same interface as the Streamer.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Mods currently have the ability to refund and clear their own purchases on the channels. Unless the streamer is following their every move, or accumulates a back log, we can't see this happening. Mods should at the very least, not be able to refund and clear their own channel point purchases.

A better thing would be to not allow them to clear out the requests at all. Just mark them completed and to refund, but keep the digital trail. Currently the only way to find this is to be on the same page with all your other mods, and check/compare…

97 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Just add a new kind of cooldown to custom about channel points to lock the reward when you start your stream.
    Because lot of user use their reward before the streamer is ready to start his content (we don't have the time to finish the introduction and presentation of the stream ^^)

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Additional emotes that cost channel points to use. You can buy a number of uses of an emote, and you'll only be able to use it that many times unless you buy more. Host sets the price, users get to flex their channel points and display their channel wealth in chat.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Allow the feature that links can only be posted through channel points. If someone were to post a link in the normal chat, it would not go through, however if they post it through a channel point redemption, it would go through.

This feature would really benefit streamers that allow their viewers to use channel points to request videos to watch, if someone sends a link through normal chat it would not go through but if they send it through the channel point reward it would go through.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Make the Channel points API callable. So we can use this for own creations. :). Then we can program things for it, like giveaway and not only polls. Or other things. There could be many Ideas

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I'm running a Community Challenge where I will give people bot points to match the channel points they donate to the challenge. In the chat it will display the total number of points they donated to the challenge, but not the number of points they JUST donated to the challenge. This is making it difficult to keep track of what new points have been donated by each user.

Please enhance the message in the chat to include something like "FunTwitchUser just donated 50 channel points to the community challenge and has donated a total of 1340 channel points" Right now…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. It would be great to have a channel point redemption that allows you to mimic the roll of a die (aka: a random number generator; d4, d6, d8, d10, d12, d20, d100, etc). As a channel point reward this could then be limited to once a day, once every X minutes, etc.

This could be used just like a "spin the wheel" feature, where someone redeems it to make a decision for the streamer to act on.

"What are we doing today?" random number between 1-100 "Ok, looks like we're doing XYZ" (discussing a certain topic, drawing a picture, 100…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. A streamer I follow has this thing he does rarely where we establish "teams" behind different characters to show our support for them. Normally he has us change our user names to specific colors in order to show support, but a lot of the viewers dont like having to reset their color later so they dont participate.

Is there any way we could have a badge after the name, or if not possible than replacing a badge like the cheer badge, with some basic color badges, even if just circles or squares? I am thinking just a simple symbol like…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I'd like to see an option for streamers to make trivia questions for their chat. Chat can click an answer, and the people who guessed it right can get an amount of channel points that the streamer decides.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I work as a graphic designer for a streamer who exclusively likes to focus on his streams and content. It's a pain for him to have to deal with updating panels, emotes, badges, channel points, etc.

Could Twitch provide access to mods & editors to do that kind of work?

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I'd suggest moving the points counter and bonus button to the video screen in the browser version so people can redeem points without having to open chat, sometimes you don't have the chat open for various reasons and having to open and close it to check this is not ideal

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I am creating a game for an affiliate broadcaster that allows channel point redemptions to trigger in game events. It's working exactly as intended except for one small problem. Every redemption is listed the chat a it's drowning out chat's ability to communicate with each other. There should be a way to not display activity feed in chat

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. We have "Redemption Cooldown Time", "Limit Redemptions Per Stream" & "Limit Redemptions Per User Per Stream". Can we get "Redemption Cooldown Time Per User"

142 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Some streamers use channel point queues as records of redemptions across many streams. Currently marking rewards as completed removes the redemption from the streamer's view permanently. Streamers should be able to view a history of completed channel point redemptions.

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I want to be able to offer the facility to hold an auction to in effect buy and sell plots within Cities Skylines.

This would allow the viewers to effectively buy a home or business for themselves whilst I'm playing the game, so it would be named after themselves. This would create a fantastic involvement between viewers and the game.

They could then go onto my discord and agree a price with other players in order to sell their property for a profit, but we'd need a system to transfer points between users...

I feel this could be applied to…

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?