Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

DMCA

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

DMCA

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

1. Important: I just speak about how to use existing mechanics - I don't discuss the actual mutes behaviour. 90% of my material "survives" and so I'm fine with it.

Twitch could identify songs, mute and the more tell the dj (appeal function) which material is muted and also could separate muted from unmuted material.

1st tool / "precheck": It should be easy to create a tool for dj's to upload playlists and get a ok/not ok feedback from tool.

2st tool / "ok list": Twitch could identify the unmuted music played every day by dj's and pass out an index/list…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  DMCA Strikes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 트위치에서 라이센스를 구매해서 문제가 없게끔 해주세요

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Do not know if this has already been suggested, since there is not a search function for this, but having the ability to hide/private your clips, vods, and highlights both created by you and your viewers, especially for DMCA material. This would then allow streamers to review their material at their own pace without worrying about publicly viewed clips or vods. They could then decided to delete, export, or re-release their vods and clips to the public.

Haven't checked recently but I do not believe there is a mass export of clips either. This seems like an essential feature to…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. With the issue of DMCA being a bigger issue now than it was years ago, content creators on Twitch are getting more up in arms about how Twitch is handling the entire situation. There are several ways that Twitch could have handled the massive batch DMCA claims they have gotten, but there is no way of going back and fixing that now, so here are some steps Twitch can currently implement to better handle incoming and currently outstanding DMCA claims.

When a DMCA claim is made, the content creator should get an email with which highlight, VoD, or clip was…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/17/512 Twitch needs to look at the actual letter of the law and unless the person doing the strike does everything as required in paragraph section C. Paragraph 3, Subsection A, no strike is valid or legal as ruled by US Ninth Circuit Court in Lenz v. Universal Music Corp resolved on September 14, 2015

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  DMCA Strikes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Can we have an API to pro-actively check music against the detection algorithm to know ahead of time if we should use it or not? I feel pretty blind when it comes to playing custom tracks for Beat Saber for example. If I could pre-screen the music through the algorithm first, that could be handy. Allowing me to sort it into "streamable" and "non-streamable".

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. I would like to get all of the streaming platforms, some big name streamers from each, some partners, some affiliates, and some just starting to stream, and then get them together with Record Labels, some of their artists who are both for and against us using their songs in online streaming, and a panel of congress men and women to sit down discuss the Copyright and DMCA Laws, and then work together to Change it to benefit everyone.

It's time we sit down and discuss this matter to ensure that things like playing music on a video game stream, is…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Create a database of commonly struck games that links with Game library on the dashboard. Then have a warning that displays when a streamer changes category to a game that is commonly struck by the game's (or music creator's) rights holder(s) so a streamer is aware and ready to deal action AFTER or make plans before.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. The games I stream (Fallout 4/Fallout 76) have in-game radio stations, and these seem to be getting flagged; I imagine Bioshock and Grand Theft Auto would face the same problem. Can we have some clarification on how music that comes in a game is being handled? I don't have external music in any of my streams (unless I'm singing along with the in-game radio).

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. How about integrating Spotify into Twitch streams, so that creators can start listening to their spotify playlist, which will be linked some tickbox to toggle whether you want to hear the music as well. That way, since it would require all users to have a Spotify account, it wouldn't be a DMCA violation. At the very least, it should help some aspects of this widespread issue and make it easier for creators to safely integrate music to their streams.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Hello The idea is in general ,
    You as a company could turn this around in a bigger picture ,
    here is how you go about this Pitch the idea of using Twitch / Amazon as new way to drive sales for Record labels .
    How it would work ,
    Twitch gets a new part of the UI/UX where the music played in the stream this would be basically be literally a piece of the UX UI that would link to the store where the user could buy 1 song the whole albums , CDs , Vinil, etc .
    why…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 12-11-20 was the first communication from your platform regarding DMCA strikes. I am one of the minnow streamers you decided not to merge into your communication program. DMCA strikes for folks like me - not a concern for Twitch? Not going to expend your resources in that way?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Using the DMCA sensor data identify the affected frames. Sample the creator voice frequency scope keep it in the resampled version and remove every other sound from the content. Replace the "Striked" content with the DMCA filtered resample. This leads to the possibility of re-usuing the content with the option of the creator ads a new sound layer to the content. In sum give a chance to keep the content, clean of DMCA preserved for the future to see.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. First off Twitch, you are very wrong if you think that I or many other affiliate streamers who receive zero exposure from your algorithms are worried about DMCA. Maybe the big streamers are more easily influenced by their contractual obligations, but not the rest of the community who make no profit or gain by streaming on your platform.

Secondly, let's start off with a little about the music industry and licensing itself. As a founder and operator of an online radio station, I have paid alone in licensing/royalties over 8 years close to $10,000. I am a firm believer that…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Twitch has become a lifeline for many streamers impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic, in particular club and mobile DJs whose only source of income has been cut off in recent months. Therefore, it is essential that streaming services like Twitch remain a viable outlet for music users, while providing fair compensation to songwriters, recording artists, and record labels.

Unfortunately, U.S. copyright law is still vastly out of touch within the marketplace for independent DJs, many of whom make little or no income from their online broadcasts. This certainly presents a unique challenge in the case of Twitch. DJs either run…

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Most game's have licensed music like RDR2 or other games that have music imbedded in at the start middle or otherwise in the game, being muted or getting a strike or muted because of in-game music is a bit wrong when it's outta the streamers hand's no matter how much we minimize thing's like that do happen!! Take a step back for a bit and make sure it's worth a copy right strike!! Those of us that stream the game with no music except for what we can't help during the game shouldn't have to worry about being banned or…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. "Most importantly, don’t play recorded music in your stream unless you own all rights in the music, or you have the permission of the necessary rights holder(s)."

My idea is don't contradict yourself, Twitch Staff.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Twitch should hire/contract out some of their own content creators to develop music and sounds that are twitch owned so people can pull from those resources without penalty. This way you provide raw resources for old and newcomer streamer's content, while giving back to the community with work.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Not so much an idea, but I and dozens of my DJ friends only signed up with Twitch, because we're all out of work from the pandemic, and livestreaming DJ sets was our only outlet at this time. We don't even really make any profit, short of a few bucks from donations. This is mainly for therapy.

And most of the DJ's I know, don't even play mainstream/top 40 music in our sets. Is there any other legal options, besides doing private Zoom parties, or signing up for a premium Mixcloud account for us? I've been doing a weekly Sunday…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  DMCA Strikes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. With the vast diversity of streamers ranging from young to old, professional to casual, Twitch needs to assign an expert to review the various EULAs for the games streaming on Twitch. This would provide more efficient, consistent, and helpful EULA interpretation, and it would enable mechanisms for Twitch and game companies to resolve problems with EULAs and potential DMCA issues quickly and efficiently.

Twitch should have one point person (or small team) review legal documents such as EULAs and identify key points relevant to streamers. They should then communicate those points to streamers and build additional relevant safeguards into Twitch…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?