Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Channel Points

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Channel Points

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

194 results found

1. Could we get a browser source for community challenges, similar to the creator goals?

The community challenges are great and fun goals, but very hidden unless the user checks the points menu. With the 2k max points and limited participation time it's important to make sure all viewers remember/are aware of the challenge! It would be great if we could display and track the goal progress on our overlay, very similarly to the follower/sub goals.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Right now a user has to first click on a reward to see the cooldown timer. It would be much more convenient and better UX if the user could see which rewards were available, which ones are on cooldown and what the cooldown timer is inside the channel point rewards window.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Just add a new kind of cooldown to custom about channel points to lock the reward when you start your stream.
    Because lot of user use their reward before the streamer is ready to start his content (we don't have the time to finish the introduction and presentation of the stream ^^)

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Allow mods to be able to add comments/notes to reward redemptions. It may be that there are multiple steps behind the processing of a reward so being able to add a note may be useful for other mods to review

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Currently we have built a game around channel points. The issue is there is no way to disable the "claiming" of channel points in chat. This makes chat spam like crazing.

Would love a way to hide the messages showing up, while still letting users claim them

169 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. As a streamer I often miss places and redemptions for channel points while im fighting a boss. But I never miss a follow, subscribe, raids or bits because I have loud alerts to tell me when it happens. I think all streamers could appreciate the option to set a short sound alert for each channel point in the channel point edit selection. Like a box you can check to add an alert to that specific reward redemption so streamers dont have to go way back in chat or in the feed to look for them or in my case remind…

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. En gros le streamer à une barre de progression qui se remplit en fonction de ses critères(followers, subs, prime Loot, etc...) et une fois la limite atteinte, le streamer verse un nombre de points de chaîne défini(ex: 1000~1000000) qui est partagé entre les vieweurs dudit Chat!!!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Our most common support request is about broken Channel Points.

The problem happens when custom Channel Point names are changed.

This is annoying because now streamers can't change the name to their local language or other personal preferences.

If CP's receive a unique id, our Twitch extensions can communicate with that and this would provide streamers with more customisation options.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Dear Twitch,
    I strongly believe that It would be a good idea to implement a fix into twitch making people eligible to collect channel points in multiple streams at the same time. By doing this, many people will have the opportunity to redeem rewards in their favourite twitch streamers stream by simply having a tab of their stream open when ever they are live. Knowing that you are able to watch something else or even another streamer/s and still collect channel points will overall make people happy. I have had my own experience with this as it has been very…

71 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. The streamer that I mod for is busy being entertaining and streaming and keeping viewers excited, and they don't have time to go through and queue up songs for the playlist (one of the new channel point prizes we have in our channel). It would be helpful if mods had the ability to access the same interface as the streamers get, to help out.

922 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Some streamers use channel point queues as records of redemptions across many streams. Currently marking rewards as completed removes the redemption from the streamer's view permanently. Streamers should be able to view a history of completed channel point redemptions.

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. On Twitch Embed Players with video and chat (https://dev.twitch.tv/docs/embed/everything), it is currently not possible to gain Channel Points while watching.
    It is possible to spend Channel Points with an embedded player/chat, so it seems necessary to obtain them while watching as well.
    Thanks!

40 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Currently, phone verification would restrict unverified users from chatting in streams where that moderation feature is enabled.

However, channel points rewards, especially ones that ask the viewer for a prompt (e.g. Ask a Question reward) can still be redeemed no matter if the user is verified or not.

Therefore, a feature should be added when phone / email verification is enabled, where viewers who are not verified are no longer able to redeem any of the channel points rewards the streamer would offer (but may still get channel points if they continue to watch the stream).

Additionally, this feature SHOULD…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Editors can be editing the channel point menu. The Streamer that I Editor, don't have time for channel point prizes and challenges. I World be helpful if Editors have the same interface as the Streamer.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. There are a few great cooldown options for Channel Points redemptions, however I think it'd be fantastic if we could possibly have an option for an "Only available after stream has been online for X minutes/hours" as a possible cooldown option too.

As an example I have a limited redemption to give my Doggo a treat, but if this gets redeemed right at the very VERY start of the stream, people that don't arrive at the very start miss out - and if I say 'thanks for the redemption, I'll do that later' it kinda feels rude to the redeemer,…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Moderators ability to add channel point redemption's. channel owners get the option to permit this to there moderators to add channel points by typing !permit redemption

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Having a channel-specific badge that viewers can display could be a great way to allow users to flaunt long-term viewership in a channel. Similar to the way that a channel-specific bit badge operates, viewers could choose to invest Channel Points in to this badge which would upgrade to a fancier version at whatever cutoff points Twitch decides upon. This can also serve as a good catch-all purpose Channel Points redemption for channels that don't have or want extensive Channel Point options available.

109 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. For some sorts of rewards, it would be convenient to allow someone to redeem the same thing more than once. If the user could choose a quantity, this would be extremely convenient and useful.

Example: Obtain tickets in a giveaway using channel points, for 100 points per ticket. Rather than have people spend 100 points at a time, spamming chat with each individual redemption, someone could choose to spend 1600 points for 16 tickets.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Channel Point icons and reward icons currently make you upload 3 different versions of the same icon, like we used to have to do with emotes. Now we are able to upload a single image and have it auto-scaled to the proper size. Since this is clearly possible to implement, I don't understand why we still have to upload our channel point icons and reward icons 3 times.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?