Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Channel Points

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Channel Points

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

194 results found

1. Add a list of options to choose from for a channel point redemption. For example I allow users to change the stream layout. Rather than having 3 separate icons I could have one and they can choose the option. The output in chat would be the same as if they typed the message out. I'd also like them to be able to change the greenscreen background and adding 3 or 4 more redemption options would start to clutter the points screen.

49 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I've personally found great difficulty creating anything significant out of channel points simply because there isn't a way to be reliably notified when a prize has been redeemed. If they functioned in a similar way to Followers or Subscribers where it's API can be accessed, this could improve upon its function significantly.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. A streamer I follow has this thing he does rarely where we establish "teams" behind different characters to show our support for them. Normally he has us change our user names to specific colors in order to show support, but a lot of the viewers dont like having to reset their color later so they dont participate.

Is there any way we could have a badge after the name, or if not possible than replacing a badge like the cheer badge, with some basic color badges, even if just circles or squares? I am thinking just a simple symbol like…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I'd like to see an option for streamers to make trivia questions for their chat. Chat can click an answer, and the people who guessed it right can get an amount of channel points that the streamer decides.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Instead of only a limit per stream, allow channel point rewards to be redeemed per a time frame (every 15 mins,m, 30 mins, etc.)

-Aqajj

42 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Would making highlighted messages for twitch moderators be possible as some sort of tool?

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Looking at the API documenting for channel rewards, I found the following:

https://dev.twitch.tv/docs/api/reference#update-custom-reward

The Custom Reward specified by id must have been created by the client_id attached to the access token.

I'm not really sure what the design was behind locking channel point updating to only the client that created the channel point, but it adds a lot of unnecessary work on 3rd party integrations to work around this. 3rd party apps that want to allow users to customize the channel points they already made now have to go through the hassle of re-creating them through the 3rd party app…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Hello,
    Here is one of my suggestions for channel points. In the " Community " tab in the Creator Dashboard then in " Channel Points ", add a board where you can see the ranking of people with the most channel points. We as a streamer can manage users as reset, add or remove channel points. We could also set up an extension below the stream to put the channel point ranking in public.

Thank you for taking the time to read,
    Gaming_RB

This message has been translated.

Bonjour,
    Voici une de mes suggestions au niveau des points de chaînes.…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Why can xbox earn channel points when watching but PlayStation cant? Also you can easily add the clickable channel points feature just make it so you click triangle or something. Please I beg!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Make the Channel points API callable. So we can use this for own creations. :). Then we can program things for it, like giveaway and not only polls. Or other things. There could be many Ideas

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. IRC could send a USERNOTICE on any rewards obtained by the viewers.

In that way we could automate some rewards without changing much to the most popular bot format : a IRC client without any Pubsub implementation.

Current IRC format allows to automate custom rewards with mandatory text input via custom-reward-id.

So we have to force text input for these rewards, and it's only an extra step forced to viewers. As this extra step is not necessary, and most Twitch user-related actions are handled by USERNOTICE events, it would fit nicely in this event.

66 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. This might be pretty niche, but I'll describe my situation.

I'm using similarly priced channel point redemptions in tiers based on an alignment (good, neutral, bad) and using color (green, blue, red) to structure them. It's mostly for aesthetic, but when presented to the viewer, I'd like to be able to have each of the columns be one color.

For instance, my first "tier" is a custom greeting for 25 points. Friendly (Good), Fatherly (Neutral), or Confrontational (Bad).

I'd like for that presentation to continue onto the next tier, which is small talk for 50 points, so that it would…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I would like to see Twitch implement a Channel Points command. For example "/cp **" where ** is the name of the reward.

We make extensive use of the Channel Points system and have about 40 rewards. Our regulars have said that it is sometimes difficult to find the reward they are looking for in a timely manner in order to affect what happens on-stream through a 3rd party application called Lioran Board.

Channel Points are a great tool for viewer engagement, but the method of finding a reward needs to be easy and streamlined. Not clunky and inconvenient.…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I'd suggest moving the points counter and bonus button to the video screen in the browser version so people can redeem points without having to open chat, sometimes you don't have the chat open for various reasons and having to open and close it to check this is not ideal

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1. Being able to convert channel points into bits to use for that specific channel where you collected the channel points. Twitch can set an amount that would be beneficial to them and the Broadcaster.

2. Being able to use the channel points to subscribe to the channel. I mean we are there watching and supporting the broadcaster but it would bring in more viewers and watch time if the channel points actually mean something and is useful.

Example where channel points don't matter at all is at Maximilian_Dood's channel who is one of my favorite broadcasters. I have accrued so many…

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Allow the streamer to add a % discount to all or some of the redemption rewards (ie. Hydrate is 1000, but with a 20% discount it becomes 800). Go all out with it and add a "20% OFF" tag on that redemption to make it known. More of a quality of life thing since this can be done by changing the points manually, but seeing a discount and making a big deal about it would get people more excited about it.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. You can enter custom bets on a browser, but on mobile you can only bet in increments of 10. Please add a custom amount option while on mobile.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I think the community channel points feature could be expanded to be a battle system. Team A vs Team B or idea 1 vs idea 2. For example I wanted to do a channel point community battle for Horde v Alliance. First team to get XYZ points wins. I had to enter this manually but would have been awesome to be automatic like the other immunity challenge. Or a tug of war type system would be really great. Could be used for many incentives/ideas across channels.

TLDR: channel point battles

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?