Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Channel Points

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Channel Points

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

191 results found

1. Can we get group sets of Point Redeems? For instance, I have game related Redeems while streaming variety games, but I'd like to use a different set of Redeems for Music streams that don't interrupt the music playing. Currently, the Channel Point Redeems are one long list and streamers have to turn on/off individual Redeems one at a time. Can we have it where a group of Point Redeems can be turned off or on? It would be similar to the UX/UI of the newly updated Twitch Alerts. Visuals for what I'm talking about linked in my Tweet below. Thanks!!!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. MAKE THE DANG THING BIGGER! Better yet, make this feature a window instead of a popup that's so small that only 3 icons of the 20+ redeems people have on streams. It's impossible to look thru, especially with terrible eye sight on massive displays.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Please Make this feature available for PS5

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Channel Point Redemptions should offer a bit payment alternative that the streamer can toggle to allow for a channel redemption to be exclusively bits or channel points or both. For Example: If a viewer doesn't have enough channel points to trigger redemption we should have the option to give the viewer the ability to trigger that redemption with a bit value set by the streamer instead. Currently I am using a third party software that can trigger alerts and media on my OBS Studio with channel point redemptions. The benefit of adding the ability to charge bits for redemptions would…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I believe it would be beneficial to have the following configuration options:

• Redeemable Times: It is not possible to set a value less than 1 for this item. Infinite can be set.

• Management Unit: Redemption frequency and required point management can be set on a user or channel basis.
      In the case of user-based management, redemption frequency and required points are managed per user. In this case, the initial value for the first redemption by any user will be set to the configured initial value.
      In the case of channel-based management, redemption frequency and required points are common to all…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Several streamers have similar redeems of the same cost. For example, to play different sounds, to apply different voice-modifiers, to activate different light-effects, to change the avatar's outfit.

Streamers who have many option available, it will create a very long list of redeems, making the list cumbersome to go through. So an idea is that all redeems of the same type is grouped together into a single redeem, which sub-redeems, where you set the price for the group, and all sub-redeems have the same price.

This would not only make the list less cluttered and easier for watchers to go…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. It is not that big of a change but it still bugs me. This will more likely be a quality of life kind of change.i always saw channel points in K(like 15K points) but after I have changed my mobile, could be cuz I am Indian and we use thousands to count but it changed to T(15T). I just liked the good ol K and I did not find any way to revert it or change it. Would be nice if you have a standard of representation,or if that is not possible, give us a feature to change how to…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I would love the ability to tie similar redeems to a group to share a global cooldown. Example: i have two redeems thats change my model both on 5min cooldowns. If someone redeems one it starts a timer on my side but if someone redeems the other during that it is lost.

Basically i'd like a redeem "group" so if any redeem is made in the group, all redeems in the group are put on cooldown.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I would like more channel points settings:

1. make Community Challenge without an expiration date. Or make a separate section as a "Points Goal". Let's say if you get a certain number of points then there will be something. Essentially the same system, but long-term.

2. Give viewers the opportunity in the rewards themselves to enter the number of points he wants to spend. For example, to compile the top games on the stream. And the viewer himself will add how many points he wants to add. Instead of the streamer creates several rewards with a fixed number.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. A chat message on Twitch is limited to 500 characters. This same limitation is applied to redeems that requires the user to input text.

Let the streamer be allowed to choose a custom max limit on a reedem like this, which is useful for when you redeem a phrase to be read by the streamer. When a limit like this is set, a character counter can be displayed when typing.

Like for polls, there could possibly also be an option to be allowed to "purchase" additional blocks for points (done automatically). For example, say a phrase redeem costs 500 points,…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I don't want the channel points themselves.
    So I wish there was a feature to disable channel points from increasing.
    I also wish there was a feature to zero channel points.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I see too many channels with duplicated rewards.

Examples:
    -sound alert: scream, sound alert: knock knock, ...
    -make me wear a lutin hat, make me wear a pirate hat, ...

Sometimes the streamer has the idea to give all the possible choices in the description of one rewards, but it makes big descriptions, and it is not always possible when they are handled by an app. Moreover the viewer may forget to write what choice he wants.

My idea is to be able to propose several options for each rewards, and when a viewer want to buy it he would…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Voy a explicarlo en español y luego intentaré traducirlo al inglés, para que de este modo la gente pueda entender correctamente cuál es mi sugerencia y creo que es más que necesaria que esté implantada en twitch.

Comenzaré con un ejemplo:
    Streamer está haciendo directo y uno de sus moderadores canjea puntos que le obligan a hacer gimnasia.
    Le envía 10 veces lo de hacer gimnasia y el streamer se ve obligado a hacerlo puesto que el usuario ha gastado puntos.

Termina el directo y el streamer en los minutos después de finalizar el directo, va a la lista de…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Hello to all the twitch community, I had an idea for the channel points. I thought of a channel point that would be called "first" and that the followers could spend their points to get it first quickly. When they get the channel point first they would also get a temporary badge to indicate that they are the first to arrive on the live. The channel point would be available once per streamer for a single viewer.

As for the developers on twitch, you just have to set up the temporary first badge and that's it. The twitch community could…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. It would be awesome if I can simply type in my fav streamer chat (/pointgive user quantity ) and give my points to someone after the streamer or mods aprove it on the request queue or something like that

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Please fix or add as a Feature for Console Streamers to be able to view redeemed Channel Points, since so far this can only be reviewed via PC.

We need a way to see when they have been redeemed, also on phone.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. An option to pick who can use your channel point redeems would be nice. Like, everyone vs followers only vs subs only. And, perhaps, making it more clear if you can ban individual accounts from your channel points would be nice too. I don't want someone with a chat ban spamming redeems or taking them up so our followers/non banned users can't use them.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. For variety streamers, it would be wonderful to be able to put certain channel point rewards into folders that can be turned on and off with the flip of a switch.

For example, I could put all my "Fallguys" rewards into a "Fallguys" folder. Then the entire folder could be turned on. When I play a different game, I could turn the folder off.

With the current system, we have to go through a huge list of rewards turning each individual reward on and off when switching games. The end result is that many streamers just have rewards that don't…

779 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Many streamers use this feature to react to something from the internet recommended by the audience.
    some streamers spend hours and hours reacting to videos, audios and even artwork created in the artistic environment.
    If this channel point were present as optional in real life custom points.

It could be in this form.

Name: React
    Description: I react to a video, music, art or the like that you send me

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Allow for the ability to gain channel points on TV applications, as that is a way many twitch users view content

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?