Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

DMCA

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

1. Offer a Streamer License through Amazon Music that would allow purchasers the allowance to use RIAA and other representative music organizations music that is paid for. I know Amazon is a LARGE company and not every branch talks to one another, but this would be a quick and seemingly feasible solution.

Facebook is HUGE and understandably was able to work a deal out with labels and rights orgs in order to create an AMAZING feature for people who stream to their platform. Amazon, while also massive, has the channels in place and could work out terms if they so desired.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  DMCA Strikes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. The fact that copyright holders are sending DMCA strikes for people who are listening to music during their stream is absurd. It's commercially absurd. It's ethically absurd and its practically absurd.

First of all the behaviour by publishers is completely against their own interests and is completely ignorant of how people consume content on the internet. This isn't surprising given that these industries are essentially dominated by boomer dinosaurs who used to sell us CDs at 30 dollars a pop (30 dollars in the 90s).

Now we can access any song we want with a click of a button. Most…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  DMCA Strikes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. I am a DJ and I pay Mixcloud $15 per month to livestream on their service. Paying this monthly fee entitles me to play copyrighted music in my DJ sets, which completely protects me from a DMCA takedown. The revenue which Mixcloud receives from my monthly payment directly compensates Performing Rights Organzations (such as BMI, SESAC, ASCAP, SOCAN, GMR) who then pay royalties to the artists & music labels. I believe Twitch should implement a "pay to play" model similar to this, which would effectively protect a streamer if they were to play copyrighted music during a livestream (or if…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Can you please just pay the labels for licensing already? This is getting really old. The artists want us to play their music.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Create a database of commonly struck games that links with Game library on the dashboard. Then have a warning that displays when a streamer changes category to a game that is commonly struck by the game's (or music creator's) rights holder(s) so a streamer is aware and ready to deal action AFTER or make plans before.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. A notification in the Creator Dashboard of how many strikes you have, any strikes you receive, and the ability to handle said strike.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  DMCA Strikes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. I've decided to go on a bit of a rant regarding the current DMCA-system in place. While it's a stretch to call it constructive, seeing as I can't offer a viable second option, I still feel a need to express my opinion on this.

The current system you have in place is pure destruction for the platform. Not allowing streamers to stream the music they want is a change I find it hard to accept. And I don't even stream myself. If I was considering it, I definitely won't with the current situation.

There has to be some workaround on…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. I would love for there to be a place full of approved music. Like with YouTube, have a page, tab, or something with music that wont get copyright stuck. Especially since even some game music can get strikes. I don't want to get in trouble and I only recently learned that you can't play everyday music. It would be awesome if you would compile a list of music for people to be able to play without getting in trouble. Please and Thank You

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. During the current situation of the pandemic removing DJs from crucial entertainment venues, more DJs have turned to Twitch to help with their financial crisis while most clubs and bars are closed, as well as keeping their performing art fresh.

While DMCA is still putting a tight grip on recorded music on stream, and DJs are currently doing everything they can to prevent full tracks being played during their sets, will DJing on Twitch still become accessible during this time? Also, what is the policy for music mixed and cut up on the fly?

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Hey Twitch i have a question for you. Since DMCA as taken advantage like others and including myself that uses Twitch Soundtrack. Should Twitch add a feature where broadcasters can sign up for music license to play that music on the stream. I think this great idea for Twitch! Thanks being platform throughout my two years streaming!
    Twitch Affliate,
    NoahTheGamer808tv

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Give streamers the ability to unlock additional channel emote slots for having an account in good standing for something like 90 days.

Incentives do wonders for changing habits and creating new routines.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  DMCA Strikes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Months ago, I filed for an appeal on another twitch channel I run and I never got a response. There’s no way for me to contact about being updated. Also, when filing the appeal, there was no way for me to attach proof that I had permission from the artist to use their song. So, attachments when filing an appeal needs to be a thing. And again, I never heard back so that part of the one video is still muted despite appeal being filed months ago and having the artist’s permission in writing

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Twitch should find a way to reimburse or provide recompense for the unfair and extremely short timeframe to deal with their VODs. Many streamers lost years of content because they simply didn't have time to download and archive their VODs, which is absolutely unacceptable in this industry. Twitch has acknowledged that they screwed up, so let's hear them state what their plans are for making it right to those negatively affected.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Mod command to introduce a deliberate EXT-X-DISCONTINUITY into the live m3u playlist and remove the last eg five minutes from a live VOD from public view. Saves having to delete entire VOD if something goes wrong - particularly for IRL outdoor streamers who have much less control over their environment!

Minutes as an optional parameter with 5m default? Command privs for streamer, mods and video producers?

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. DEAR READER(S),

There needs to be an extension in the amount of time content creators are allowed to fix or remove disputed content.

BANNING AN ACCOUNT out right is uncalled for considering other rightfully banned accounts that are intentionally uploading and maintaining disputed content without multiple warnings and flags in place as well as assistance to edit and/or remove content.

1. MORE WARNING FLAGS FOR CREATORS

2. LONGER DURATION TO RECOVER/REMOVE CONTENT

3. IMMEDIATE NOTIFICATION TO FOLLOWERS/SUBS FOR AN ACCOUNT'S REMOVAL

Admin Edit: Please avoid requests for suspension appeals for specific users

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Seeming some songs on Spotify are blocked by Twitch due to copyright issues perhaps we could get an app or something where we can put a URL for a Spotify playlist and it checks wither a song would be blocked or not, this way we could tailor playlists to be free of copyright infringement but still suit the vibe and style of our streams. Sadly there is nothing we can check songs against at present so this would be a great way to work it.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. he puesto musica sin copyright y aveces me la silenciaba twitch, por miedo mis stream ahora soin aburridos simn musica

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Amazon, which owns Twitch, has their own music service. IIRC there is also an extension that allows Amazon Prime Members to share their currently playing Amazon Music lists with other Amazon Prime members. What would the feasibility of allowing Amazon Music Prime members to share their currently playing lists with everyone like the Watch Parties?

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?