Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

DMCA

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

DMCA

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

1. Bonjour MICKAEL66FR,

Le titulaire des droits d'auteur a revendiqué du contenu utilisé dans votre vidéo à l'aide de Content ID.

Par conséquent, votre vidéo a été bloquée et ne peut plus être visionnée sur YouTube.

Il ne s'agit pas d'un avertissement pour atteinte aux droits d'auteur. Cette réclamation n'a pas d'incidence sur l'état de votre compte.

Titre de la vidéo : [FR] - (IE) - Alpha 3.12.0 - LIVE - 22/12/2950 - cargos - colis - minage !
    Contenu protégé par des droits d'auteur : Nothing
    Revendiquée par : WMG

Raisons possibles

Votre vidéo contient peut-être du contenu protégé par
    1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  DMCA Strikes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. A PRS license would allow copyright holders to get a piece of revenue from it, that sounds fair?

Could we stream copyrighted music if that happened?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. DMCA is in the long and short run a USA policy that does not cover or attempt to handle a International Audiance. As Twitch needs to change to WIPO (World Intellectual Property Orginization) standards like YouTube, Netflix and other companies. Mind you the WIPO does respect the DMCA but unlike that policy was founded and created with a international audience in mind. Numerous counties, and the US is inculded, do recognize the WIPO as being fully legal and binding for international copyright issues.

A good example of this is Viacom vs YouTube. Viacom used DMCA against YouTube in a lawsuit…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. It should be noted that DMCA is NOT International and strictly a USA thing not really recognized by international law. It is however a extention of the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) as interpited by the USA. That being said I belive that Twitches respect and use of it could be better improved if the WIPO was taken in to consideration instead of the DMCA.

Note this is does not mean dumping the DMCA as the WIPO is that at it's core. I am only noting this as Twich deals with a international market, which the DMCA never took in…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. My idea for VODs is to add a mass delete option like there is for the clips section to help people who have so many videos where it takes too much time to delete one by one

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. I am extremely confused why "Sort & Delete Clips by date, game, or view count" is being pushed back to Q3/Q4 of 2021. That is an entire year from now and is unacceptable given the recent situation regarding clips being targeted for DMCA because of the system's failures to protect creators.

Twitch has prioritized VOD management over clips. Let me tell you something, as someone who has used the website for years and is a full time streamer that manages many other stream channels big and small: VOD management is NOT what people need more tools for at this time.…

45 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Will DMCA affect "Existing Twitch Categories" That are related to "Music-Related Games"?

These games listed below are already "Existing Twitch Categories":

Rock Band
    Guitar Hero
    Rocksmith
    Beat Saber

All the Categories that were just listed have multiple Sub-Genre Categories. These Categories are amazing to browse and it's pleasing to be both able to Play, Watch and Listen to these categories for music that you enjoy.

With DMCA Involvement. What is going to happen to these Categories? I don't play these games myself. But at the same time. A wide variety of Creators who I Mod for in chat or just…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. tool - precheck Alerts / Musik - for DMCA -

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Ich benutze Soundtrack von Twitch. Warum werden trotzdem in meinen VoD teilweise Passagen gemuted?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. he puesto musica sin copyright y aveces me la silenciaba twitch, por miedo mis stream ahora soin aburridos simn musica

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Dear Twitch, I was wondering if streaming Just Dance or Guitar Hero is allowed on your platform, since there is a lot of copyrighted music in these games. I don't know how the licenses work in that case.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. if a producer said that he will not take any legal movement if anyone use his music on stream, we are not going to be banned?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Se eu toco uma música com direitos autorais, mas possuo o direito do autor para utilizar sua música. Como eu faço se meu vod for mutado? O que preciso para comprovar que tenho o direito do autor para tocar suas músicas?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. We really need to come up with something that allows streamers to play any kind of music they want and watchers to post song requests without having content deleted or the creators having to deal with strikes/bans/etc, because it was half, if not a big chunk, of the fun of twitch. I loved being able to share my favorite music with the streamers I like to watch, but now I can't do that because of this DMCA nonsense. Part of the fun with video games is inserting your own background music, and that should be able to be shared with…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Twitch will be like YouTube, a "Nobody's Land" with only ********, Swearing, Prostitution, , Drugs... Now playing music is a crime, it's forbidden, we have our accounts deleted, can you answer?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Die Streamer die mit Musik ihren Stream untermalen könnten einen kleinen Prozentsatz ihrer Einkünfte abtreten. Klein deshalb weil die Streamer Werbung für die Künstler machen. Ich spielte gerne Musik von unbekannten Interpreten ab. Es ist für mich eine Win/Win-Situation. Ich kann in meinem Stream eine bestimmte Stimmung erzeugen und die Zuschauer auf die Künstler mit ihrer Musik aufmerksam machen. Der Zuschauer kauft den Titel vielleicht später und die Rechteinhaber verdienen.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. A tool where we can link DMCA we have the rights to reproduce, like purchased music, or authorized.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Using the song request via bots in chat, playing youtube videos really is a DMCA stricke?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?