Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

DMCA

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

DMCA

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

1. You need to implement a faster, more direct way which also allows for a better detailed description from the accused user as your drop down box doesnt cut it. Also how do your BOTS not know what tracks ARE royalty free, i am sick and tired of having my audio muted because of this and then never being unmuted. Given the fact i also pay for Premium, to make sure i get better quality tracks that are 100% DMCA approved.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  DMCA Strikes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. The whole problem with public performance rights comes from the fact that you're a venue and aren't paying PROs. At the same time, I feel like you're really hurting musicians much more than game-streamers. Please pay PROs like you're required to do. This does not affect VODs or Clips, because that is sync licensing. However, for DJs and other performers, you are very much breaking the law by not having a license with one (or multiple) of the PROs. No wonder the PROs and labels are coming after you, if you won't pay your dues. In the same manner, it…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. The editor of a channel should get the ability (or be given the ability at the approval of the streamer) to review and submit counter claims on muted audio and claimed clips/VODs. This would allow the editor to be able to provide additional editing support of VODs and clips.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  DMCA Strikes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. I appealed the day I streamed 11/27/2020 that I was not playing the song indicated. "Epic" songs have many sounds in common. I have the name of the song played and screenshot proof it was not the song in question. Yet NADA from Twitch. If you offer an appeal process, you actually need to respond to people. Now it is 1/25/2021 and my video is about to expire. Really, Twitch? This is pathetic. Normally I'm pretty mellow and patient. But my patience is gone. The appeal process isn't one at all. It's a wait until the problem goes away issue.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. I think if Twitch is going to be taking copyright more seriously moving forward, then they need to include video games in that as well. As it stands, there are many streamers, both partnered and otherwise, profiting off someone else's work without their explicit permission or sponsorship. I know this is an unpopular opinion, but video games should require permission/sponsorship to broadcast just like any other copyrighted material.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. I see a lot of affiliated and partnered streamers using characters from licensed works without permission as their emotes. Emotes should be regulated the same way as anything else – if you don't have permission from the original creator, you can't use it.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. DMCA safe music options are all well and good, but is Twitch seeking any partnerships with Amazon Music, Spotify or similar services to offer streamers a way to use popular music while streaming? I know that I, for one, would be willing to pay a reasonable fee and run a bot that announced the song that is playing to provide a convenient link back to where my audience could purchase the track from the rights holder. There's money to be made here, and satisfaction to be had by viewers. Not to mention exposure for artists and rights holders.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. we as creators should be able to appeal or submit a ticket to keep our VODS up.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Are there any leniency or fair use protection against dmca for IRL streamers if music plays in the background. Can they counter claim the dmca? What are best practices for dealing with music in public.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. I got a muted section of video recently due to music Fallout 76 creates all by itself, legally in game. How can I defend against that! If I stream my favorite game and someone has the in game radio on, Twitch algorithms will think its DMCA strike time and if this happens one or two more times I will lose my account. Again all for in game music! I am terrified of losing my beloved twitch account, I have come to truly love it here. I am a cyber refugee of the Great Mixer Debacle and don't always know what…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. It seems that the motivation behind the RIAA et al. sending these notices is that they think people are going to watch these streams to listen to music, instead of buying it or listening to it on existing music streaming services. Which is obviously silly, but it made me think that linking back to the official license holder's store or a way to purchase/listen to their music as it comes up in a stream may pacify them. So people who take this option when streaming would be allowed to play music as long as links came automatically in chat, and…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Do not know if this has already been suggested, since there is not a search function for this, but having the ability to hide/private your clips, vods, and highlights both created by you and your viewers, especially for DMCA material. This would then allow streamers to review their material at their own pace without worrying about publicly viewed clips or vods. They could then decided to delete, export, or re-release their vods and clips to the public.

Haven't checked recently but I do not believe there is a mass export of clips either. This seems like an essential feature to…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. How about integrating Spotify into Twitch streams, so that creators can start listening to their spotify playlist, which will be linked some tickbox to toggle whether you want to hear the music as well. That way, since it would require all users to have a Spotify account, it wouldn't be a DMCA violation. At the very least, it should help some aspects of this widespread issue and make it easier for creators to safely integrate music to their streams.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. How about making a tool where we're able to link a music streaming platform (Pandora, spotify, SoundCloud) to our twitch.

Maybe you guys can find a license agreement where by having a paid account with the music platform and linking the two, we might be allowed to play music on stream. Maybe with a volume limit.

Perhaps a tool where we can play music from that does not get recorded on the VOD or clips. Kinda like a 2 track system where 1 is left out of the final mix.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. if twitch had tools to promote the music on stream with links to the music well that would be better. Games that have copyright music in it could be listed on the twitch platform & the streamer could use the game tag so all the songs from the game is listed on the stream to buy.

with the case of the music getting pirated well artist and music companies ect will still at least get some of the revenue and the streamer could promote it more in their stream, the bigger the streamer, the more it sells. no need to…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  DMCA Strikes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. I stream my own music, 100% created by me. Many times, this includes improvised material created on the spot - so it would never be trackable via any digital rights system. Twitch gives no guidelines about this, but should call out specific rules to be sure artists like myself are not wrongly accused of a violation.

I am an ASCAP member of 30+ years, but that does nothing to help me in these cases. Material created in an improv context can not go through the same checks and balances as pre-recorded material released via album or download. Twitch needs to…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. If we're going to get muted sections due to copyrighted music, at least allow us to upload a revised audio clip for the muted segment. Give the streamer the opportunity to, for example, upload a voiceover to convey what the viewer is missing in the muted section, narrating the gameplay, etc. This revised segment can go through an approval process with Twitch to ensure the voiceover doesn't further violate copyright if need be.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. This could be an idea to utilize for current Partner and Affiliate Streamers in risk or in potential risk of DMCA. Whenever you load up any media sharing application on Discord, you have the option to share your screen; in this you can show anyone what is happening on your screen with your audio. For other streamed applications that are restricted for sharing in Discord's system like Netflix and Prime Video ( To say a few). This restriction doesn't allow visuals (not audio) in which you can only hear the video audio and your friends talking in a group chat.…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. There is no section for me to put the link to the Copyright Free Music link in the appeal as evidence to fight against wrongful muting. I feel like this should be integral.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Creators who pay for music streaming services like spotify, pandora, apple music ect. should be allowed to play music from those platforms on stream. They pay to use a service that allows them to listen to music uninterrupted, and artists and labels get paid for the streams played. It makes sense. Partnering with a music streaming service could be beneficial for twitch as well. Limiting creator's choices in the content they're allowed to use, and punishing them for something they may already pay for isn't right. Please excuse me if i seem ignorant. but it doesn't make sense to me.…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?