Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Channel Points

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Channel Points

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

191 results found

1. The ability to create custom rewards and have those rewards tied to either specific game or specific subscription would be neat.

Basically have global rewards that apply to all games then have some specific points that only appear/occur when playing certain categories (games).

Same with roles. We could create custom rewards that would only apply to VIPs, Followers, or to Subscribers, etc.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Right now a user has to first click on a reward to see the cooldown timer. It would be much more convenient and better UX if the user could see which rewards were available, which ones are on cooldown and what the cooldown timer is inside the channel point rewards window.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Channel points are great, but I miss one thing. I think that adding a time limit for one stream participant will significantly diversify the possibilities of points. I am annoyed when one person overuses an option at a time (e.g. he buys a drink of water several times), but if I could limit the possibility to e.g. 2 times an hour, it would make it much easier for me and maybe it would increase my involvement on the stream. in the fact that people specially colluded to buy such activities massively, because it increases their involvement and is a great…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. It would be amazing if there were an optional field to upload a short >45 second sound clip in the viewer rewards form. The current alternatives to this require various third party apps. It would be great if this was all integrated on the Twitch platform itself.

Thanks Twitch Team for all your hard work!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Moderators ability to add channel point redemption's. channel owners get the option to permit this to there moderators to add channel points by typing !permit redemption

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Please either create a second tab on the channel points redeem page that has rewards that can be claimed using bits or leave it as is but make bits a currency as well that one could select when setting up the reward instead of points. That way there can be premium rewards.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Quiz function for channelpoint/bit minigames.
    I mean in the way that you can make something like a prediction with a question on top and 4 answer possibilitys, you check the correct answer before you start the quiz and then let your community insert channelpoints or bits to the answer they think would be right.

1. It would make a fun game and CC can base a whole stream around it
    2. Even as a side feature it is a fun feature, because you can make a quiz about ingame-mechanics or facts that you know and you can interact with your community in…
    1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Currently, phone verification would restrict unverified users from chatting in streams where that moderation feature is enabled.

However, channel points rewards, especially ones that ask the viewer for a prompt (e.g. Ask a Question reward) can still be redeemed no matter if the user is verified or not.

Therefore, a feature should be added when phone / email verification is enabled, where viewers who are not verified are no longer able to redeem any of the channel points rewards the streamer would offer (but may still get channel points if they continue to watch the stream).

Additionally, this feature SHOULD…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Crear una Blockchain donde se puedan compartir puntos del canal.
    Los "Twitch Points" puntos del canal son un gran atractivo para la comunidad y los Viewers y ver a un streamer osado en ciertos juegos dan ganas de ver el canal para cambiar un desafio y hacer la experiencia de juego aun mas inmersiva. Un Ejemplo podria ser Solo Vs Duo, trio, Squad de los distintos tipos de Shooter. Si los que estamos en un stream nos gusta ver a nuestro Streamer jugar de cierta forma hay veces que quienes empiezan un canal con esa modalidad no tienen el tiempo…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Esta opción daría a lo que no pueden suscribirse de mes a mes y siempre esta aportando con su presencia, una oportunidad de disfrutar de los beneficios de ser premium

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Add a role for twitch viewers in which they essentially manage predictions. It would be identical to how moderators can currently manage predictions, however, these users would not have the other permissions of moderator (timing out / banning / slow mode etc.)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Could we get a browser source for community challenges, similar to the creator goals?

The community challenges are great and fun goals, but very hidden unless the user checks the points menu. With the 2k max points and limited participation time it's important to make sure all viewers remember/are aware of the challenge! It would be great if we could display and track the goal progress on our overlay, very similarly to the follower/sub goals.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I am not sure, but I think if somebody clicks on a channel reward, the biggest, 112px image should be used, but I think, only the 56px is used. Can you please fix this?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Channel point multiplier being more obvious before subbing

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. So I'm no expert in this sort of thing, so don't crucify me if there's any big problems with the idea but.

Would there be any scope in making channel points more valuable, so that you could spend them on actual things - perhaps even a twitch browser shop where you could buy various cosmetics to enhance your name or badges, emotes too, or directly support your favourite streamers by buying products they offer with channel points too.

I see this as having benefits for all parties, that's streamers, twitch and viewers too.

Streamers would have more concurrent viewers because…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. It would be very useful to get for moderators to be able to accept/deny channel points redeems directly from chat without having to open the request queue or modview. Like a small button saying ACCEPT and DENY just below the redeem.

For moderators who work with a lot of requests every hour this would mean managing the redeems a lot faster and easier.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. As a streamer I often miss places and redemptions for channel points while im fighting a boss. But I never miss a follow, subscribe, raids or bits because I have loud alerts to tell me when it happens. I think all streamers could appreciate the option to set a short sound alert for each channel point in the channel point edit selection. Like a box you can check to add an alert to that specific reward redemption so streamers dont have to go way back in chat or in the feed to look for them or in my case remind…

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. For some sorts of rewards, it would be convenient to allow someone to redeem the same thing more than once. If the user could choose a quantity, this would be extremely convenient and useful.

Example: Obtain tickets in a giveaway using channel points, for 100 points per ticket. Rather than have people spend 100 points at a time, spamming chat with each individual redemption, someone could choose to spend 1600 points for 16 tickets.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. There are quite a lot of issues that the mobile app has that are somewhat out of your team’s control, and I understand that. However, there are a few things that I think could improve the experience while using it. One of them is to add an option to display a small “claim points” icon in the corner when you have the stream in full screen. Currently, it’s easy to forget to claim the channel points every 15 minutes, mostly because you either have to be watching the stream vertically (which is suboptimal), or you have to have the chat…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I would like to see a log of what I've spent channel points on, at least for larger redeems (> 10000 points for example), including the current status of the request (pending / fulfilled / refunded). Sometimes I spend a large number of channel points and it can take a while for the streamer/mod team to get around to fulfilling the request, for example adding a discord role for spending points.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?