Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

DMCA

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

DMCA

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

1. I’ve tried to triple check my clarity. Can I get in trouble for singing a copyrighted song if I use nothing like the music, original voice, etc? Just musicless karaoke style?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I had ~5 minutes of my Twitch video muted for "Birds and Sirens - Queens April 2020" (a YT video) - which is literally just birds chirping and police sirens. This is not music, this couldn't possibly be legitimate. This is clearly in bad faith.

You can improve DMCA/Copyright issues on Twitch by confirming legitimacy prior to approval or action being taken.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Were all broadcasters right? So why can't we play music like a radio station. What is the difference?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. If I delete my video right after my stream , is there still any issues with DMCA or does Twitch even after deleting have a copy that DMCA can srike you on ?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. I like the idea with the soundtrack by twitch. But instead of just it applying to the music on there. That app should be able to cut any song from VODs thats outside that app. For example Itunes or Spotify.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. I feel like Twitch should have a better way of dealing with dmca Claims and instead of banning or suspending Channels. U should give us a tool to edit out the copyrighted parts of a VOD

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Hello, this is CuppOfCocoa. A few months back, I sent a message to support asking if playing original video game music (for example, having Mario music playing in the background) is safe for DMCA, but the response was that there was not enough information available to give the answer. A friend of mine said that it should be safe, because if you were to be playing that video game (Mario) and streaming it, you would be having the original video game music on stream anyway; I wanted to see if there was new information/an official answer on this (Nintendo might…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Will I get striked by DMCA if i sing a phrase of a popular song even without instruments and stuff?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. I think it would be great if streamers can choose to pay a small monthly or yearly fee to be able to play copyrighted music on their stream (the fee would pay the royalties to the artists). Basically like a PPL/PRS licence.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. How should we know which songs we are or are not allowed on our stream is there any simple way for that?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. The most obvious and fair interpretation would be someone who continues to infringe on specific copyrighted content after a DMCA takedown request, but it would be very helpful to know exactly what Twitch means by this.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Why did some people receive multiple strikes from the takedown fiasco

And will you give us a way to remove strikes, living on the edge of 1 strike and your whole career is gone, is very demotivating to produce any more content.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  DMCA Strikes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. modifying the process used in DMCA to make VOD's temporarily unavailable until the alleged content violation can be legally resolved between the Streamer and the alleged rights holder, with the streamer having the option to mute the segment of the VOD that can be agreed is in violation if any, given that some detection software is prone to errors scanning hundreds of thousands of hours of VODs

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. It’d be great if we could plug in a youtube link into a DMCA checker and see if its DMCA approved. People tell me lofi songs are ok while others dont! Pretty confusing!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. WeDiscoverGeeks is my educational firm that teaches lessons on STEAM Edutainment, Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, Makers, Music, Video Games, and Cosplay. Some of our education streams deal with music lessons with popular songs, how does the DMCA rights affect our lesson plans?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Not a lot of the music streamers/performers have their own music. A lot of us music streamers are also people trying to get to the industry but still have no resources or skills to their own music. Our main way to get through the first step is covering and practicing music from original creators. We know we don't own all of our music but we want to learn and start from these music. We also know that all music are influenced by others as well. So this is kind of impeding us to share music and to grow. I know…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. If you delete VODs, are they still be targeted by DMCA and give bans?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. This might not be simple but seeing that Twitch has a lot of money, I don't think purchasing music labels is too out of line.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. For the DMCA / copyright issue, you can agree with youtube somehow and open a bar above the chat (temporary). This bar can be a place behind the song that the broadcaster wants, just like twitch's relationship with the prime video, where we can control the sound ourselves or turn off the song. In this area, the first question is whether the broadcaster can play the song they want in the background, and we have two options: "play" or "not". When you press yes play, let the song play in the back and add to the number of views of…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?